ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ South Carolina - Game 3

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
I got no audio. Watching the SEC network. Would much rather listen to Neil Price but the UKAthletics site just says there is some type of error.

USC starting John Parke who only has 10.2 innings this season. Of course, we did nothing in the top half of the 1st. 18 pitches on Parke is about the best thing we did. Reks did get a single but everyone else popped up.

Mahan gives up an error to get the 2nd batter two second base. Not only did we not get the out, we give up an additional base with Cortez up.

Just shoddy play. Great pitch by Lewis got exactly what we wanted but can't make the defensive play.

OK, Mahan makes up for his blunder with an absolutely outstanding defensive play to get the third out and save a run.

2nd time around, they have seen enough of Parke. I think that shows how much film work they do. Didn't have much on Parke so had to see him the first time around. Looks like someone saw something as Pompey and White had seen enough.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Good inning for UK. HBP, followed by perfectly executed sacrifice bunt, Pompey Hit, and then 2 run bomb by white.

Destino and Williams seemed to be the starters but they've been replaced by Jones and Grosvenor who have hardly played. Same thing with Cullen and Hogan. Has anyone heard why?

Got Parke out of the game gut he gave them more than they should have gotten. The good part is we got 4 runs. Reed Scott has pitched a lot more innings this season. A bit lower ERA, has hit four batters in 33 innings. I bet we help him out there.

I have never seen a series that I recall, where there have been so many bad hops, mostly against us, the USC infield seems to not be really smooth, which is very surprising to me.
Glad our new stadium will have the newest and best in sports turf, no bad hops on divots or scuffed places.

Boy are we aggressive. Pompey out at the plate, trying to score from first on a fairly routine single.

South Carolina has one more player on the bench that doesn't have a hit this year, Flint. If they bring him in, we are in trouble. Jones and Grosvenor both have their first hits of the season against us.

Cortez double drives Lewis out. Not good but he really didn't seem to be able to hit his spots

Letting their defensive momentum turn into runs. Need to get out of this one without giving up the lead.

Jesus, there is a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. Their right fielder has a cannon. We're not going to score from second with a single into shallow right. Now have been thrown out at the plate twice.

Another momentum swing.
So frustrating as we're the better team USC just playing on all momentum right now

What in the heck. This team must already have a record for the number of outs made at the plate. I'm just following on my phone and not seeing these plays. Are our runners out by a mile or have they at least been close plays?

What in the heck. This team must already have a record for the number of outs made at the plate. I'm just following on my phone and not seeing these plays. Are our runners out by a mile or have they at least been close plays?

Close plays.

One was close, the other shouldn't have even been reviewed. Bad move by Fanning coaching 3rd, even with 2 outs.

We have a pretty favorable part of the line up coming to the plate. Need to take advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT