ADVERTISEMENT

UK Football on Probation/Vacates Wins From 2021 Employment Issues

No other SEC school would have accepted this level of punishment. I don't want UK to cheat, but this level of punishment is ridiculous. Cam Newton's dad got paid around 100k and Auburn didn't have to vacate any wins. The NCAA used a ridiculous excuse that Cam didn't know about the money.
What's worse is the staff didn't cheat, the were unaware of the work not being done.

What burns me up is we have recruits demanding $5000 payments to show up on an official visit and high school QBs getting 7 figure signing bonuses, and they find some guys that got paid for not working and want to nail the school for it. While all of that may be within the rules, it just seems to me the football world is in tilt sometimes.

Last edited:
Because we're easy picking. Noone else would've ever self reported this and definitely wouldn't accept such a punishment. He should've dared them to do something and made their life hell. They're on life support as is.

No way you just agree. Its unbelievable.

Exactly.
I can just imagine some SEC schools are just laughing at UK and shaking their heads.

It's crazy what the NCAA has pretended and acted to care about for it's entire existance.

They could of really nailed the big fish but they care about the small fry

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
How we look is always a factor. We have a feeling around the program that we play to our competition. We need to absolutely curb stomp the OOC teams for Stoops to get that monkey off his back. We really have never proved that in 12 years now.
Yes. And it’s not like they’ve been 4th Qtr 2nd string letdowns either. It’s frustrating.

Did the Hal mumme teams have to vacate wins?
I don’t believe so but their issue wasn’t tied to any personnel that was a part of games. When Mumme took the world by storm with his new style of play it was with curry leftovers and then his recruits tended to be under recruited and not terribly athletic initially. It was at the end of his tenure when they started getting a few commitments from that next level guy. Blizzard etc. But that infamous $1400 wasn’t connected to anyone that played in games that had been declared ineligible.

Things went south on its own due to him going with a turnover prone freshman in Lorenzen and then the investigation of the violation made the situation totally fall apart.

For all the disparaging of Mumme that we’ve done, especially the statue for stoops guys these days, he finished with at least a .500 conference record in 2 of 4 seasons. He only played a schedule with 1 non P5 non-con game. Losing these games puts stoops at 3 of 11 seasons .500 or better in sec…. 2016-2018.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I don’t believe so but their issue wasn’t tied to any personnel that was a part of games. When Mumme took the world by storm with his new style of play it was with curry leftovers and then his recruits tended to be under recruited and not terribly athletic initially. It was at the end of his tenure when they started getting a few commitments from that next level guy. Blizzard etc. But that infamous $1400 wasn’t connected to anyone that played in games that had been declared ineligible.

Things went south on its own due to him going with a turnover prone freshman in Lorenzen and then the investigation of the violation made the situation totally fall apart.

For all the disparaging of Mumme that we’ve done, especially the statue for stoops guys these days, he finished with at least a .500 conference record in 2 of 4 seasons. He only played a schedule with 1 non P5 non-con game. Losing these games puts stoops at 3 of 11 seasons .500 or better in sec…. 2016-2018.
So essentially this is worse than what the mumme staff did. Did anyone get the real number of wins vacated? Was it 1 season? I'm hearing it may be 2 or 3 seasons.

Seems bizarre this is a thing still at this point. I guess technically this occurred right before NIL floodgates opened? Still seems harsh.

IIRC, the violations occurred after NIL became effective: Levis and Wandale had good NIL deals for 2021, all arraigned well prior to the 2021 season.

Had the fake jobs just put a photo of the athletes up, and used that as advertising, they could have paid them tons for the NIL.

There’s a certain irony in this thread: some are bemoaning the “loss” of victories they previously have complained were insignificant, to begin with!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT