ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Arkansas Fans

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
Big Blue Nation thanks you for hosting ESPN gameday college basketball for the first time at Bud Walton Arena. As I understand it, it was a smashing success ! Selling out games for Kentucky, creating a circus like atmosphere, for what is undoubtedly, every S.E.C. team's Super bowl basketball event EVERY time Kentucky comes to town, has been a hallmark of this conference ever since I started following Kentucky basketball almost 50 years ago. So this thread is in tribute to YOU, Hog Fans ! A HUGE THANK YOU !

Now, I know Arkansas has had a tough season, and losing to Kentucky was no moral victory, as your coach so eloquently alluded to. I understand it takes some of the excitement away from the days' festivities to lose these games, so better luck next time. And I feel compelled to mention that when the gameday cameras were showing the lovely Kentucky - clad baby girl, that the boos were loud and boisterous, and when the cameras came back to show her once again, Hog fans doubled down to rain boos upon the pretty blue bow wearing baby girl. Perhaps it was karmic that the Hogs went on to lose the game ? Maybe it can filed away for future reference ? I'll let you decide.

Nevertheless, such a spectacle reminds me of the time way back in the 70's when me and my father went to games at Stokely Athletic Center in Knoxville, when Coach Mears had the Tennessee team led out onto the court with his player riding a unicycle to kick off that circus way back in the day. Flash forward to the 80's and 90's, LSU became well known for lowering their mascot TIGER from the rafters. Of course, in this day and age, Kentucky fans look forward to T-Shirts being distributed in the appropriate school colors ( did Arkansas have them printed up this time ?) and I imagine this is why so many Kentucky fans find a way to get inside the building for these long sold out events, just to nab a tshirt to commemorate another Kentucky road game, usually ending in a win.

Arkansas overall record drops to 14 - 35 against Kentucky. That's a fair bit better than most other schools, so there's always that.

Congratulations on another road circus, your super bowl is now over. It's unfortunate your team dropped to 10 - 10.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Nice post, and yes they used to do some crazy things in the 80’s. But this isn’t the Razorbacks of old, these guys were bad bacon.

Reactions: runt#69
Big Blue Nation thanks you for hosting ESPN gameday college basketball for the first time at Bud Walton Arena. As I understand it, it was a smashing success ! Selling out games for Kentucky, creating a circus like atmosphere, for what is undoubtedly, every S.E.C. team's Super bowl basketball event EVERY time Kentucky comes to town, has been a hallmark of this conference ever since I started following Kentucky basketball almost 50 years ago. So this thread is in tribute to YOU, Hog Fans ! A HUGE THANK YOU !

Now, I know Arkansas has had a tough season, and losing to Kentucky was no moral victory, as your coach so eloquently alluded to. I understand it takes some of the excitement away from the days' festivities to lose these games, so better luck next time. And I feel compelled to mention that when the gameday cameras were showing the lovely Kentucky - clad baby girl, that the boos were loud and boisterous, and when the cameras came back to show her once again, Hog fans doubled down to rain boos upon the pretty blue bow wearing baby girl. Perhaps it was karmic that the Hogs went on to lose the game ? Maybe it can filed away for future reference ? I'll let you decide.

Nevertheless, such a spectacle reminds me of the time way back in the 70's when me and my father went to games at Stokely Athletic Center in Knoxville, when Coach Mears had the Tennessee team led out onto the court with his player riding a unicycle to kick off that circus way back in the day. Flash forward to the 80's and 90's, LSU became well known for lowering their mascot TIGER from the rafters. Of course, in this day and age, Kentucky fans look forward to T-Shirts being distributed in the appropriate school colors ( did Arkansas have them printed up this time ?) and I imagine this is why so many Kentucky fans find a way to get inside the building for these long sold out events, just to nab a tshirt to commemorate another Kentucky road game, usually ending in a win.

Arkansas overall record drops to 14 - 35 against Kentucky. That's a fair bit better than most other schools, so there's always that.

Congratulations on another road circus, your super bowl is now over. It's unfortunate your team dropped to 10 - 10.

Jesus. You probably spent more time on this prose than anything else you've done. Fantastic. I read the first sentence.

What’s seems hypocritical to me about some of our fanbase is this. We lost to UNCW because we played awful and they just outplayed us. Yet the Cal apologists on here want to believe or at least spew the story that it’s because DJ was out. “If only DJ had played we would’ve won.” Yet Arkansas had a key player out yesterday and another one basically quit 10 mins before tipoff. Yet they still gave us all we could handle. And guess what, it took Reed taking over for DJ to win it. But if they were to use the same excuse about players being out I’d be willing to bet the same Cal lovers would say that had no bearing on the outcome.
As for me I’m glad they were shorthanded.

Reactions: KFuqua
What’s seems hypocritical to me about some of our fanbase is this. We lost to UNCW because we played awful and they just outplayed us. Yet the Cal apologists on here want to believe or at least spew the story that it’s because DJ was out. “If only DJ had played we would’ve won.” Yet Arkansas had a key player out yesterday and another one basically quit 10 mins before tipoff. Yet they still gave us all we could handle. And guess what, it took Reed taking over for DJ to win it. But if they were to use the same excuse about players being out I’d be willing to bet the same Cal lovers would say that had no bearing on the outcome.
What’s hypocritical is you claiming to be a UK fan.

Jesus. You probably spent more time on this prose than anything else you've done. Fantastic. I read the first sentence.
It’s nice to read something well written online. Most of you don’t even know not to say, “I seen.” It’s always the idiot that insults something intelligent as being something dumb.

When your point guard is trash from Lo I Orville then you know your really bad. Good luck the rest of the year porkers.

The 3 Arkansas fans that visit this forum want me to personally thank you for this post.

• Haha
Reactions: runt#69
Nothing you said here even fits in this thread. So weird.

Show me on the doll where his post hurt you.
IrEh0xE.jpeg

Reactions: Wonky

We didn't have Dilly, who is quite important.

DJ, as it turns out, might not have been the difference maker that we need to win games, but I think he would have helped.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Hey, everybody ! Thanks for reading a long post, I just felt the need to laugh a lttle bit. And I really don't know why me ( or somebody) hasn't thought to make one of these type "thank you " posts after each and every road game. And thanks to the (3) Hog fans that read my post. You're always welcomed to come here too, and hey, better times have got to come for your program, so heads up.

I think I'll try my best to follow up with more road thank you posts, provided we ever have another road win ?!?!?!?????? lol

You'd think with all the effort and hype and "over the top circus" atmosphere we get on the road in the SEC all these years, this kind of post would follow every road win.

So thanks for enjoying a moment with me after another nice road win (regardless of how you think we should've done or how good or bad you think the opponent was/ is )

Let's nab these gators and get another W, this time in front of the home folk !

Go Big Blue !

Would love to know the back story on why Devo Davis quit their team. Apparently he quit the team last year at some point too before he returned. Sounded like he was likely gone for good this time. Muss abruptly cut off 2 questions related to him in the post-game presser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT