53b2 Mitchell DalyR.375
6rf34 Lukas SchrammR.286
7cf19 Nolan McCarthyR.240
8c52 Austin FawleyR.000
9ss12 Grant SmithR.280
10p26 Drew LaffertyR
Big fan of Pitre in the 2 spot

Reactions: Basil Cat
I'd be interested to learn how the tandem radio commentary came to fruition. Used to be Price solo. Now home games are often with Flynn or Madison co-hosting with Headrick.

4-0 Evan Hart a freshman from Harrodsburg comes in and gets a good strike out then appears to try to overpitch and gives up a walk and a single. Two outs in the 8th. Pretty bad when they bring in a rightfielder to replace you.

Last edited:
James (I'm a pitcher or rightfielder, not a doctor) McCoy comes in and goes right at the hitter and gets the out. Darn, I forgot about the solo HR so it is 5-0 heading into the bottom of the 8th. That HR was Hawley's first hit as a Cat was in the 6th inning.

Not like the other two appearances, Hummel is having control issues. Two outs and runners at the corners and he's having trouble throwing strikes, everything low. Finally gets a popup to Grant Smith to end it.

I'd be interested to learn how the tandem radio commentary came to fruition. Used to be Price solo. Now home games are often with Flynn or Madison co-hosting with Headrick.
Headrick is the absolute worst. Each game he gives us a lesson on small towns in Tennessee. Listening to a game from him you would never know it was a UK broadcast. Today we had two pitchers making their UK debut and he barely mentioned them, he was too busy talking about Carson-Newman and Mossy Creek and the history of zero.

Headrick is the absolute worst. Each game he gives us a lesson on small towns in Tennessee. Listening to a game from him you would never know it was a UK broadcast. Today we had two pitchers making their UK debut and he barely mentioned them, he was too busy talking about Carson-Newman and Mossy Creek and the history of zero.

To be fair, I didn't ask in criticism. I just was curious how the change came about. Headrick has an MiLB background and I think that shines through a lot. I think it's extremely hard to replace Price, who might be one of the sole reasons I became such a huge UK baseball fan. I loved baseball already but he was my only access to UK baseball almost two decades ago and I adored listening to him call games. I don't hate Headrick. He's not bad, but it is definitely a different style from Price.

Disagree, I like him. I could do without some of the small town Tennessee stuff too, but he knows baseball, is willing to criticize the umpires, and is critical of our own team and coaching staff when they earn it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT