ADVERTISEMENT

UK reaches out to Cam Spencer

Could he be a backup for Reeves, not a replacement? Or is he too good to accept that limited role?

Could he be a backup for Reeves, not a replacement? Or is he too good to accept that limited role?
I think he could provide instant offense off the bench. The question is if he'd take less minutes (averaged 37mpg as a junior and 32mpg as a senior) to play at UK.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If reeves is leaning towards leaving, then to me he is the replacement and could be the starter and bring dillingham off the bench, but memanboy says no so who knows

We all are waiting for Cal to announce that the roster is set for the upcoming season. Then the following statement from Cal.. we recruit the best and only the best, this time it's only 6 players. LETS GO FAMILY

Reactions: Fox2monk
Quality depth. Would be a 5th year Senior combo guard. Averaged 18.9 ppg his Junior year before transferring to Rutgers. Career 40% (over 4 years) from behind the arc.

Thanks to Cal's rebranding of the program almost every player that comes here has one foot out the door before they even get here. That now includes not only 5 star prospects but transfers and bench players. And we're screwed because Cal no longer delivers.

He's left more of a mark on this program than every previous coach but Rupp. That is not a compliment.

Last edited:
When are you people going to stop ignoring the fact that UK has been reaching out to players? Many of them don't want to backup talented freshmen. Some of them are hesitant because Oscar, Reeves and Livingston haven't made their final decisions.
Since you know it all...who besides the big guy from Michigan and the kid from San Diego state, who have they reached out too

Since you know it all...who besides the big guy from Michigan and the kid from San Diego state, who have they reached out too
He gonna rattle off a list of guys Kentucky told hey if we have a opening later when our guys make their decisions we are interests which is crap, because other schools recruit and force the players to react, Kentucky caters to the players and gets burnt

I'm just so glad the NBA deadline is coming up.No more guessing on our 3 and seeing what players return that we might have a shot at.

I'm afraid we will not see as many good players pull out as people are hoping.
Same. The smith kid returning to state, when Kentucky probably tampered with him should be a sign. The best will probably be Kaluma, cam spencer and the two Tennessee guys. Which is you believe memanboy apparently kentujcy isn’t going after spencer because he doesn’t fit what Kentucky needs, which is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. He can shoot and is a good college player

They just reached out to Cam Spencer. They also reached out to several players who decided to sign with other teams. They definitely reached out to more than 2 players.

If he comes to UK we will never see those percentages. Kid will shoot 29% from three, 62 from the line and play 0 defence. That's just the way it happens at UK. This is a clone of Fredrick. Fredrick was gonna be our Larry Bird until he wasn't.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cal stated a few years ago that UK ALWAYS “Eats first”, which means if we want a kid, we get that kid. Apparently from how this roster is shaping up and how many kids have looked and said “No Thanks” , that is NO LONGER the way it is for Cal and UK.

There, I spelled it out for you.
If only 6 years ago he knew that players would get 7 yrs in college and NIL would eat first

Reaching out with no intention of wanting the player is stupid, I want them to reach out but reach out to players the staff and team will actually want
Eh, its so insignificant though. If we strike out on every option, Reeves leaves, and etc, you never know, we could circle back to Spencer. And the initial contact will only help.

Eh, its so insignificant though. If we strike out on every option, Reeves leaves, and etc, you never know, we could circle back to Spencer. And the initial contact will only help.
Yeah I guess I see but by that point those guys have already committed to another school

Sounds like it. Maybe we can still lose Thiero or Ugo. Maybe we can get down to 5 freshman and John can play them all 40 minutes a game to be the first to ever do it. Maybe that’s what he going for? I really like that Ware decided to transfer to sit the bench at Villanova as opposed to actually getting playing time here out of sheer necessity. Bye bye Reeves, see ya Oscar. Maybe we can get some D2 players at last minute to field a roster? I’m finding it hard to really care much right now.
You would think tha'ts what cal would do, but Cal won't play Sheppard as much because he is from Kentucky, and not on the draft boards.

I believe Cal will end up with 12-13 players as usual. I think after other teams are all filled up there will be enough left over players without a home who will be glad to become Ky wildcats. I'm halfway serious.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT