ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ South Carolina - Game 3

Can't really say enough about the season Heady is having. Was not obvious given his career so far. Lead-off walk is just what we need.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Ugh, this game is a nightmare. Heady with Leadoff walk, and then Pompey strikes out, Evan flies out, and Reks laces one straight at the first baseman but it's caught.

Florida has already won. We lose this and we'll have the same record.

Geez, South Carolina manager is desperate, accuses Salow of having foreign substance on his hat to try and halt his momentum. Didn't work, jerk!

Salow isn't as sharp as he's ever been, but he's dealing in strikeouts. 7 in a row

Bottom of the lineup is doing pretty well today. Scored a run and putting more strain on Johnson's arm.

Almost 40 pitches that inning. Johnson surely won't come back for the 9th. Hope Salow remains strong.

Wow, thought that one was gone. Helluva catch by Reks. Salow has been an absolute stud today, but he knows he got away with one there LOL

Wow, thought that one was gone. Helluva catch by Reks. Salow has been an absolute stud today, but he knows he got away with one there LOL

That was huge to catch that. Makes it possible for Salow to close this out.

This will be one of the most satisfying wins of the season if we are able to hold on to this 5-run lead. Frustrating all day, but our guys hung in there.

HUGE series win. I was hoping for 2 out of 3 and they pulled it off. Now let's take care of business over the next two weeks to give us some cushion heading to Florida.

HUGE series win. I was hoping for 2 out of 3 and they pulled it off. Now let's take care of business over the next two weeks to give us some cushion heading to Florida.

It's hard to win on the road, and USC put up a heck of a fight after losing 19-1 on Friday. Huge series win. Now just hope that Pop is all right.

Reactions: irishcat1965
This series win definitely puts us in contention for a Top 8 seed. We need to sweep Tennessee or Georgia and go 2-1 against the other. Or sweep both would be even better!

But 5-1 in those 6 and as long as we don't get swept the last weekend in Gainesville, I think we're a national seed considering how high our RPI is.

This series win definitely puts us in contention for a Top 8 seed. We need to sweep Tennessee or Georgia and go 2-1 against the other. Or sweep both would be even better!

But 5-1 in those 6 and as long as we don't get swept the last weekend in Gainesville, I think we're a national seed considering how high our RPI is.
A great big attaboy to the baseball team. Its great to be finally getting some coaching after the dismal effort the last few years.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Help me out here. We scored 26 earned runs over the 3 games this weekend but USC only played 26 innings since they won the second game. So did we hit USC's pitching for 9 ERA? Wow....

Help me out here. We scored 26 earned runs over the 3 games this weekend but USC only played 26 innings since they won the second game. So did we hit USC's pitching for 9 ERA? Wow....

I'm terrible at math, but I have us scoring 24 earned runs over 27 innings. So that would make it 8.00. Pretty epic

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I'm terrible at math, but I have us scoring 24 earned runs over 27 innings. So that would make it 8.00. Pretty epic
16 out of 19 were earned runs Friday.
1 out of 1 were earned Saturday
9 out of 9 were earned Sunday
Kinda looks like 26 to me. ;-)

16 out of 19 were earned runs Friday.
1 out of 1 were earned Saturday
9 out of 9 were earned Sunday
Kinda looks like 26 to me. ;-)

The UK stats page lists 7 of 9 as earned. Only 1 earned on Johnson instead of 3. I think that's the bad hop on second that helped us plate two runs. Maybe UK scored it an error?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT