ADVERTISEMENT

Updated SI Top 100 NBA Draft

Save yourselves all the hand wringing. They're ALL going pro. Every. Damn. One. Of. Them. Including the water boys and team managers.

If you adopt that mindset, you'll be elated when Montgomery and Baker decide to return.

UK needs one of those guys, plus IQ, Baker, EJ, and Nick. Can't lose guys from that group to transfer or G-League.

Yes, totally agree. Am hoping (all though at UK you never know) that those guys are set to return.

Save yourselves all the hand wringing. They're ALL going pro. Every. Damn. One. Of. Them. Including the water boys and team managers.

If you adopt that mindset, you'll be elated when Montgomery and Baker decide to return.

Not sure I'd be elated to hear role players say they don't mind another season at UK.

Now I'd be elated if any of our real NBA guys (Kj, PJ, Hagans, Herro) come back.

Maybe Hagans...
Herro bye bye

Still not convinced an NBA team wants to invest a top 30 pick on a 6'4 1/2" two guard with mediocre reach and streaky shooting skills.

Maybe they do, but I don't see the "NBA now or bust" mentality from him like I've seen from some of our former players who treated a second year at UK like the plague.

Herro should look at Culver from Texas Tech as an example of what we could be if he returned for a second season.

At this point not sure anyone couldn’t have this mindset. They go every year. Just accept it and stop waisting time on what if they come back.

I think Herro is more needed next year than Hagans. I realize they’re both probably gone but physically Hagans is a lot more ready than Herro.

I think a starting lineup of Maxey/Quickley/Whitney/McDaniels/EJ could be as good as any in the country.

I’m not counting on having any of those guys back. I wasn’t counting on having EJ back when the season started.

At this point not sure anyone couldn’t have this mindset. They go every year. Just accept it and stop waisting time on what if they come back.

Considering they most likely will be a guard oriented team next year at this time with the lack of big men after Richards transfers, the prayers should be non stop that we get one of those two back to keep the team above mediocrity.
That is unless another Reid is floating around.
Never know...

SI seems to be the most up to date, with good write-ups to boot. The two biggest players used to be NBA Draft and Draft Express, but not sure I'd put much stock in them anymore. SI is clearly putting thought into this.

SI seems to be the most up to date, with good write-ups to boot. The two biggest players used to be NBA Draft and Draft Express, but not sure I'd put much stock in them anymore. SI is clearly putting thought into this.

Draft Express (now through ESPN) is still the best IMO. The dude running it is a Florida grad who does not like UK but they still do the best job I think.

A more limited ceiling than some of the players ahead of him on this list.

This bit about KJ I think could apply to anyone on Kentucky right now. These guys aren't Cal's normal sure-fire NBA players. They aren't just gonna get drafted because of measurables and size.. they will need to earn it, and yes, that includes KJ, who has been consistently slipping in the draft.

I think Herro may be 60/40 for the draft now, but you never know with a player like him. I think Hagans is a 2-year guy, unless he wants to be a mid 2nd round 1AD, which I don't think was his plan.

Considering they most likely will be a guard oriented team next year at this time with the lack of big men after Richards transfers, the prayers should be non stop that we get one of those two back to keep the team above mediocrity.
That is unless another Reid is floating around.
Never know...

I’m hopeful just have little to no reason to believe anyone who contributed at all will be back. After Hami and Vanderbilt I really stopped having Hope dudes will be back. I’m of the mindset now that no one will come back but hope to be pleasently surprised from time to time.

Still not convinced an NBA team wants to invest a top 30 pick on a 6'4 1/2" two guard with mediocre reach and streaky shooting skills.

Maybe they do, but I don't see the "NBA now or bust" mentality from him like I've seen from some of our former players who treated a second year at UK like the plague.

Herro has a fantastic mid range game and can
take it to the hole and finish strong with either hand.

Has good hops and is very savy with high bb iq.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Without signing guys in the top 5 we honestly need both Hagans and Herro back to win the title next season. Add that to Baker, IQ, EJ, and Richards and we are looking more and more like a traditional CBB team than a 1AD factory (which we need to be in order to win titles since over the last few classes the top 5 has been going elsewhere).

If either one came back it would surprise me. Hagans, despite his stock and limited offensive game, stated he came here to be OAD. Hopefully he doesn’t that mistake because I don’t think he goes first round in the offense-oriented NBA.

Herro could go in the 20s of this year’s draft or return and go lottery next year if he demonstrates a consistent outside shot (in addition to his other skills) over the course of an entire season). If she shoots 40%+ he could go top 5.

Unless they transfer don’t see Richards or E.J. leaving and I don’t think they do transfer as we have no bigs signed for next season of the remaining I think only McDaniels could challenge either for a starting spot.

Looks like Grant Williams will get his Masters in supply chain management and play for Tennessee next year.

Herro won't be back next year. I'll certainly enjoy him making $$$s in the pros.

Hagans probably 75/25 going.

It's like some of you all have completely blocked out the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If Williams and Schofield are not high draft picks then this class must be dynamite.... As for UK....I expect to lose 7-8 as normal (Travis, Washington, Herro, Hagans, Johnson, Montgomery and most likely Richards goes over seas or goes G league. ...problem is we have missed on most of our targets this year so next year may be interesting unless we get some reclassifies and some surprise returnees... Right now I see Maxey Whitney Quickley Baker and Brad Calipari as our roster for next year.

Richards will not leave seeing that he’s not been recruited over he’ll be the starting center, couple that with his girlfriend being a senior at UK! Cal will sell Montgomery on doing what P.J. did! Hagans and Herro are gone! Hagans will risk it even in the second round and as we saw this year with Hami and Vanderbilt you can get a guaranteed contract in the second round!

Looks like Grant Williams will get his Masters in supply chain management and play for Tennessee next year.

It's nice to see UTjr caring about hoops. Most of my volneck buddies have never cared for a single second of their lives about basketball until this season.

I guess losing 3 straight to Vanderbilt in football (and 5 of 7), has really taken a toll on that fanbase.

It's nice to see UTjr caring about hoops. Most of my volneck buddies have never cared for a single second of their lives about basketball until this season.

I guess losing 3 straight to Vanderbilt in football (and 5 of 7), has really taken a toll on that fanbase.
Your buddies have probably always cared about UT bball. It's just that you are suddenly now caring that they're caring.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Your buddies have probably always cared about UT bball. It's just that you are suddenly now caring that they're caring.

Weak comeback and you're wrong.

Most of my friends are UTjr fans or grads, and they've never cared about college basketball at all until March Madness / Betting pools. They always made it a point to say as much too.

I'm glad they care, college hoops is a great sport. After Barnes' luck runs out with Williams and Schoefield, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money, they all go back to not caring about college basketball.

Reactions: MbergCat
Hold on a second.. are Vandy and UT fans fighting on our board?

Well here's a first..

"No, WE'RE the 2nd fanbase on the Kentucky forum!"
"NOO! WE ARE!"

Hagans will return if he's projected as a second rounder after the season. Herro will have a tougher decision. Late first round now or come back and work towards the lottery.

The way PJ is playing, there's 0 chance he lasts to the 20s. I'm not saying he's a top 10 pick, but I definitely can't name 21 better players than him to draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT