ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
So South Carolina is interesting.

We just played arguably the largest human being in the SEC last night in Russell Tchewa (7'1, 275 pounds), who was a transfer from South Florida.

South Carolina's best big man is also a transfer from South Florida (and Wofford), but is only 6'7 and is pretty slow.

South Carolina does not have much size down low, they are arguably the smallest team in the conference.

We should have a considerable size advantage down low.

The question is, how much will Meechie Johnson drop on us.

2014 South Carolina Cal getting run and team taking a loss was in this one. When one of the Harrison twins proclaimed "We know what we can do it be a great story"....god I hate that damn bird screeching.

I don’t care what the matchups are or who’s who, if we can’t beat South Carolina we are not winning anything this year. You have to beat teams you are better than even on the road.

Ah good to know, that's interesting!

I guess the following teams are not winning the championship this year then, I'll let them know.

Purdue (lost @ Nebraska and @ Northwestern)
UCONN (lost to Seton Hall)
Kansas (Lost to UCF & WVU)
Duke (Lost to Ga Tech & Pitt)
Houston (lost to 2 unranked teams on the road back to back)

Come to think of it- I guess NOBODY is winning the championship this year- turns out every team in America has lost to a team that is worse than them on the road.

Damn, cancel the tournament.

Last edited:
Some of Cal's best teams have lost at South Carolina this place has been a house of horrors for us.

2010, 2014, 2018, 2020 all losses at South Carolina.
I remember watching this game as an undergrad in the student center. A couple of random students were watching with me and couldn't believe Kentucky lost.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don’t care what the matchups are or who’s who, if we can’t beat South Carolina we are not winning anything this year. You have to beat teams you are better than even on the road.
Yeah, that really isn’t the case. Never really understood that line of thinking. Especially regarding SEC road games. So, you must think UK has no chance to win the SEC or the national championship because UNC-W beat us at home?

South Carolina's best 3 point shooter Myles Stute won't be playing as he dislocated his shoulder and is gonna be out for about 3 weeks so that should help. Like always happens though look for the guy who has barely made any all season to have 4 or 5.
Nice to know he’s out.

South Carolina's best 3 point shooter Myles Stute won't be playing as he dislocated his shoulder and is gonna be out for about 3 weeks so that should help. Like always happens though look for the guy who has barely made any all season to have 4 or 5.

3 weeks? Sounds like he hurt his back more than hurting his shoulder.

Reactions: gharding07
Somewhat nice to finally play a team that isn't really big- Florida, Miss State, Georgia and Texas A&M all had big, talented/dynamic big men with great size.

This will be different for sure- can we take advantage with Z/Bradshaw/Ugo and Mitchell?

BJ Mack is a big load inside. He’s their best player.

Wow thats massive

They don't shoot the ball well. 43% fg and 33% from 3. Of course we know how that goes when Kentucky comes to town lol
Usually, it goes like this.....oh <insert player name> hasn't hit a 3 in 30 years but tonight they are 10 for 10 from the 3 point line.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
I am guessing Kentucky will open as a 5 point favorite at South Carolina based off KenPom ratings.
Kentucky is +21
South Carolina is +12
Factor 4 pts for home court.

Reactions: Smashcat
Ah good to know, that's interesting!

I guess the following teams are not winning the championship this year then, I'll let them know.

Purdue (lost @ Nebraska and @ Northwestern)
UCONN (lost to Seton Hall)
Kansas (Lost to WVU)
Duke (Lost to Ga Tech)
Houston (lost to 2 unranked teams on the road back to back)

Come to think of it- I guess NOBODY is winning the championship this year- turns out every team in America has lost to a team that is worse than them on the road.

Damn, cancel the tournament.
I agree with the posters opinion mainly because you are correct in your opinion as well; difference is we, UK has already had our bad loss and good teams don't usually crap the bed for a 2nd time in games like this one.
We should beat them; could we lose, most definite but it would hurt us a lot more then them losing to UK.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Look for his replacement to have a big debut...

I am really interested in seeing how this team plays on the road at South Carolina. In the past years recently I have hated road games because they are so tough to win but I am actually looking forward to these back to back road games at South Carolina and at Arkansas to see what this team is made of.

These are tough games but games we should win. That doesn't mean we will win but these are the kind of games you still what your team is made of. I am eager to see this team on the road after that tough A&M loss.

Somewhat nice to finally play a team that isn't really big- Florida, Miss State, Georgia and Texas A&M all had big, talented/dynamic big men with great size.

This will be different for sure- can we take advantage with Z/Bradshaw/Ugo and Mitchell?

I think at least one of our big 3 will have USCjrs number in the paint, and that will be the one who gets minutes in the 2nd half. Could be Ugos blocking ability. It could be BigZ having no one be able to stop him.

My it's blind hope. But I'm thinking this sizing mismatch, and not just our centers, could be a factor in a nice comfortable win. I would have Dilly just shadow/spy their best offensive guard, whoever that is. He can pick up fouls. Whatever. If he gets into foul trouble, the damage will be done and another guard can take over.

Let's take advantage of our size here. We should be able to win the rebounding battle with ease. We don't have to be great defensively (I don't expect us to anyways, this soon).. but get the rebounds and limit 2nd chance points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT