ADVERTISEMENT

UK Football on Probation/Vacates Wins From 2021 Employment Issues

No other SEC school would have accepted this level of punishment. I don't want UK to cheat, but this level of punishment is ridiculous. Cam Newton's dad got paid around 100k and Auburn didn't have to vacate any wins. The NCAA used a ridiculous excuse that Cam didn't know about the money.
What's worse is the staff didn't cheat, the were unaware of the work not being done.

Reactions: Bterhune
What burns me up is we have recruits demanding $5000 payments to show up on an official visit and high school QBs getting 7 figure signing bonuses, and they find some guys that got paid for not working and want to nail the school for it. While all of that may be within the rules, it just seems to me the football world is in tilt sometimes.

Last edited:
Because we're easy picking. Noone else would've ever self reported this and definitely wouldn't accept such a punishment. He should've dared them to do something and made their life hell. They're on life support as is.

No way you just agree. Its unbelievable.

Exactly.
I can just imagine some SEC schools are just laughing at UK and shaking their heads.

The NCAA in its dying breath screws UK yet again. But it wasn't just them. It was mostly our resident jellyfish, Eli and Mitch.

I'm sure if we listened closely we could hear the chanting "Thank you mistress, may I have another?" Lord knows they were probably holding hands to comfort each other.

It's crazy what the NCAA has pretended and acted to care about for it's entire existance.

They could of really nailed the big fish but they care about the small fry

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
How we look is always a factor. We have a feeling around the program that we play to our competition. We need to absolutely curb stomp the OOC teams for Stoops to get that monkey off his back. We really have never proved that in 12 years now.
Yes. And it’s not like they’ve been 4th Qtr 2nd string letdowns either. It’s frustrating.

Did the Hal mumme teams have to vacate wins?
I don’t believe so but their issue wasn’t tied to any personnel that was a part of games. When Mumme took the world by storm with his new style of play it was with curry leftovers and then his recruits tended to be under recruited and not terribly athletic initially. It was at the end of his tenure when they started getting a few commitments from that next level guy. Blizzard etc. But that infamous $1400 wasn’t connected to anyone that played in games that had been declared ineligible.

Things went south on its own due to him going with a turnover prone freshman in Lorenzen and then the investigation of the violation made the situation totally fall apart.

For all the disparaging of Mumme that we’ve done, especially the statue for stoops guys these days, he finished with at least a .500 conference record in 2 of 4 seasons. He only played a schedule with 1 non P5 non-con game. Losing these games puts stoops at 3 of 11 seasons .500 or better in sec…. 2016-2018.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I don’t believe so but their issue wasn’t tied to any personnel that was a part of games. When Mumme took the world by storm with his new style of play it was with curry leftovers and then his recruits tended to be under recruited and not terribly athletic initially. It was at the end of his tenure when they started getting a few commitments from that next level guy. Blizzard etc. But that infamous $1400 wasn’t connected to anyone that played in games that had been declared ineligible.

Things went south on its own due to him going with a turnover prone freshman in Lorenzen and then the investigation of the violation made the situation totally fall apart.

For all the disparaging of Mumme that we’ve done, especially the statue for stoops guys these days, he finished with at least a .500 conference record in 2 of 4 seasons. He only played a schedule with 1 non P5 non-con game. Losing these games puts stoops at 3 of 11 seasons .500 or better in sec…. 2016-2018.
So essentially this is worse than what the mumme staff did. Did anyone get the real number of wins vacated? Was it 1 season? I'm hearing it may be 2 or 3 seasons.

Seems bizarre this is a thing still at this point. I guess technically this occurred right before NIL floodgates opened? Still seems harsh.

IIRC, the violations occurred after NIL became effective: Levis and Wandale had good NIL deals for 2021, all arraigned well prior to the 2021 season.

Had the fake jobs just put a photo of the athletes up, and used that as advertising, they could have paid them tons for the NIL.

I can just imagine some SEC schools are just laughing at UK and shaking their heads.

No doubt

The NCAA in its dying breath screws UK yet again. But it wasn't just them. It was mostly our resident jellyfish, Eli and Mitch.

I'm sure if we listened closely we could hear the chanting "Thank you mistress, may I have another?" Lord knows they were probably holding hands to comfort each other.

I think this is a proving year for Stoops. Yes the schedule is harder….way harder. So the W-L ratio is gonna be not as big of a factor, but the real measurement is gonna be are we competitive. Do we look like we know what we are doing? Do we beat who we should beat soundly and do we at least show up against UGA and Texas ? Do we play UT competitively?

Those are going to be the factors for me.
This 100 percent. Wins and losses are gonna happen but the ride will be enjoyable if we are fighting in every game.

My concern is how someone is going to view this 100 years and think about those ten actual wins that are showing up in the loss column. It’s like our vacated wins in 1792 that still bother me.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue-ish
The fact our administration doesn’t support our team in a situation like this is appalling. This of SEC football. This is your 2 time Citrus Bowl Champ coach. Stand up and fight. Especially with a situation as stupid as this. It’s a no brainer.

This is exactly the key issue. W/l columns from years ago really don't matter much. However its pathetic to just roll over on such a weak situation rather than backing your coach and program.

Seeing and hearing stoops personality over the years, hes clearly a fighter. No way he was ok with this and very well is probably the source of his recent frustrations from almost leaving to recent comments.

The fact our administration doesn’t support our team in a situation like this is appalling. This is SEC football. This is your 2 time Citrus Bowl Champ coach. Stand up and fight. Especially with a situation as stupid as this. It’s a no brainer.
Nah, a lot of us can deal with insane bullshit like this regarding UK football as we have for years…right when you think you’ve seen it all…

Michigan commiting violations that are post season ban worthy and no vacated wins. I guess winning a national title and cheating gets you immunity. The NCAA is a joke. Just give them the middle finger and say I don't really give a F.

IIRC, the violations occurred after NIL became effective: Levis and Wandale had good NIL deals for 2021, all arraigned well prior to the 2021 season.

Had the fake jobs just put a photo of the athletes up, and used that as advertising, they could have paid them tons for the NIL.
NIL started July 1, 2021, I believe, actual Supreme Court decision came shortly before that. Someone in UKAD wasn't creative enough in dealing with this. Milquetoast Mitch got bent over and used because he felt guilty it happened. I get that the punishment could've been worse, but this sh!t really hacks me off. Other schools do much worse with zero or little consequences. We vacate wins. Seriously, eff all this crap. Power conferences should disband the NCAA, wipe the slate clean w/r/t to things like this, reinstate wins, and create a new governing body that's not a useless relic of a bygone era.

Edited to add: maybe a wrinkle about this not falling under NIL is that it was done via UK Healthcare (part of the university), and they were on actual payroll. Stupid all around. Still pissed off about this, though.

Reactions: mrschwump
So how were we cheating. Paying players for jobs they didn't have right? They were on a hospital payroll but didn't actually work there? How stupid is that? Why not stop pretending to be morally superior and hire bag men to pay out cash. Hard to trace that instead you commit payroll fraud... special kind of stupid.
Getting paid but not working is like 80% of America.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
Could someone please explain the actual two years of probation? Does it include bowls? Scholarships? Probation with what?..
Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT