ADVERTISEMENT

UNC will release NCAA’s Notice of Allegations today

saxonburgcat

Senior
Aug 22, 2012
This is a sad day for college basketball. You can draw your own conclusions:

http://chapelboro.com/news/unc/chansky-unc-happy-with-notice-of-allegations/

Sources close to the situation say that the football and men’s basketball program escaped allegations that would lead to the vacating of victories and (in basketball’s case) a national championship looking back and has not been charged with any violations that would result in a post-season ban and loss of scholarships moving forward

Joffrey_zps9x894jgx.jpg

What exactly is the incentive to actually play by the rules? Duke and UNCheat could take an ad out in the paper explicitly admitting to rampaant cheating in minute detail and the NCAA would look the other way. It's a criminal organization, plain and simple.

I mean, nothing?? Jesus. Good for nothing NCAA. It would be great if the schools took matters into their own hands and just refused to play UNC in OOC.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Expected nothing less but that's disgusting.

To deny that this was set up strictly for athletes is pathetic. As is acting like fake classes are the same as easy majors such as communications. Athletes make up about 10% of the student body and made up about 80% of those classes. With academic advisors pointing struggling athletes in that direction. Blatant organized cheating completely ignored.

Which school recently got notified of an investigation into academic violation? They should go en masse and take a massive dump on the NCAA President's desk.

Reactions: Brando Mac
The politics of the NCAA are just like the politics of other scenarios... if you have The Media playing CYA for you, you're probably going to come out of it with a big tish-eating-grin.

The best criminals never go to jail. This is proven time and again in politics and apparently, UNC basketball.

Emmert has demonstrated his impotence for the world to see. What a shameful horrible sight.

UNC has proven over the years to be pros at what they do. And they cheat better than any other program. They wrote the book so like they say, nothing to see here, move on. WHAT A JOKE. No wonder this was released on Memorial Day weekend.

I seriously hope we don't renew our series with them. Never want our guys to have to set foot on that campus ever again. The stench is bound to be on them for weeks afterwards.

This is a sad day for college basketball. You can draw your own conclusions:

http://chapelboro.com/news/unc/chansky-unc-happy-with-notice-of-allegations/

Sources close to the situation say that the football and men’s basketball program escaped allegations that would lead to the vacating of victories and (in basketball’s case) a national championship looking back and has not been charged with any violations that would result in a post-season ban and loss of scholarships moving forward
Is anyone surprised, really? Time for other schools to set up bogus classes for the struggling athletes, making sure they have a few "non-athletes" in the class.

Relax. Pack Pride is saying the same thing happened before they were hit in football 5 years ago.

If it really was great news for them do you think they'd have this article released on a Friday of a long weekend where it will be forgotten by Tuesday?

Also, we know they worked closely with the NCAA on this. Do you believe they would have spent time and money to discredit the Wainstein report if they didn't have anything to worry about?

And then you have Roy crying. If he knows they are getting a wrist slap does he cry like that? Or is it for show to try and soften any penalty?

The NCAA has confirmed what we already knew. Biased and Impotent. The Big 5 need to turn the corner and re-invent College sports.

Reactions: Federal Cat
A couple things, not even UNC fans trust Art's sources. That being said, if you actually read the reports there's nothing there to hit the men's bb team for. I tried to get you all to read for yourselves, so as to get a better understanding, but most relied on close-to-bs media articles. I could be wrong but it's looking more and more like the actual facts are getting out, or at least that the NCAA based its investigation on facts. I will say it again, from the reports and prior cases: LOIC (to please the media and punishment for academics asleep at the wheel), probation for men's bb, other sports who knows (Women's bb probably hammered because of Boxil and women's soccer probably hammered).

I bet Vitale is dancing a jig tonight.

This is why Jay Bilas several weeks ago stuck to the notion that the UNC fraud was perpetrated by a few rogues. He
is smarter than that, but as a lawyer knows how the game is played but more importantly wanted to be on the right side of a ruling he knew was coming. The only good part about this is that UNC is stuck with tired Ole Lyin' Roy.

Reactions: Saven
Everything we are hearing right now, including this Bobby character, is coming from the unc pr team. If any of this is good news for unc we will see all kinds of articles next week. But we are getting them on the Friday before a holiday weekend. Classic pr strategy.

This guy is nothing but a UNC homer blogger. He knows absolutely nothing. If Dan Kane comes out with something similar to what this idiot is saying, be worried.

Never want our guys to have to set foot on that campus ever again.

Why not? Good way for our guys to get a quick degree or two while there. And I disagree, keep playing them. They didn't bail on us during our Ky Shame, so we shouldn't bail out on them. If, and that's a big IF, keep playing them and hopefully beating them to even out, or even overtake them overall in the series.

This guy is nothing but a UNC homer blogger. He knows absolutely nothing. If Dan Kane comes out with something similar to what this idiot is saying, be worried.

No need for Dan Kane, we should now who was right and who was wrong shortly. I never claimed any insider info, only that I DID READ the reports and that I DID NOT base my opinions on the media (I've seen how they'll sensationalize to get clicks -- what's more shocking is how many people were hooked, after complaining how UK/Calipari is treated by the media). For example, the most clear violations in the Wainstein report revolve around Boxil (sp.). The media would write about these violations, post a picture of the men's bb team and never tell you that she was doing this for a former player woman's bb team. This gets passed along, like a game of telephone, and before you know it it's a "fact" that the men's bb team cheated.

I just love the part that says that UNC is "happy" to be charged with LOIC and for bball to not get hit too hard. You can't make this crap up!

When has ANY university ever been "happy" to have an LOIC charge? I think they clearly negotiated with the NCAA to protect bball and football. This was an obvious plea bargain, if it is true.

Reactions: .S&C.
One article does not clear UNC. This is a Carolina article, what side are they leaning. This is like Howie Lyndsay trying to say little Ricky didn't have sex on a table at Porchinis.

Reactions: .S&C. and behhpp
One article does not clear UNC. This is a Carolina article, what side are they leaning. This is like Howie Lyndsay trying to say little Ricky didn't have sex on a table at Porchinis.

I agree. In fact, most UNC fans don't even trust that Art has a "source". But the good news is that we should all know soon -- a reporter in that area said UNC has confirmed that they will discuss the NOA publically next week (so we should all see the NOA soon).

I don't give a damn what UNCHEAT*** says, or what the corrupt NCAA****, (I think they deserve asterisks now, btw), says, there is NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER that they CHEATED THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES OFF.

Screw the NCAA****, as others have said, the power 5 should set up their own organization.

I agree. In fact, most UNC fans don't even trust that Art has a "source". But the good news is that we should all know soon -- a reporter in that area said UNC has confirmed that they will discuss the NOA publically next week (so we should all see the NOA soon).

I have zero doubt that Art has the inside scoop. Coincidentally, it fits perfectly what you have said about what the NCAA would do. To me, that proves that you are Bradley B.

Besides, we all know that your persona on this board is an arrogant a-hole. That, according to my sources, is something you inherited.

Talking about the NCAA charging UNC with LOIC but basically clearing the bball program was a dead giveaway, dude. Nobody could have deduced that from the info we had.

You are too obvious, dude.

Reactions: .S&C.
No need for Dan Kane, we should now who was right and who was wrong shortly. I never claimed any insider info, only that I DID READ the reports and that I DID NOT base my opinions on the media (I've seen how they'll sensationalize to get clicks -- what's more shocking is how many people were hooked, after complaining how UK/Calipari is treated by the media). For example, the most clear violations in the Wainstein report revolve around Boxil (sp.). The media would write about these violations, post a picture of the men's bb team and never tell you that she was doing this for a former player woman's bb team. This gets passed along, like a game of telephone, and before you know it it's a "fact" that the men's bb team cheated.
Lost in your spin cycle is the fact that McCants was warned by Roy Williams that he was on the verge of failing only to have Roy reassure him they could "work something out". This was confirmed by McCants transcripts which he permitted ESPN to look at them. He then went from a failing grade to Deans List in the 2nd semester. Roy facilitated this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT