ADVERTISEMENT

Vermont- 9th state to legalize weed

Most people want it, it should be legal. That and all the other things I’ve said which you are willfully ignoring.

I’m not ignoring anything, you’re the one that’s choosing to ignore things that fly in the face of your argument.
I want, is something a child says, an adult looks at the big picture.

I’m giving you that 30%. That is the only data you have successfully submitted here.

30% are dependent, not addicted. Did it say they cannot stop, or just that it might be uncomfortable to stop for a while like say with caffeine?

Again, discomfort is different than letting your life spiral out of control and be unable to stop without intervention and rehab like what happened to you and alcohol. By the way, I’ve seen alcoholism and I am very sympathetic to it as I am with other drug addictions.

It’s the reformed, sober, sanctimonious, holier than thou individuals like yourself who pontificate about what people should and shouldn’t do to hide their insecurities about their own failures who grind my gears bud.

I for one, think weed is awesome. don't agree then you don't have to enjoy it for yourself. It is easier to get than going to the liquor store for beer for me. it is amazing for my wife for anxiety, hormone issues, menstrual cycles, and so on. I know many a happy married men who know what I'm talking about.

I could give a shit really if the govt legalizes or not. It ain't hard to come by.

Reactions: roguemocha
So you are arguing that you’d sell out people for tax revenue?
I’m sorry, either this is all a schtick, or you’re just too stupid to argue with.

I suppose you think people just started smoking pot after legalization? If not, then maybe it makes sense for states to generate revenue off of a product that many, many people already consume. I mean, it’s really not that hard to grasp.

This thread is filled with a bunch of people for and then one lone guy who is against. No reason to get so bent out of shape about it. The guy admitted to being an alcoholic and failing rehab, so I'm sure he developed a mindset out of necessity that sober and completely drug free is the only way to be, and I'm sure he surrounds himself with like minded people. No reason to keep getting so pissed off at the poor guy. Congrats on sobriety Bill and hopefully to many more years buddy, unfortunately the marijuana train is picking up steam so you are more and more in the minority but I get why you need to feel the way you feel.

Reactions: roguemocha
I for one, think weed is awesome. don't agree then you don't have to enjoy it for yourself. It is easier to get than going to the liquor store for beer for me. it is amazing for my wife for anxiety, hormone issues, menstrual cycles, and so on. I know many a happy married men who know what I'm talking about.

I could give a shit really if the govt legalizes or not. It ain't hard to come by.
It may not be for me or you but for someone that actually needs it maybe it is hard to come by.

I’m giving you that 30%. That is the only data you have successfully submitted here.

30% are dependent, not addicted. Did it say they cannot stop, or just that it might be uncomfortable to stop for a while like say with caffeine?

Again, discomfort is different than letting your life spiral out of control and be unable to stop without intervention and rehab like what happened to you and alcohol. By the way, I’ve seen alcoholism and I am very sympathetic to it as I am with other drug addictions.

It’s the reformed, sober, sanctimonious, holier than thou individuals like yourself who pontificate about what people should and shouldn’t do to hide their insecurities about their own failures who grind my gears bud.

I’m not insecure at all, in fact I put it out there knowing full well dip shits like you with no argument other than I want it, would grasp onto it.

Dependent is addicted hoss, you don’t like it because you want to believe MJ is different.

The only one with insecurities here is you, it’s obvious by how defensive you are about a “plant” that you think you’re shit doesn’t stink.

This is a GD discussion board, one of you guys posted a ignorant thread about how wonderful life will be when pot is legal. I brought a different point of view that obviously threatens you.

Grow the **** up, people disagree, have different points of view.

This thread is filled with a bunch of people for and then one lone guy who is against. No reason to get so bent out of shape about it. The guy admitted to being an alcoholic and failing rehab, so I'm sure he developed a mindset out of necessity that sober and completely drug free is the only way to be, and I'm sure he surrounds himself with like minded people. No reason to keep getting so pissed off at the poor guy. Congrats on sobriety Bill and hopefully to many more years buddy, unfortunately the marijuana train is picking up steam so you are more and more in the minority but I get why you need to feel the way you feel.

I know it is, I was simply pointing out that there are different points of view on it and they all aren’t rosy.

It isn’t about me, it’s about the ignorance and lack of knowledge on long term MJ use by the very people screaming for it.

Most people want it, it should be legal. That and all the other things I’ve said which you are willfully ignoring.

Bill’s own previous admission, all within this thread, is that 5% of adults smoke pot now and that number would increase 10 fold if it were legal. That’s half the adult population that want to smoke pot. Half! I’m trying real hard to find a reason we should continue using law enforcement to keep it from them.

Bill’s own previous admission, all within this thread, is that 5% of adults smoke pot now and that number would increase 10 fold if it were legal. That’s half the adult population that want to smoke pot. Half! I’m trying real hard to find a reason we should continue using law enforcement to keep it from them.

Dude, I was f*cking with you on that number, I thought you realized it.

Who chooses pot over a job? .
Ricky-Williams.jpg

I’m not a cop or a religious kook, I just think a shitstorm waiting to happen. I don’t like the idea of the public setting people up for failure.

If you’re an adult and smoke pot knowing full well it could cost you your job, or choose pot to stay in a job that doesn’t piss test, you my friend have a problem. You may not think you do, but you do.

Thanks, dad. Nice 8th version of the same post.

You sound like a real fun guy.

Or maybe, I have a job that doesn't give a shit about what I do on my time. Passed my pre-employment pisser and they don't do randoms.

I've never been to work or even on company property while high. I don't drive or operate heavy machinery. I sit at a desk. They also don't own me on my own time and, quite frankly, what I do in my time is none of their damn business. I also only smoke on rare occasions, usually on weekends or my vacations. Absolutely no worse than you drinking a couple beers on a Saturday.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

Last edited:
Do y'all know ANYBODY who has been in jail for fn weed?? No you don’t. So stop that silly argument. Cops don’t arrest you for weed.

And if you do have enough weed, and you break another law that leads to them charging you with that weed, YOURE STILL GONNA GET CHARGED WITH THE WEED when it’s “legal” because govt is gonna tax and regulate your ass to death with weed laws. Enjoy!

Me. Twice. When I was 19 and 20. Combined amount: 2 grams.
Combined sentence: 2 days in county (with 30 days probated for two years); $124 in fines; 40 hours community service.

Second case thrown out because officer asshole violated my 4th amendment rights because he searched me with no probable cause, my lawyer proved it in court and got me found not guilty because officer asshole didn't show up to my trial.

Also, my old dealer. He got popped with 16 pounds and $100K cash. He did 3 years in state pen.

This was 20 years ago.

Last edited:
I can’t go through all these pages, but if anyone introduced alcohol today as a new drug it would be vehemently protested against most likely. Marijuana on the other hand would be allowed most surely.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Some of you need to smoke more dope. If you don't smoke, maybe you should start. Sure as hell ain't gonna hurt nothing.

@Bill Derington :It goes without saying alcohol abuse has not only claimed countless lives, but also ruined countless relationships. Since mankind developed packaged spirits (beer, wine, liquor, etc), folks abuse the stuff and will continue to do so. I very well recall other threads in which you described your own addiction struggles. Personally speaking, I sincerely applaud your courage and strength overcoming alcohol, not to mention your candidness. Truly inspirational and deserving respect.

A few of my own relatives still experience major problems with the bottle. While driving under the influence, one relative totaled two vehicles during the past couple years, most recently a $16K car belonging to his girlfriend. Insurance will not cover the loss. Thankfully, he lives in a rural area. No one else was hurt or killed. He's on probation for the next few years. My German ex-wife's brother in-law struggled mightily with booze. He passed away roughly 10 years ago in a German hospital from liver cirrhosis. Several fellow soldiers I served with also died from liver disease, all before reaching 45 years old.

An informed individual could even argue, perhaps convincingly, alcohol abuse and addiction are a considerable strain on society in general and individuals in particular. Consider not only lives lost or damages inflicted, both physical and mental, but also medical and law enforcement costs, addiction treatment and lost productivity. I suspect certain cost-benefit analyses, which I've not bothered to research, support the informed individual.

Can we realistically make similar arguments concerning marijuana? Well, for starters, I'm unsure if we've collected enough data yet. Arguably, any substance abuse stands as a societal detriment. Regardless of the vice, individuals become impaired. It's that simple. Introducing a foreign substance into the human body results in changes.

At the end of the day, I, for one, am very happy Vermont enacted such legislation. Vermonters, like citizens of the 8 other pot-legal states, are now afforded choices. The informed individual decides whether or not risks outweigh rewards.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I really looked forward to visiting Colorado earlier this month until my friend backed out over financial issues. We own a small lot located between Fairplay and Hartsell CO, valued at a whopping $849 on a good day. I really wanted to check it out. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
@Bill Derington :It goes without saying alcohol abuse has not only claimed countless lives, but also ruined countless relationships. Since mankind developed packaged spirits (beer, wine, liquor, etc), folks abuse the stuff and will continue to do so. I very well recall other threads in which you described your own addiction struggles. Personally speaking, I sincerely applaud your courage and strength overcoming alcohol, not to mention your candidness. Truly inspirational and deserving respect.

A few of my own relatives still experience major problems with the bottle. While driving under the influence, one relative totaled two vehicles during the past couple years, most recently a $16K car belonging to his girlfriend. Insurance will not cover the loss. Thankfully, he lives in a rural area. No one else was hurt or killed. He's on probation for the next few years. My German ex-wife's brother in-law struggled mightily with booze. He passed away roughly 10 years ago in a German hospital from liver cirrhosis. Several fellow soldiers I served with also died from liver disease, all before reaching 45 years old.

An informed individual could even argue, perhaps convincingly, alcohol abuse and addiction are a considerable strain on society in general and individuals in particular. Consider not only lives lost or damages inflicted, both physical and mental, but also medical and law enforcement costs, addiction treatment and lost productivity. I suspect certain cost-benefit analyses, which I've not bothered to research, support the informed individual.

Can we realistically make similar arguments concerning marijuana? Well, for starters, I'm unsure if we've collected enough data yet. Arguably, any substance abuse stands as a societal detriment. Regardless of the vice, individuals become impaired. It's that simple. Introducing a foreign substance into the human body results in changes.

At the end of the day, I, for one, am very happy Vermont enacted such legislation. Vermonters, like citizens of the 8 other pot-legal states, are now afforded choices. The informed individual decides whether or not risks outweigh rewards.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I really looked forward to visiting Colorado earlier this month until my friend backed out over financial issues. We own a small lot located between Fairplay and Hartsell CO, valued at a whopping $849 on a good day. I really wanted to check it out. Maybe next year.

Great post.

Also, I recently visited Colorado. Holy shit. Promised land.

Everyone was chill, weed was legal, stayed in the middle of Denver and didn't hear police sirens all night long like you do in other major cities, no humidity, beautiful scenery everywhere, thriving local everything, etc.

It was refreshing to step out of the 1950s (Kentucky) and into the future (Colorado). Definitely a much better vibe without a bunch of uptight old people clinging to the days of yore and being perpetual wet blankets of life.

I smoked when I was young and a good career keeps me from doing it again. I don’t mind if people get high, the only problem I have is when they smoke so often they’re too touching stupid to hold a decent conversation without pot being the remedy to everything. Then you’re a useless pothead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT