ADVERTISEMENT

*** Summer league Cats ***

Nolan McCarthy's stat page hasn't been updated yet from yesterday's game, but the Lincoln Potters of the CCL tweeted that he homered in the 9th inning. He's recorded at least one hit in his first three games with Lincoln.

Reactions: parrott

Applegate went 3-3 today with two doubles. He also had one hit and two walks yesterday, so he's yet to make an out through two games. I feel like he's been slept on a little bit and still think he's someone who can force his way into things this fall.

Mr Terry, greatly appreciate the time/work you're putting in to update these summer stats/highlights! Thanks.

I'd guess that was the plan for him considering how well he threw up there.

Yeah, don't know the why, but he had 4 starts and had an ERA under 2.00 on the best team in the Cape. Have to imagine that it probably wasn't Cotuit wanting him out.

Bosma was released by Cotuit.
Yeah, that was the plan from the start - he was on a temp contract there and was going to just pitch through June. He was supposed to play at Cotuit after his sophomore year but covid cancelled the season. They weren't planning on having him pitch this summer because of the high workload of a weekend guy in the SEC, but since he was hurt for such a significant part of the year, they decided he could go for a bit this summer. His ERA there should be lower. I watched his last start - he gave up a HR as the first run, but the 2nd run was an error he made fielding a bunt (runner would have reached but he made a bad glove flip trying to get him.) So, that put runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs. He got a strike out, and then the catcher tried to back pick at 3rd and threw it into LF so the runner scored. Then ground out and fly out. So... no idea how he got charged an earned run for that run.

ADVERTISEMENT