ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Baseball 2024

Which JUCO? Unless the rule has been changed, he'll be draft eligible after his freshman year of JUCO.

It is my understanding that you have to have 2 years of JUCO to be draft eligible. That is, unless you age qualify. I could be incorrect though.

Reactions: Crazycat68
Do Freshmen that don’t play count toward roster size?

How many players can you have on a roster and how does it work?

Can someone who has the time break it down for us?

Do Freshmen that don’t play count toward roster size?

How many players can you have on a roster and how does it work?

Can someone who has the time break it down for us?

Correct. You can only have 40 active. Redshirts don't count against that 40. I believe road trips in the SEC also have a smaller number that a team can take with them.

Planning on driving up to the scrimmage on Sunday. Does anyone have a link to the roster with numbers? Thanks

Planning on driving up to the scrimmage on Sunday. Does anyone have a link to the roster with numbers? Thanks
The Baseball website only lists the returning players currently.

I went to this scrimmage last year against Xavier at Prasco and it was great. The field / stadium is awesome and everything was free. Yes free.

Very great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: Bullpencat
I had a family situation that came up Saturday afternoon so I was unable to attend.

From social media it appears that UK "won" the first seven innings 8-7 and the second seven innings 17-4. After 14 innings the score was 25-11.

I could find nothing on the pitching but offensively McCoy had two home runs while Hindle, Burks and Nicholson all went deep also.

Reactions: parrott
I had a family situation that came up Saturday afternoon so I was unable to attend.

From social media it appears that UK "won" the first seven innings 8-7 and the second seven innings 17-4. After 14 innings the score was 25-11.

I could find nothing on the pitching but offensively McCoy had two home runs while Hindle, Burks and Nicholson all went deep also.
Sounds as though Mason Moore had a really, really rough day but otherwise the pitching was strong.

Hearing anything on who some standouts may have been?
I was there up until the 6th as it started to get windy and colder.

The lineup was the following:
Pitre 2B
McCoy RF
Burkes C
Lopez DH
McCarthy LF
Nicholson 1B
Crittenburger CF
Daley SS
Hindle 3B
Moore started

Overall I would say it was a bit sloppy.
Moore struggled with control walking quite a few also giving up a HR, 4 runs, he threw alot of pitches. Maxed out at about 89 mph. He threw 2 innings.

Frieda was up next and pitched 3 innings. He struggled a bit as well but did get out of a jam.
Nova was up next.

In the beginning we didn't have any offense. The only offense I saw were solid singles by Pitre and Lopez and a HR by the freshman Hindle.

Defensively we were a bit sloppy with 2 errors but Hindle made a very nice diving snag towards 2nd and threw the runner out at first. Very impressed with Hindle.

Not sure if you can take much away from this as the weather was chilly and its fall ball.
If they do this again next year I would recommend it for free baseball and free food. (Skyline, soft drinks etc.) Very nice gesture by Prasco to do this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT