ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheat takes offense when U. Of Maryland prez says school should get death penalty

I didn't know that a third NOA reset the timeline yet again, and that apparently the date for UNCheat's response is not known to the public. Meaning next year this is probably still not going to be resolved and they may have a chance at a repeat.

Good article, why aren't there more and why now, it's over now. The outcry from everybody should have began 2 years ago. If the NCAA doesn't do something big then what is the incentive to follow the rules other than doing the right thing, If major punishment is not levied against Carolina then college athletics will be like the wild west, lawless. Will the NCAA defend their rules or fold to a school that bragged about doing things the Carolina way, cheating and laughing all the way to the championship.

Maryland to the Big10 means they don't have to tow the company line for Puke or unc. They couldn't wait to get out of tobacco rd hell, now they can call em like they see em. Good for him.

Like many others we all see unc trying even more delay tactics to go for a repeat... rather than face the music.... even if its played on the worlds smallest violin by Mark Emmert as he jerks to his new Jordan memorabilia.

This needs to come to an end either way...either unc gets hammered or the ncaa does for its "lack of institutional control" over unc.

Bravo University of Maryland!!

This is exactly what I've been waiting on from other NCAA schools. It's going to take an outcry from the member institutions for UNC to get the punishment they deserve!!

Maryland will be in trouble for this, you can bet your house on it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the NCAA open an investigation into the UM athletic dept any day now. I'll bet ESPN snubs them for broadcasts next year as well.
Such behavior does not go unpunished.

They should, and at least 2 of those titles should come down.....
the scandal started in '93 (at best lol). they win the '93 title with starters majoring in afam. they should have three titles taken down at least.

i'm not sure why people on this board forget/overlook that. they have three legit titles imo like kansas. even though i'd bet they were cheating in '82 as well and probably way back before.

the scandal started in '93 (at best lol). they win the '93 title with starters majoring in afam. they should have three titles taken down at least. i'm not sure why people on this board forget/overlook that.
We don't overlook that, but the NCAA (pretty certain) is focused only on the 2000's. That is where the damning evidence was found.

Shocked that more schools have not spoken out, especially ones that have suffered NCAA penalties. UL may be the one to hammer the NCAA hard if they get hammered before the Cheats.

haha, i love the comments by the unCHEAT defenders at the bottom of the story. reminds me of birdbrain fans of another school in similar trouble.

UNC didn't break any rules. The NCAA doesn't determine what is an accredit class and what isnt. Also non student athletes were allowed to take the class. There is also no way to prove that those players would have been ineligible without the class. Work was also done in the classes which was proven in the report. What UNC did was bend the rules as much as possible without breaking them. The NCAA has no case and if they try to hand out a severe punishment they will probably lose in court.

Reactions: yrusonvus
Cue the usual suspects to chime in with "how can we throw stones when we had issues in the 50s and 80s".
I say let them chime in.
We've been clean for 28 years.
We were punished more harshly than any team since. Fired the coaching staff, post season ban for 2 years, had to return $350,000, limited to 3 scholarships for 2 years and games could not be televised.

We paid our debt...

UNC didn't break any rules. The NCAA doesn't determine what is an accredit class and what isnt. Also non student athletes were allowed to take the class. There is also no way to prove that those players would have been ineligible without the class. Work was also done in the classes which was proven in the report. What UNC did was bend the rules as much as possible without breaking them. The NCAA has no case and if they try to hand out a severe punishment they will probably lose in court.
Would like to see this come to court . Would some of the people that received hush money have to talk then ?

Reactions: d2atTech
Um,wut?

Reactions: Brando Mac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT