ADVERTISEMENT

UT at it again !

Years ago ABC was reporting that a huge story was about to break on infractions at Ut. illegal inducements to players families by giving them free housing at lush hotels in Gatlinburg for home games and lots more. This was early Fulmer years. The night before the story was to break it suddenly vanished. Not long after that Fulmer turned in UK and Alabama for offering money to a Memphis lineman. UK is desperate to win a National championship in football or basketball. Their boosters will go to any limit to win.
Phat also had a bounty program, $500-$1000 to the player(s) who took out an opponent's QB, RB, WR or defensive playmaker. Lucrative.

Grumpy granny is still insecure

Insecure about what? We own you bunch of cheaters, and collected another year's rent on that dump the vols play it. It just kills you because I am telling the truth.

But how about this, if the vols don't like the ncaa, and clearly they dont, leave. Even the chancellor is proving what everyone thought about UT. IF Pryitt had been 10-2 the peanuts he was giving kids would have been swept under rug. Now vols were flying nico out in a private jet and giving him 8 mil. But that was so he would sign with UT. Another reason no one likes UT because their arrogant fans think other fanbases should believe that. Vol fans wanted to claim Pruitt learned to cheat at Bama, FSU and UGA. Yet the only place he was ever caught was at UT. He is dumb as a rock, he would have been caught long before his UT hiring.

I guess you will be in Athens next year to witness your annual butt kicking. Hopefully you get a couple speeding tickets on the trip.

UT collective holding on campus autograph events for visiting recruits while chancellor passes out C notes to students excused from class to fawn over potential "student-athletes"? Would you be surprised?

Reactions: Girthang
Ask yourself this, if Spire was just representing Nicco with the 8 mil offer and it had nothing to do with him attending UT, would Spire still have paid Nicco if he chose another school? We all know the answer to that.

Reactions: Girthang
It is an interesting development. If you have a military background or study the art of war, I think the NCAA is attempting "probing attacks". That is when you poke around at a seemingly daunting defensive fortification for weakness or attack opportunities.

Last summer the NCAA sent out a pretty harsh warning about NIL violations. Then after the 2023 season it was announced FSU was hit with accusations about NIL coordinating. Florida was under investigation for the recruitment failure of Rashada (because of NIL failure to deliver $$). Now this Knoxville news.

For 3 yrs the CFB media has said NIL was legalized cheating, that kids could be paid and NCAA couldn't do anything. IMO we are starting to find out if that is true or not. And if it proves false, that the NCAA can and in fact will punish schools blatantly violating NIL? Lots of places gonna be very very nervous.

Oxford, Columbus OH, Miami, College Station, and of course Louisville

It is an interesting development. If you have a military background or study the art of war, I think the NCAA is attempting "probing attacks". That is when you poke around at a seemingly daunting defensive fortification for weakness or attack opportunities.

Last summer the NCAA sent out a pretty harsh warning about NIL violations. Then after the 2023 season it was announced FSU was hit with accusations about NIL coordinating. Florida was under investigation for the recruitment failure of Rashada (because of NIL failure to deliver $$). Now this Knoxville news.

For 3 yrs the CFB media has said NIL was legalized cheating, that kids could be paid and NCAA couldn't do anything. IMO we are starting to find out if that is true or not. And if it proves false, that the NCAA can and in fact will punish schools blatantly violating NIL? Lots of places gonna be very very nervous.

Oxford, Columbus OH, Miami, College Station, and of course Louisville
There’s something to be said about this taking so long that the risk has been worth the reward in a lot of these cases. Seems like sitting back and waiting on the NCAA was for sure the dumb strategy. And that’s exactly what we took.

Addicted to cheating 🍺
200.webp

Insecure about what? We own you bunch of cheaters, and collected another year's rent on that dump the vols play it. It just kills you because I am telling the truth.

But how about this, if the vols don't like the ncaa, and clearly they dont, leave. Even the chancellor is proving what everyone thought about UT. IF Pryitt had been 10-2 the peanuts he was giving kids would have been swept under rug. Now vols were flying nico out in a private jet and giving him 8 mil. But that was so he would sign with UT. Another reason no one likes UT because their arrogant fans think other fanbases should believe that. Vol fans wanted to claim Pruitt learned to cheat at Bama, FSU and UGA. Yet the only place he was ever caught was at UT. He is dumb as a rock, he would have been caught long before his UT hiring.

I guess you will be in Athens next year to witness your annual butt kicking. Hopefully you get a couple speeding tickets on the trip.

You just typed your insecurities

Poor granny

Deny, deny, deny. Take your lead from your coal bucket dumb Chancellor I see.
Hey guys, we are acting like arguing middle schoolers. Don't ever think that there is a single school in college football that hasn't or doesn't pay players. I'm sure we, KY, have and do. Let it play out. I will be shocked if every school in SEC doesn't join TN in this law suit. I hope we don't throw the first stone. Think about how KY gets 4 or 5 McDonald's AA every year. They are NOT cheap. We may not like TN, and we may hope they get sanctions, but we need to be mindful everyone is being looked upon as who will be next.

You just typed your insecurities

Poor granny

Does being a UT fan require you not being able to read? I guess it's hard to accept Kirby has Chumlee's offense on lockdown and all Chumlee can do is give that blank stare of his when he has another 3 and out. Save of your change we be back in Knoxville soon to collect our rent on that dump ut plays in because we own it just like we own Chumlee. Now you make some stupid retort that makes no sense about how what I typed was true.

When Tennessee is under investigation strangely different SEC teams take an NCAA hit. Almost like someone was plea bargaining behind the scenes.

This is what UT and it's fans don't understand, saying a kid still in HS huge amounts of money by their collective "hoping" he attends their university and apparently using their plane to fly him in for visits is the same as paying a 4th year Sr on their team getting 200k. Was that all caring vol collective willing to let Nico use their plane on visits to OSU or Bama?

TN Mafia, AKA TN Sports Media, is in full fledged attack mode going after anything and everything that ain't Orange. They're in full support of their dullard Chancellor, refusing to ask why this dolt needs the NCAA to tell her it's a no-no to give your future QB $8M while still in HS(keep in mind this investigation covers "multiple" players). It's so easy to see why/how TN's kept their skirts clean over the years, they are deeply insulated. If this were Fulmer Era TN another SEC program would suddenly be investigated/put on probation. Something to watch moving forward.

The Hot Take Pendulum about to swing back to Barnhardt’s judicious approach to NIL being the wise one.

….The best thing about the Internet is if you don’t like the current conventional wisdom just wait a few news cycles until real world events change the narrative. Everybody gets a turn being right.
The same people clowning Tennessee are the same people who trashed Barnhart for not cheating like Tennessee.

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
The Chancellor of the University of Tennessee is a dullard and dolt? What does that make you as someone that spends their entire day on a UK message board all day everyday? 😂
Yes, since she blamed TN's paying $8M for a HS QB on the NCAA. Pretty dumb. And how I spend my time is none of your effing business so piss off, seek validation elsewhere, you won't get it here.

Reactions: Tf2217
Read Kavanaugh's Concurrence. The NCAA is dead if it gets to the Supreme Court:

Price-fixing labor is price-fixing labor. And price-fixing labor is ordinarily a textbook antitrust problem because it extinguishes the free market in which individuals can otherwise obtain fair compensation for their work. See, e.g., Texaco Inc. v. Dagher, 547 U.S. 1, 5 (2006). Businesses like the NCAA cannot avoid the consequences of price-fixing labor by incorporating price-fixed labor into the definition of the product. Or to put it in more doctrinal terms, a monopsony cannot launder its price-fixing of labor by calling it product definition.

The bottom line is that the NCAA and its member colleges are suppressing the pay of student athletes who collectively generate billions of dollars in revenues for colleges every year. Those enormous sums of money flow to seemingly everyone except the student athletes. College presidents, athletic directors, coaches, conference commissioners, and NCAA executives take in six- and seven-figure salaries. Colleges build lavish new facilities. But the student athletes who generate the revenues, many of whom are African American and from lower-income backgrounds, end up with little or nothing. See Brief for African American Antitrust Lawyers as Amici Curiae 13–17.
OK, counselor... let's be careful before we find ourselves discussing a host of questions that have nothing to do with college athletics.

Ha that’s what I thought

Just your hate bubbling up….no proof that Tennessee did anything you claimed

Carry on

You are some frigging dumb all you can do is call me a name, can't defend that cheating culture UT has developed over decades. A team and fanbase desperate not to be what you have been the last 20+ years. What's going to be funny is when Nico is declared ineligible to play with the vols because of the plane rides but gets to keep the money and play anywhere else because like you say, it wasn't so he would come to UT.

Read Kavanaugh's Concurrence. The NCAA is dead if it gets to the Supreme Court:

Price-fixing labor is price-fixing labor. And price-fixing labor is ordinarily a textbook antitrust problem because it extinguishes the free market in which individuals can otherwise obtain fair compensation for their work. See, e.g., Texaco Inc. v. Dagher, 547 U.S. 1, 5 (2006). Businesses like the NCAA cannot avoid the consequences of price-fixing labor by incorporating price-fixed labor into the definition of the product. Or to put it in more doctrinal terms, a monopsony cannot launder its price-fixing of labor by calling it product definition.

The bottom line is that the NCAA and its member colleges are suppressing the pay of student athletes who collectively generate billions of dollars in revenues for colleges every year. Those enormous sums of money flow to seemingly everyone except the student athletes. College presidents, athletic directors, coaches, conference commissioners, and NCAA executives take in six- and seven-figure salaries. Colleges build lavish new facilities. But the student athletes who generate the revenues, many of whom are African American and from lower-income backgrounds, end up with little or nothing. See Brief for African American Antitrust Lawyers as Amici Curiae 13–17.

Do they also get the use of boosters planes to make visits? Does said booster allow the use of his plane when the student athlete is taking visits to other programs? This is and has been against the rules since people had private planes, UT is trying to shift the goalpost on what they were actually doing.

The NCAA simply has to declare The Wonder Boy ineligible and let UT drag out the process in court for as long as they want.

If the NCAA can keep Big Z ineligible over earning $300 in Croatia, they shouldn't have any trouble declaring Nico ineligible until THEY decide whether or not he is eligible after taking illegal recruiting inducements to attend UT.

ThugU never fails to make things more fun each time they get into trouble and that has been almost every year in the last 10 or so... I love making fun of those cheaters, and they never learn to stay straight... Keep it going ThugU I love making fun of you losers...

GBB

The NCAA simply has to declare The Wonder Boy ineligible and let UT drag out the process in court for as long as they want.

If the NCAA can keep Big Z ineligible over earning $300 in Croatia, they shouldn't have any trouble declaring Nico ineligible until THEY decide whether or not he is eligible after taking illegal recruiting inducements to attend UT.

If history is our guide, UK better keep its head down. Last time Alabama UT and others were investigated for bidding 100k on Albert Means, UK got hammered for gloves and 75$ in money orders. Can't imagine what kind of penalties they'll come up with for us now that 8M is being used to induce a signing...

Do they also get the use of boosters planes to make visits? Does said booster allow the use of his plane when the student athlete is taking visits to other programs? This is and has been against the rules since people had private planes, UT is trying to shift the goalpost on what they were actually doing.

Exactly. Most of their fans are too ignorant to know the difference, but all of their fans don't care that they cheat. That's why they always revert to "Everyone does it" just like criminals always do.

The same people clowning Tennessee are the same people who trashed Barnhart for not cheating like Tennessee.
Name all of them!!!! You will never find my name calling for UK to cheat... I hate cheaters and always have, if UK does I have no sympathy if they get caught and say good you deserve it...
I was around when UK has been caught and never bad mouthed anyone... I was disappointed that UK was doing it but not because they got caught...

GBB

This is a joke, good one Grumpy!

It is funny, but wasn't meant as a joke. My guess is if you took a random poll of 10 fans from every SEC team, 160 fans of their 2 favorite SEC teams, outside of the 10 vol fans TN gets less than 5 votes. It's not because they are winning everything, because it's been 25 years since they won anything anyone cares about. It's because their teams and fans are such disrespectful horses rears no one can stand them. For example, the best college baseball team ever assembled couldn't get out of regional because umps cheated, 2 years ago the vol fanbase threw garbage on the field after a correct call they didn't like by the officials, and now the big bad NCAA is picking on them because they paid a kid 8m to become a vol, clearly against NIL rules, but the rules were changed to harass the vols. It's a program committed to not playing by the rules, hiring coaches with questionable character and then whining that everyone is picking on the vols. It's because nothing sucks like a large orange.

Hey guys, we are acting like arguing middle schoolers. Don't ever think that there is a single school in college football that hasn't or doesn't pay players. I'm sure we, KY, have and do. Let it play out. I will be shocked if every school in SEC doesn't join TN in this law suit. I hope we don't throw the first stone. Think about how KY gets 4 or 5 McDonald's AA every year. They are NOT cheap. We may not like TN, and we may hope they get sanctions, but we need to be mindful everyone is being looked upon as who will be next.
The holy roller Mitch Barnhart ain’t breaking a rule lmao. He cares more about that than he does the winning.

UT on its way to rolling the NCAA in the court case

Judge: “Considering the evidence currently before the Court, Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits of their claim under the Sherman Act.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT