ADVERTISEMENT

Football ****** UK Football Practice Notebook - Sept. 11 ******

Jeff Drummond

Nov 25, 2002
LEXINGTON, KY
Greetings, HOB. Good Humpday to ya. I’m back over on campus for today’s practice report as the Cats prepare for a matchup with No. 1 Georgia. We’ll have DC Brad White and select defensive coaches and players meeting with us today at approx 5:30 ET. Stay tuned for the latest news and notes here…

DC BRAD WHITE Q&A:

* On the breakdowns spoiling an otherwise solid performance… Those moments are the ones that change the game. Had several opportunities to change the momentum, and we didn’t capitalize.

* On 3rd and longs… They were 3/10 on day. One of em missed a sack, poor contain. If you do that, the route has a chance to break away. It’s a coverage-beater if that happens. On the other one, it was man coverage, and you have to win your 1-on-1s. Up front and back end. We’re still hurting from last year’s stuff. Makes it worse.

* On BVG’s insight on UGA offense… He has too much to deal with on his side of the ball. You don’t put that on him.

* On UGA’s Carson Beck… Not just him. Really good OL, talented backs, WRs. But he’s as talented a QB as there is in the country. I have to make some calls to help guys at times.

* Is it mental or physical on coverage breakdowns… Mostly mental, guys trying to do more than their job. When they are disciplined and have good eyes, results are pretty good.

* On the comms issue they had… Gotta have visual confirm on the call as well. Comm is me want to assist in it but not be the lone signal.

QB BROCK VANDAGRIFF, LB POP DUMAS-JOHNSON, LB D’EYRK JACKSON Q&As:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.