ADVERTISEMENT

Vermont- 9th state to legalize weed

I still think Colorado’s free market system is the best model. We are after alll a capitalist nation. Kentucky should tax the heck out of it as we do here, I did grow up there and know pretty much anything grows in lush Kentucky.

I still think Colorado’s free market system is the best model. We are after alll a capitalist nation. Kentucky should tax the heck out of it as we do here, I did grow up there and know pretty much anything grows in lush Kentucky.
When you tax it like that it just means the black market continues for regulars..right now Colorado just enjoys tourists buying it from highly taxed stores

Reactions: BlueTick2
If we could get a state such as Texas, Ohio, Florida, or Pennsylvania to go recreational we could really get the ball moving. Last I read Virginia was close also

If we could get a state such as Texas, Ohio, Florida, or Pennsylvania to go recreational we could really get the ball moving. Last I read Virginia was close also
I think this is an outside to inside, rolling change. You already have the whole west coast. Soon you'll see Arizona, New Mexico, and Montana join as they see they're neighbors take their money without erupting into Gamorah. Same in the northeast, as all the New England states join Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine.

Then it'll roll around Big Ten country as I see states like Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois being open. Maybe a Dakota. Canada bordering states.

Then the last states will dig in their heels even more just to be contrarian d's about it. They'll take pride in being opposite of the others. Lot of people look for reasons to cast judgement on others, and this is the exact issue they can do that on.

Gotta give the political parties credit. They could try and take a side to make this their cause. But I think they realize that would spilt people harder and only make things worse.

I honestly think it'll take the baby boomer politicians dying off or retiring in the next 20 years for it to go nationwide.

Once we have state and federal legislators that were born in the 60s or later, then we'll see it throughout the entire country IMO.

Reactions: JDHoss
New York is going to stomp its feet on this one, while every surrounding state (and Canada) reaps the benefits. Idiots.

At some point, people will just go across the border. If enough states have it fully legalized, it will just bleed over. So why not get in on the ground level now? Can't stop this train..

Well, congratulations on opening the door to the gateway drug. Now there's one more state that will have everyone hopped up on pcp thanks to legalizing Satan's asparagus.
How many people have died from tobacco and alcohol in the last 50 years? millions

How many from pot? 0

That door was open a long long time ago.

larry_0.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
How many people have died from tobacco and alcohol in the last 50 years? millions

How many from pot? 0

That door was open a long long time ago.
I was mocking some of my family with that. They talk constantly about how bad marijuana and "al-kee-hall" are but are usually high on painkillers while doing so. (It's medicine from the doctor so it's actually good for you)

I was mocking some of my family with that. They talk constantly about how bad marijuana and "al-kee-hall" are but are usually high on painkillers while doing so. (It's medicine from the doctor so it's actually good for you)

Sure. Doctors also used to prescribe mercury, cocaine, and opium (laudanum) like it was going out of style in the 19th century.

People are too irresponsible to handle legalizing much more. There will be a price to be paid, there always is. People always find a way to screw up the best of ideas.

Yeah the price to be paid is less people doped up on man made pain pills instead of growing their habit in their back yard garden

Until you take mj off the drug classification, it really doesn't matter to most people. The private sectors are still testing for it in all of those states. It's not really legal anywhere in my mind until that happens. Employers have the real and final say.

Yeah the price to be paid is less people doped up on man made pain pills instead of growing their habit in their back yard garden

Jobs will allow people to work while taking pills as long as they have a script. That's the problem and it's killing this country. I'm losing friends and family everyday. And I say lose because these pills turn them into crack heads.

We need to stigmatized the pills like we do other hard drugs. Employers need to have a no tolerance policy on pain killers and Xanax etc and then you might see the nation start to detox.

Jobs will allow people to work while taking pills as long as they have a script. That's the problem and it's killing this country. I'm losing friends and family everyday. And I say lose because these pills turn them into crack heads.

We need to stigmatized the pills like we do other hard drugs. Employers need to have a no tolerance policy on pain killers and Xanax etc and then you might see the nation start to detox.

You know why pills became a major problem? Those same Doctors that you tout about giving marijuana for medicinal use.

They over prescribed the shit out of them, give people a script for 120 pills. You take 120 pills as prescribed and you’re addicted, it’s gonna hurt when you come off them. So then the Doc prescribed more, and guess who will never miss a doc appointment, an addict.

You know why pills became a major problem? Those same Doctors that you tout about giving marijuana for medicinal use.

They over prescribed the shit out of them, give people a script for 120 pills. You take 120 pills as prescribed and you’re addicted, it’s gonna hurt when you come off them. So then the Doc prescribed more, and guess who will never miss a doc appointment, an addict.
If only there were a plant

Reactions: BlueTick2

It’s amazing when you look at the fact that pills such as Xanax were never intended on being a constant. And our system has allowed doctors to over use and addict the nation. It’s the biggest issue in the entire country yet falls way down the list of priorities. And I’m sure the government loves every minute of it.

Scary way for a country to go out. Smart way for the powerful to gain control.

There isn’t a need for it, simply prescribe medicine appropriately.

As someone who smoked a lot of bud and has trouble with it today I can honestly say I’m an expert on the lifestyle sadly and no, regardless of how people justify it, living a clean life and chasing goals is always the best option. I’m not trying to be a hypocrite, I just think people that need to alter their mind using a substance for self medicating purposes is a negative and has roots in unhappiness. I didn’t understand that until I hit my 30’s, I always just thought I was doing it because it was fun.

Hope I didn’t kill a buzz.

As someone who smoked a lot of bud and has trouble with it today I can honestly say I’m an expert on the lifestyle sadly and no, regardless of how people justify it, living a clean life and chasing goals is always the best option. I’m not trying to be a hypocrite, I just think people that need to alter their mind using a substance for self medicating purposes is a negative and has roots in unhappiness. I didn’t understand that until I hit my 30’s, I always just thought I was doing it because it was fun.

Hope I didn’t kill a buzz.

You hit the nail on the head.

Just as marijuana isn't a gateway to stronger drugs, it isn't a gateway to lesser drug use either. Pillheads aren't going to magically start smoking weed just because they can legally grow it. Pillheads are still going to take pills just as alcoholics are still going to drink.

Reactions: Bill Derington
ADVERTISEMENT