ADVERTISEMENT

*EDITED* NC State MUST VACATE wins but is allowed to play post season

A

anon_ce2llurbpkli4

Additional Penalties. Pursuant to Bylaw 19.9.7:
(1) Public reprimand and censure.
(2) Vacation of team and individual records.
Prospective student-athlete No. 1 competed while ineligible as a result of the impermissible inducements and/or benefits. Therefore, pursuant to Bylaws 19.9.7-(g) and 31.2.2.3, NC State shall vacate all regular season and conference tournament wins, records and participation in which prospective student-athlete No. 1 competed from the time he became ineligible through the time he was reinstated as eligible for competition (if applicable).

North Carolina State University – Case No. 00935 December 20, 2021
Page No. 58
_________
Further, if prospective student-athlete No. 1 participated in NCAA postseason competition at any time that he was ineligible, NC State’s participation in the postseason contests in which the ineligible competition occurred shall be vacated. The individual records of ineligible prospective student-athlete No.1 shall also be vacated. However, the individual finishes and any awards for all eligible student-athletes shall be retained. Further, NC State’s records regarding its men’s basketball program, as well as the records of its former head coach, shall reflect the vacated records and be recorded in all publications in which such records are reported, including, but not limited to, institutional media guides, recruiting material, electronic and digital media, plus institutional, conference and NCAA archives. Any institution that may subsequently hire the affected former head coach shall similarly reflect the vacated wins in his career records documented in media guides and other publications cited above. Head coaches with vacated wins on their records may not count the vacated wins toward specific honors or victory “milestones” such as 100th, 200th or 500th career victories. Any public reference to the vacated records shall be removed from the athletics department stationery, banners displayed in public areas and any other forum in which they may appear. Any trophies awarded by the NCAA in the affected sport program shall be returned to the Association.
Finally, to aid in accurately reflecting all institutional and student-athlete vacations, statistics and records in official NCAA publications and archives, the institution's media relations director (or other designee as assigned by the director of athletics) must contact the NCAA Media Coordination and Statistics office and appropriate conference officials to identify the specific student-athletes and contests impacted by the penalties. In addition, the institution must provide the NCAA Media Coordination and Statistics office with a written report detailing those discussions. This written report will be maintained in the permanent files of the NCAA Media Coordination and Statistics office. This written report must be delivered to the office no later than 14 days following the release of this decision. A copy of the written report shall also be delivered to the hearing operations staff at the same time.
INDEPENDENT RESOLUTION PANEL

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do the NCAA needs to disband.

Here is the proof the NCAA had on NC State. All I can say is be prepared when it comes to Kansas because they will skate..

In July 2019, NCAA Enforcement levied four charges against NC State and two of its former coaches, Gottfried and assistant Orlando Early. The key issue is the $40,000 payment, which originated with onetime Adidas bag man T.J. Gassnola.

Gassnola testified in one of the federal college basketball corruption trials that he flew to Raleigh, N.C., in November 2015 and gave the money to Early, who was supposed to pass it to Shawn Farmer, a trainer for Smith and intermediary between the family and NC State. NCAA Enforcement obtained phone records for the involved parties and noted consistent communication around the time of the transaction between Gassnola and Early. On Nov. 2, 2015, the day Gassnola said he delivered the money to Early’s house, Gassnola had a six-minute phone conversation with Gottfried.

NCAA Enforcement said Gassnola introduced Farmer to NC State coaches in February 2015. In the five months prior, Early had never called Farmer. From February to November 2015, Early and Farmer called each other 409 times.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t even remember what NC State did. There’s been so much dirty shit come out the last 8 years I can’t keep up.

The Adidas bagman admitted under oath in a federal court that he conspired with a coach to pay a recruit $40,000. The Independent Committee decided set a precedent with the NC State ruling. If they're not going to vacate wins and enforce postseason bans on a program who does that then the NCAA won't punish programs based on some telephone calls about potential pay-for-play, housing for families or any big ass offers to recruits.

Reactions: howercat
Everyone lay off NC State.
They DESPISE Dook + Carolina.
And will do what they can to destroy them.

The Enemy of our Enemy is our Friend.
We recruited Dennis Smith and CJ Leslie, both were allegedly paid to go to NC State.

They are cheaters so F them!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Imagine that more ACC favoritism. The way I see it there needs to be an impartial third party that come in and judge these schools in particular.

The Dukes and Carolinas get away with anything they want and same has gone for Syracuse as matter of fact. They got UofL emptying the septic tank but they deserve as much

Reactions: howercat
Not so fast on the Kansas will skate. Losing wins is pretty big. Could be on the table for them. I dont remember the time enough so I dont know if they played anyone or not that was involved.

Not so fast on the Kansas will skate. Losing wins is pretty big. Could be on the table for them. I dont remember the time enough so I dont know if they played anyone or not that was involved.
They played Silvio De Souza who was a subject of the investigation and he participated in the 2nd half of that season all the way through the Final Four when they lost to Villanova in the semi-fimals.

They played Silvio De Souza who was a subject of the investigation and he participated in the 2nd half of that season all the way through the Final Four when they lost to Villanova in the semi-fimals.

Now that you mention it I do recall that. So they should if they punish them like these other programs take those wins away. I wouldn't expect them to take the tournament away. I could also see them not taking games away and only taking a scholarship or two away for a couple/few years. I guess we will see...eventually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT