ADVERTISEMENT

UNC will not receive punishment from NCAA

Right ? He says they have never and will never evaluate "course quality ". Yet..., yet... they require a minimum GPA for college basketball athletes , and if they don't meet this - then they can be suspended from
Games etc ...

Looks like preacher's post sailed right over your head.

Ok Mr. Wizard, since you pointed it out yourself, let me highlight it for you.

"No one is arguing whether it was created to create an unfair advantage for athletes. That's a foregone conclusion."

That is the issue. It is impermissible to make classes like that. It was clear from Wainstein that the only reason these classes existed was to help athletes and that putting other students in the classes was meant to make it look legitimate. That is a violation. You just typed it. Do you think you can finally wrap your head around it? UNCheat is screwed.

Ok Mr. Oz hiding behind the curtain, let me point it out again for you for the third time.

I am just predicting what decision I think NCAA will make and the reasons for the decision.

Do I think they committed a major violation ... Yes!
Do I think they used a loop hole ... Yes!
Do I think UNC expected players to get angry and give details about 1 paragraph answers ... No!

But, DO I EXPECT NCAA to give serious sanctions to UNC ... NO!
Minor sanctions ... yes.

Have you always expected serious sanctions? If you have, then kudos for sticking to your guns. If you have expected UNC to get a slap on the wrist, then please explain to me why you expected this "slap on the wrist." I'm fine with a person disagreeing. I think people are weak debaters to say, "Nothing will happen to UNC in one post, then argue why they'll be punished in this post." Today's decision against UL may cause some people to change their minds, which is fine.

I expect NCAA to leave UL title banner hanging and to slap UNC on the wrist. So far, this belief has caused some to say, "Clueless, head in the sand, not a UK fan, closet UNC fan." Those who disagree and give logical reasons for their position make good points.

I'll wait for your response regarding what you have previously said the NCAA will do to UNC.

Ok Mr. Oz hiding behind the curtain, let me point it out again for you for the third time.

I am just predicting what decision I think NCAA will make and the reasons for the decision.

Do I think UNC expected players to get angry and give details about 1 paragraph answers ... No!

Minor sanctions ... yes.

Have you always expected serious sanctions? If you have, then kudos for sticking to your guns. If you have expected UNC to get a slap on the wrist, then please explain to me why you expected this "slap on the wrist." I'm fine with a person disagreeing. I think people are weak debaters to say, "Nothing will happen to UNC in one post, then argue why they'll be punished in this post." Today's decision against UL may cause some people to change their minds, which is fine.

I expect NCAA to leave UL title banner hanging and to slap UNC on the wrist. So far, this belief has caused some to say, "Clueless, head in the sand, not a UK fan, closet UNC fan." Those who disagree and give logical reasons for their position make good points.

I'll wait for your response regarding what you have previously said the NCAA will do to UNC.

You being so invested in this is a dead give away to your true feelings. Go love UNCheat on another board. We dont want to give any f**ks about how UNCheat might get off the hook. So dont bring that weak as sh*t here

All these years the "Carolina Way" turned out to be cars and weed with no class.

Tarholes have institutionalized cheating and should be shut the eff down for at least 5 years - either that or refund every single cent of tuition
paid by every student during that period as they masqueraded as a fraud to higher education.

Fry the baby blue phucks.

roy_knew_zpshjgquvqb.png

You don't seem to be able to grasp the topic at hand , is all I'm saying.

No hard feelings.

Don't want to sound like an a@@. But, I started the topic. Think I have a good grasp of the topic.

I don't have any problem with posters who have logical reasons why they expect NCAA to respond differently then I do. At the end of the day, I'll be happy if I'm wrong and you're correct. But, I won't be surprised if I'm correct and it sounds like you'll be surprised with anything other than severe sanctions.

Peace

Minor sanctions ... yes.

No, that isn't what you've been saying. You've been saying the NCAA has no grounds to punish UNCheat based on the classes. You are still wrong in that. Your opinion on what may happen is fine. Perhaps you should stick with that.

Minor sanctions ... yes.

People who say you're a UL fan or not a UK fan based on your opinion above are idiotic. Don't let them get to you

I may agree with your assessment on what will (or won't ) happen to UNC
But UL's banners are absolutely 100% coming down. It's plain as day to see

Reactions: bballcat4
Don't want to sound like an a@@. But, I started the topic. Think I have a good grasp of the topic.

I don't have any problem with posters who have logical reasons why they expect NCAA to respond differently then I do. At the end of the day, I'll be happy if I'm wrong and you're correct. But, I won't be surprised if I'm correct and it sounds like you'll be surprised with anything other than severe sanctions.

Peace

Def wasn't referring to you bud...

You being so invested in this is a dead give away to your true feelings. Go love UNCheat on another board. We dont want to give any f**ks about how UNCheat might get off the hook. So dont bring that weak as sh*t here

@Wildcat-in-STL Why am I a fan of another school because I expect NCAA to make a particular decision? How is this even about being a fan of any school?

Btw - I've spent more $ traveling to follow UK over the years than I care to calculate. I was riding in the car with Sam Bowie when I was in grade school. I've travelled just to listen to Cawood give a speech.

You're better than accusing someone of not being a fan because you disagree with them. It's simply a weak argument when you can't make a logical argument.

Share with us what you expect NCAA to do and why you think they'll do it. (Don't give us emotion.) Give us your logical reasons for why you think the NCAA will make their decision.

@Wildcat-in-STL Why am I a fan of another school because I expect NCAA to make a particular decision? How is this even about being a fan of any school?

Btw - I've spent more $ traveling to follow UK over the years than I care to calculate. I was riding in the car with Sam Bowie when I was in grade school. I've travelled just to listen to Cawood give a speech.

You're better than accusing someone of not being a fan because you disagree with them. It's simply a weak argument when you can't make a logical argument.

Share with us what you expect NCAA to do and why you think they'll do it. (Don't give us emotion.) Give us your logical reasons for why you think the NCAA will make their decision.

I dont know what to expect. I want the Men's basketball team to get rightfully punished along with other sports but I have no faith in the world of corrupt azz hats.

As far as why you seem like a UNCheat fan is do to psychology ... 1 you said it matter of factly and proudly that UNCheat will get off the hook. 2. you dont sound like someone fretting UNCheat getting off the hook. and 3. You are getting your Ram Horns in a frazzle over people arguing that UNCheat has to be punished.

Sorry meant 2 although he would have played Anderson in 97 he would have but he did take 3 different teams to the final four and thanks for missing the entire point which was the comparison in resumes of he and Roy and how it was gonna be hard to punish one and not the other but being I have been on this site from the beginning and I have never seen your name on here or not even enough to recall it. I'm guessing troll who either just got it up the butt from the NCAA or is about to

@Wildcat-in-STL - I'm still waiting to hear why you expect NCAA to severely sanction UNC. While waiting, I did a 30 sec search and found where you agree that you also don't expect NCAA to do much to UNC. You recently posted ...

The difference between UL and UNCheat is ESPN's head honcho John Skipper.

ESPN has a habit of using its money to control sports. Dont believe me? Go read up on former ESPN employees who have hinted or just out right called ESPN out for its bull crap.
Maybe, I'm misunderstanding your intent, but it sounds to me like you don't expect NCAA to punish UNC. (You've actually posted about this topic quite a bit.) You must be a UNC fan ;-)

Still waiting to hear why you've changed you mind and why you now expect NCAA to drop hammer on UNC.

@Wildcat-in-STL - I'm still waiting to hear why you expect NCAA to severely sanction UNC. While waiting, I did a 30 sec search and found where you agree that you also don't expect NCAA to do much to UNC. You recently posted ...

ESPN has a habit of using its money to control sports. Dont believe me? Go read up on former ESPN employees who have hinted or just out right called ESPN out for its bull crap.
Maybe, I'm misunderstanding your intent, but it sounds to me like you don't expect NCAA to punish UNC. (You've actually posted about this topic quite a bit.) You must be a UNC fan ;-)

Still waiting to hear why you've changed you mind and why you now expect NCAA to drop hammer on UNC.
Not to speak for the guy but just like me I didn't expect the NCAA to hammer UL and based on the punishment and severity and the much more sever crime of academic fraud and in light of how arrogant towards the NCAA UNC has been I fully expect. The hammer to fall just as hard now. So as circumstances change so do opinions

I see, you are going the troll route now aren't you. good luck buttercup . But I'm putting your rear on ignore now and skipping all of your dodge and deflect tactics to come

No, that isn't what you've been saying. You've been saying the NCAA has no grounds to punish UNCheat based on the classes. You are still wrong in that. Your opinion on what may happen is fine. Perhaps you should stick with that.

Sorry dude, you're wrong. I've simply stated why I expect NCAA to give UNC a slap on the wrist.

Still waiting for you to tell us what you expect NCAA to do and the logic behind your thoughts.

I may disagree, but wont call you "clueless" if I disagree. Just curious to hear your prediction.

I see, you are going the troll route now aren't you. good luck buttercup . But I'm putting your rear on ignore now and skipping all of your dodge and deflect tactics to come

How am I deflecting your question? I've stated what decision I expect NCAA to make and why I expect them to make it. Don't ignore someone that does 30 seconds of research to see what someone has written about a topic. That makes you look like you can't participate in a debate if name calling gets thrown out and you have to use logic.

I've given my prediction and why I expect it. What's your prediction? And Why?

But for the record.. if you put a gun to my head... I expect UNC to get hit by the NCAA and then fight it in a legal battle for years and years until the NCAA members have all changed over and it finally fades away.

And thats only expected because my cousin, a Rams Club member said thats what they were told to expect from the higher ups.

But for the record.. if you put a gun to my head... I expect UNC to get hit by the NCAA and then fight it in a legal battle for years and years until the NCAA members have all changed over and it finally fades away.

And thats only expected because my cousin, a Rams Club member said thats what they were told to expect from the higher ups.

As stated in numerous posts above, I will have a smile on my face if you are correct and I am wrong.

Many UK fans are licking their chops this afternoon after NCAA dropped the hammer on UL. NCAA is now viewed by many as Wyatt Earp. The Cardinals and Tarheels are the evil Outlaws. A dream for many UK fans is to hear NCAA say to both programs, "Tell them I'm coming after them, and hell is coming with me."

Well, I'm guessing the group from Indy will blow some smoke at UNC, but it'll be nothing more than Earp blowing threatening smoke at the poker table. Here's why I think it happens this way.

1. NCAA cannot decide if a class offered by UNC is valid. That's an accreditation and school issue.
2. Everyone and their mother (including UNC athletics) knows why the program existed. Having an entire program designed that your typical 2nd grader can pass is not a problem as long as the school made classes available to other students.
3. NCAA can't punish an academic program for athletes taking classes that the university approved. Other schools know that a sham was created. But, they'll not stand by if NCAA tries to step into "what schools should and should not teach." No one wants the Indy group to have that much authority.
4. They'll be more punishment for a teacher/asst coach doing someone's homework or test than for all the athletes that participated in the classes.

Was it a sham? Absolutely! Will NCAA punish them for it? Don't think they have the legal reach to do so.

Here's more bad news for those who want to see the NCAA continue chasing the programs we label as "Outlaws" (I'm glad no one views our program or coach in this way ;-) ... I don't think the UL 2013 banner comes down. UL will appeal. NCAA has never taken down a title banner. FinalFour banner will come down, but title banner will stay up.

These are just projections. Some (ones who thought Higgins deserved to be harassed and threatened) will interpret this post as anti-UK. I didn't say I wouldn't have a slight smile if all the banners come down. I just doubt anything of significance happens to UNC and that UL title banner comes down.
You are FOS. We are not talking about easy classes, this is about non-existent classes.

You are FOS. We are not talking about easy classes, this is about non-existent classes.

Easy classes or non-existent classes ... it will be interesting to see what happens to UNC.

I don't expect for UNC to get more than a slap on the wrist.

Some have equated my prediction and the reasons I gave for my prediction as thinking UNC is innocent. Nothing could be further from the truth.

No offense, but just because you started the topic doesn't mean you have a grasp on it.

Feel free to share your expertise on the topic.

Couple questions (I'm not trying to bait)

What do you think NCAA will do and why they'll do it?

Has this always been your position? Some people have changed their opinion beacause of today's announcement. No problem with change of mind. Today's announcement makes me think twice about NCAA decision. I still expect minor sanctions due to reasons I listed in OP.

Ohh. Perhaps. I'm still "new" so to speak. So... this guy is a UNC fan? With different accounts ? (Honest question)

Don't think @preacherfan is referring to me. I read some of the previous posts about UNC but have never posted my predictions.

As far as playing laser tag and standing in the middle ... I've clearly communicated why I don't expect UNC to receive more than a slap on the wrist. So, I don't think I could be more clear of what I expect to happen and why. @preacherfan can correct me if he indeed was referring to me.

Now, some who expect a different outcome than I do have equated my thoughts as being something I hope happens, which is incorrect.

Patton once said to his younger officers, "If you believe something, then state it as fact. Never tell me you believe anything. If it's later determined you were wrong then clearly state, 'I was wrong.'"

I will come back and say I was wrong if UNC gets severe sanctions. Today, I don't expect it happen.

My prediction is not the same as what should happen.

Peace
Would be fun to see them bring a flame thrower in and set the banner on fire where it hangs, just to make a point.

My first thought was Wyatt Earp's quote to one of the Cowboys. "Tell them I'm coming and hell is coming with me."

This may be the year NCAA goes from never removing a title banner to removing 2 title banners.

Feel free to share your expertise on the topic.

Couple questions (I'm not trying to bait)

What do you think NCAA will do and why they'll do it?

Has this always been your position? Some people have changed their opinion beacause of today's announcement. No problem with change of mind. Today's announcement makes me think twice about NCAA decision. I still expect minor sanctions due to reasons I listed in OP.

The NCAA is going to hammer UNC. They will show that easy/fake classes made specifically for student athletes is a violation of epic proportions. It's a mockery of academics, especially when the NCAA is trying to push the term 'student athlete' down everyone's throats in almost every one of its ads on television and otherwise. The NCAA puts itself on the line for having pushed that term and it will have to uphold its marketing standards through hammering UNC to make sure people know they are serious about it.

Beyond the NCAA, you have multiple professors complaining about the classes at UNC (some former), SACS accrediting committee, who is comprised of other faculty from various universities given the task year-in/year-out to judge whether a school is worthy to be accredited based on their academic standards, taking an issue with UNC, as well as former players stepping up to confirm what most of us think. There is so much evidence from players, faculty and accrediting committees that you can't ignore the mixture and the crossover between athletes and academics.

On top of this, UNC has spent $16 million dollars on PR spinning to keep it secret from the world, so that should also tell you something.

The hammer will drop on UNC and it will drop harder than it did on UL. If you think otherwise, then you're truly rooting for the wrong team.

So that people can ignore posters like bballcat, here's what the NCAA case is about.

The NCAA has two issues with the classes, neither of which have to do with whether they were easy or not.

Allegation #1 on pages 2 and 3 lays out these issues which are:
  1. AFAM delegated management of key aspects of these courses to athletics counselors when athletes were involved (see B.1.a in the NOA)
  2. AFAM worked with athletics counselors to make special arrangements for athletes that were not also available to general students (see B.1.b in the NOA)
Those are the issues. It has nothing to do with course quality. This is also why UNC fired the counselors.

Anyone who argues that this is about the NCAA evaluating easy courses simply has no clue what they are talking about.

So that people can ignore posters like bballcat, here's what the NCAA case is about.

The NCAA has two issues with the classes, neither of which have to do with whether they were easy or not.

Allegation #1 on pages 2 and 3 lays out these issues which are:
  1. AFAM delegated management of key aspects of these courses to athletics counselors when athletes were involved (see B.1.a in the NOA)
  2. AFAM worked with athletics counselors to make special arrangements for athletes that were not also available to general students (see B.1.b in the NOA)
Those are the issues. It has nothing to do with course quality. This is also why UNC fired the counselors.

Anyone who argues that this is about the NCAA evaluating easy courses simply has no clue what they are talking about.

@UKnCincy - Anyone who's read the NOA knows what's listed. Again, I think it's a foregone conclusion these allegations are accurate.

The reasons I've stated for my prediction doesn't have anything to do with the $ UNC has spent to put a "Spin" on their predicament. Nor have I bought into their

@nssdigitalchumps gave logical reasons why he expects NCAA to give severe sanctions. (I agree with him why they SHOULD do it, but have given my reasons why I DON'T EXPECT THEY WILL do it.

Did tennis and golf players receive ineligible benefits for taking these classes. (I have no clue what athletes outside of the major sports took classes or made this their major.)

Here's the real kicker and why I think other schools will support UNC. "Did non-athletes who majored in AFAM receive a real degree that the school is standing behind? Did non-athletes who attended these classes ("Attend" may be too strong of a word, but you get my point ;-) receive credit towards graduation?" If the answer is "yes" then how can NCAA legally say athletes received ineligible benefits?

Everyone knows the classes were a sham. (Reality will not be the issue.) If Program/Classes are deemed improper benefit by NCAA then it opens up a huge can of worms and a slew of lawsuits. Imagine getting a letter today that your college degree is deeemed to be a farce. I don't expect other schools to allow it to happen.

My prediction is NCAA makes some threats and will punish the other violations as severely as possible. If so, banners will stay up and Ole Roy may sit for a few games.

@UKnCincy - Anyone who's read the NOA knows what's listed. Again, I think it's a foregone conclusion these allegations are accurate.

The reasons I've stated for my prediction doesn't have anything to do with the $ UNC has spent to put a "Spin" on their predicament. Nor have I bought into their

@nssdigitalchumps gave logical reasons why he expects NCAA to give severe sanctions. (I agree with him why they SHOULD do it, but have given my reasons why I DON'T EXPECT THEY WILL do it.

Did tennis and golf players receive ineligible benefits for taking these classes. (I have no clue what athletes outside of the major sports took classes or made this their major.)

Here's the real kicker and why I think other schools will support UNC. "Did non-athletes who majored in AFAM receive a real degree that the school is standing behind? Did non-athletes who attended these classes ("Attend" may be too strong of a word, but you get my point ;-) receive credit towards graduation?" If the answer is "yes" then how can NCAA legally say athletes received ineligible benefits?

Everyone knows the classes were a sham. (Reality will not be the issue.) If Program/Classes are deemed improper benefit by NCAA then it opens up a huge can of worms and a slew of lawsuits. Imagine getting a letter today that your college degree is deeemed to be a farce. I don't expect other schools to allow it to happen.

My prediction is NCAA makes some threats and will punish the other violations as severely as possible. If so, banners will stay up and Ole Roy may sit for a few games.

There is no such thing as "ineligible benefits." There are benefits, impermissible benefits and extra benefits. This issue is clearly beyond your ken.

Not surprisingly, your questions are irrelevant. This has nothing to do with credit.

Was a general student able to request that Crowder add a course to the bulletin so that they take a course that semester? The answer is no. However, athletes could. That makes this an extra benefit that impacts eligibility. The AFAM courses could've all been legitimate and UNC would still have violations.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT