ADVERTISEMENT

UT on Saturday

Becomes one of the most important in Cal era. Another home loss and this team may not make the field of 64. There are lots of tough road and home games left. We are about to be on the bubble. Let that sink in. Do they still play the NIT?
That's an overreaction with so many top team losing, but lose Sat. and any shot at a top 3 seed is gone for good. If it isn't already.

I don’t know why this thread is not getting more attention. If we lose on Saturday, it’s a wrap. You can give me all the metrics, and after evaluating we have less than a 5% chance at an NCAA championship. So here we go…..I wouldn’t take that bet

Lose 4 more games and then go out first game of SECT and we very well could be on the bubble. That is not an exaggeration.
2 games with UT 2 games with Bama 1 with Auburn 1 at Mississippi State 1 at LSU. Home with the Zags. How do you feel good about a team that lost to UnCW and Florida at home and was blown out at USC? This isn’t a very good team.

Doesn't mean shit if they beat UT on Saturday.
If they do they will then lose to someone like LSU or Vandy. It's over. Round of 32 here we go out again.
This is how I feel. we've all seen the movie play out over the last few seasons.

During Cal's first 9 seasons here, I felt like if we can just get to March with a shot at making a run, our talented YOUNG kids would be ready. Now, I feel like our kids don't have the grit or are no longer overwhelmingly more talented than even the mid-level teams anymore. Heck, KSU has BOUNCED Cal TWICE over the last few seasons and last year TALKED SMACK afterwards about how we no longer had any "Dogs".

SAD

Cal doesn't force his guys to do the things necessary to win games because that would mean getting physical, and he doesn't want to get blamed for them not getting drafted.

Reactions: ukjenning44

UT on Saturday…​

Is gonna beat the sh!t out of us!
I hope not. Living here I can’t stand them but if they embarrass UK in Rupp then Cal should announce his resignation effective At season end. I personally believe Cal will do his best to run the program in the ground before he leaves. He is so arrogant and feels UK fans are all ignorant.

Reactions: ukjenning44
The SEC is too good for there to be much worry. It's going to get treated like the Big12 last year and big10 the year before that... where you could have a .500 record in conference play and still be fine to make the tournament.

Believe it or not, Florida is now 32 in kenpom. USC and TAM are 46 and 47. It's maybe the strongest the conference has been from top to bottom.

The problem is, it could still be quite a few losses coming. And certainly with officiating like that.

If we lose Saturday against Tennessee, then it will drop us about 11 spots. Kentucky will be lucky to be a 7 seed come March. Sure, we can win, but until they prove me wrong, I don't see a higher seed.

Reactions: gharding07
Can't see this team beating Tennessee. Unfortunately, we suck at Rupp under Cal these days.

Guys this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Mortgage the house and bet the spread. UT will cover easily.

Reactions: OleBum
If I were a betting man, I would say UT beats us for sure if Wagner does not play and might even if he does. We have to have everybody clicking to beat SEC teams, it's obvious. When is our next road game win, will we even win another road game. Alabama and Ole Miss are home games that worry me, until we can have everybody available it's going to be a problem beating any team.

At this rate we'll have 6 players available for March and Z still won't see the floor. If Wagner and Edwards are out again Saturday bet the house on UT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT