ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs GT Bowl game predictions

screwduke1

All-American
Jul 29, 2016
I'll say UK 42 GT 28. I feel like UKs offense puts on a clinic for most of the game, and scoring a late TD that will seal it.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
38 - 31 Cats. Only because I think GT defense is suspect. I am concerned about their offense because of our past history with running QB's But we hung on against UL so I think we can pull this out.
I was going to pick this score but Sawnee beat me to it so I'll go with 37-30 UK.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm hoping UK doesn't have a Vandy-type hangover. Vandy was happy with their win over UT and came out with a "just glad to be here" attitude vs NC St instead of a "in it to win it" attitude. Vandy was unfocused and unmotivated, let's hope UK doesn't repeat that mistake coming off the big UL win.

If you really take a good look at Ga Tech's defensive stats you'll find them to be dead last in the ACC in sacks, tackles for loss and opponents third down conversions [at over 50%!].

So despite being a smaller defense, they also don't get in your backfield much . They basically try to play sound and stay in front of you.

That is a bad recipe against UK and Gran. He's not a cowboy and will merrily take what the defense gives him all day long. He'll employ the same strategy he has for the last month. Pound you until you put eight in the box then throw over you. He has zero problems with taking 4 or 5 yards a play all the way downfield if you play straight up.

JMO but unless the UK defense gives up at least half a dozen explosive plays the UK offensive line will grind them into dust by the fourth quarter.

UK 45
Ga Tech 31

This is a huge game. A win gets the momentum going into next season. I'm talking dump truck going down a mountain momentum. A loss would just put a nasty taste in our mouths for a whole off-season.

We better beat down Southern Miss next year. Rush for 500 yards.

Cats 34 GTech 20

Like the Cats to really get the offense rolling and end the year on a huge high note! GO BIG BLUE!!!

A see a high scoring affair, but I think we may be more vulnerable to mental errors or mistakes. GaTech has one advantage over UK, they usually go to a bowl every year so they have experience in handling the extra practices, the travel, time spent at the host venue, and game day prep which is all new to Kentucky.

Kentucky: 38
GaTech: 45

A see a high scoring affair, but I think we may be more vulnerable to mental errors or mistakes. GaTech has one advantage over UK, they usually go to a bowl every year so they have experience in handling the extra practices, the travel, time spent at the host venue, and game day prep which is all new to Kentucky.

Kentucky: 38
GaTech: 45

Goodness, are you the only one predicting a GT win? Earlier in the year we would have had a dozen trolls on here predicting a GT blowout, but I know you aren't a troll.

I think the score will not be over the low thirties because both will run the ball a lot.

42-21 Cats.

Too many big plays for us and Stoops and co have shut down the triple option multiple times before at FSU.

Heart says UK by five.

Head says Georgia Tech by a TD.

Kentuckys defense is weakest against what Tech is strongest at. AND the depth on defense still isn't there.

Hope I'm wrong, but leaning towards a tech win.

42-21 Cats.

Too many big plays for us and Stoops and co have shut down the triple option multiple times before at FSU.

^^^???
To my knowledge Stoops has only faced GA Tech once, at FSU in 2012. They won and limited us pretty well but we were a very flawed team that year finishing 7-6 after the bowl win. Not much resemblance to this years team. If he was at FSU when we played in 2008, 09, or 14 we won two of those and torched their D each time.

^^^???
To my knowledge Stoops has only faced GA Tech once, at FSU in 2012. They won and limited us pretty well but we were a very flawed team that year finishing 7-6 after the bowl win. Not much resemblance to this years team. If he was at FSU when we played in 2008, 09, or 14 we won two of those and torched their D each time.

First warning, no fair using facts (assuming they are) in your arguments, you might get banned.

Wait a minute, FSU won in 2012 and limited you in Stoops one year, but you finished 7-6 AFTER the bowl win. You are confusing me as much as some of our posters.

LOL

It's been a long time since our last bowl appearance.
Just like our first Music City bowl that UK was so hungry to play in.
It was just another bowl to Clemson.

I think that hunger makes up for the point spread.
The defense may play better than expected, just as they did against UL.

UK 24
GT 16

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT