ADVERTISEMENT

*** UK @ LSU Gamethread ***

We efffing lost a road game in the toughest conference. Without our PG.

Shut happens.

Two when Tyty went out.

Not surprisingly that's when they went on their big run.

They are top 10 in D1 in forcing turnovers and knew we were without our two primary ball handlers.

This team is fools gold. Played a bunch of nobodies the last four games.

I CANT WAIT until Cal’s fat ass is gone. Even a half decent coach wins that game. Him and his stupid ass 3 big lineup can piss off.

Oscar makes a great play then throws it away.
I don't get the rest of the game insanity.
We had a timeout.
Yeahhhh....after throwing it away and dropping to 3 back, a timeout to settle them down seemed in order. But what do I know. Maybe Cal didn’t think we’d get the ball up the court.

Reactions: 2Dope15
So sick of listening to idiot espn mouthpieces cream their pants watching UK lose while a couple thousand football fans pretend to care about basket all for the alloted 2 hours per year.

Stop. ****ing. Losing. Cal.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Oscar with the throw away.

BTW. He finished with 2 fouls. Missed 10 minutes for no good reason other than slavish adherence to a stupid guideline.
Hindsight is 20/20. If he picked up his 3rd foul in the first half, you'd be complaining about that.

There's a lot to knock Cal on, but that's not one of them IMO.

Obviously not having Wheeler pretty much the entire game hurt us. Washington not so much because he wasn’t doing anything anyway. You can point to a lot of things but if we made free throws we’d be sitting on a win. There’s just no excuse for that.

0 points from a 10 point scorer and 5 points from a 14 point scorer. On the road. Against a ranked LSU who plays good defense. Really shouldnt have been in the game in the first half. YET, it comes down to the final 30 seconds.

Cant fault the effort. Those guys who finished the game left it out on the court. Considering the injuries you can't ask for much more than that.

Reactions: ukfan041
On the road vs a top 25 team.
Down BOTH Point guards.
Oscar missed a lot of the 1st half due to Foul trouble.

We cut the lead from 8 to 1, stole the ball, had a chance to steal the game late. We've got a lot of fight.
Missed free throws on top of it

Lots of moral victory posts in this thread.

No wonder some of you fellas never tuned out last season. Must be nice having no expectation to actually win a basketball game on the road against a decent team.

So sick of listening to idiot espn mouthpieces cream their pants watching UK lose while a couple thousand football fans pretend to care about basket all for the alloted 2 hours per year.

Stop. ****ing. Losing. Cal.
Dude. We lost out damn PG. we lost TyTy. Lots of coaches would’ve lost tonight.

I'm okay with not calling the timeout there.

Great hustle by Oscar to get to that ball before the LSU guy. Just got overexcited and made a bad pass.

Yeahhhh....after throwing it away and dropping to 3 back, a timeout to settle them down seemed in order. But what do I know. Maybe Cal didn’t think we’d get the ball up the court.
We have to setup a play to at least get off a shot to tie it. Not easy missing our 2 best guards but that's what was necessary.

Obviously not having Wheeler pretty much the entire game hurt us. Washington not so much because he wasn’t doing anything anyway. You can point to a lot of things but if we made free throws we’d be sitting on a win. There’s just no excuse for that.

10-20 ick.

Hope youre doing well.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
No Wheeler, no Ty Ty alot of 2nd half, Oscar misses most of 1st half and BROOKS didn't show up at all!! and we barely lose.

No Wheeler, No Tyty = No win. If you don't have a floor general, you're screwed (I know that's obvious, but hopefully they're ok and will be good to go later). It sucks that we lost BOTH in the same game. Eff that 22-5 run though.

Reactions: 2Dope15

I don't know about that. They went on their massive run when Tyty was out.

Just by being an able body to bring the ball up the court, Tyty was doing something.

Lots of moral victory posts in this thread.

No wonder some of you fellas never tuned out last season. Must be nice having no expectation to actually win a basketball game on the road against a decent team.
I had expectations to win. I’m also a realist. Winning a Top 25 road game is hard as hell without your top Pg.

I don't know how any could watch this game and conclude that not having Wheeler and Tyty wasn't the big reason they went on their run and we lost.

We had no reliable ballhandler. We struggled to not turn the ball over before getting it past half court at that rate.

I had expectations to win. I’m also a realist. Winning a Top 25 road game is hard as hell without your top Pg.

Yeah...I'm just pissed now, it is just freaking annoying. All of it. Injuries, free throws, refs...

Get Sharpe ready and make him the 4.

Go balls out for rest of year.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Oscar got beat all night on pick and roll. Gave up a few 3's not closing out. Still he gives it everything he has and is just a great kid. We're not even a tournament team without him.

Very little. He did a lot of dribbling at the top of the key.

Lol but we didn't score in like a 9 min stretch. We had issues even getting into our offense without turning it over. At least Tyty wasn't turning it over and giving us a chance to at least get a shot off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT