ADVERTISEMENT

What a game and trip!

ruppcat

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Took my son to his first game at Rupp against Vandy and my first trip to Rupp since 1998 with my fiance. I'd forgotten what a place Rupp is. Maybe it was also due to being Senior Night. I gotta tell ya....when My Ol' Kentucky Home was sung,....not a dry eye around me (including mine). And that guy belted it out!!

Chatted with so many nice folks before, during and after the game. UK fans are the best. One of the ushers game us a "My First Visit" poster where you can put in the date and game. Also so posters of the seniors.

The highlight of the night though was getting a quick photo with Jeff and Stacey before the game. They were in the walkway area between the Hyatt and Rupp. My son was wearing Reed's number so they knew who we were fans of. The kicker is they were standing there waiting like regular folks. I figured they'd gotten to go in a backdoor or something like that. Some folks I was talking to said they had turned down security from UK so they could mingle with folks. Nice folks. Stacey is the talker of the two...but you see that on camera.

And of course the game was tremendous. When Reeves hit the 3 right before half I told my son it's usually the other team that does that. Glad the Cats got the offense rolling and sent vandy packing.

Oh, and we did have the ice cream.

I think we may make a trip to Rupp on Senior Night an annual thing.

GO BIG BLUE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT