ADVERTISEMENT

Something Somewhat Annoying, Thanks SEC

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
We haven't had a true, home Senior Day on a Saturday since 2019 (Tyler Herro, K Johnson, Reid Travis team).

In fact, out of the last 8 seasons (since 2016), we have had ONE true Saturday home game for Senior day heading into the SEC Tournament. 2019.

2017, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023, and 2024 have all been road Saturday games to finish the season (2021 was a home one but it was COVID with no fans, etc.)

Every other senior day has been some mid-week snooze fest at 9PM against teams like Vandy or South Carolina.

Thanks to the SEC schedule makers- how is that possible?

Made for TV games that help lead into Duke Carolina.

It's just annoying because I think heading into Nashville with some heat can be nice- imagine if we were heading down to Nashville fresh off that beatdown against Alabama- that's some crazy momentum- the final Saturday game of the season on CBS at home could really go a long way- plus it's a harder road game because team's play with extra juice for their senior days- TN will be revved up.

Also annoying more for me is we have played a road game to close the season all those years. WTF I assumed that we would just rotate the last game of the year home and away I never noticed that this is the 3rd year in a row it is a road game.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Things like televised midnight madness and pro days, SEC tournament close by, outweigh TV spectacles on the road to end the season.

Also annoying more for me is we have played a road game to close the season all those years. WTF I assumed that we would just rotate the last game of the year home and away I never noticed that this is the 3rd year in a row it is a road game.

That's what I am saying! If it was a home game, we would do senior day on that day.

But 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023 and 2024 have all been road games to end the year, at Florida, @ Arkansas or @ Tennessee almost every single time.

7 of the last 8 years.

And why are we playing a 9:30 game when 2 west teams are playing before us?

I thought that had been the case, but didn’t realize it was 7/8 years. That’s kind of crazy. I use to root for other secs teams in the tournament, but reasons like this are why I don’t care about them anymore. The sec does us no favors with scheduling.

The SEC uses Kentucky basketball to try and prop up other teams. Been doing it for ages. I hate this league. And **** every other team in it. They don’t pull for us. I only want them to do well out of conference so it bolsters our tourney resume and chances at a higher seed. But that’s not a factor in march so i pull for all of them to lose unless they’re playing someone I hate like Duke, UNC, Kansas, Louisville, IU etc

Closing the season on the road every season, always somebody’s Senior Day opponent, sounds about right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT