ADVERTISEMENT

UK calls basketball press conference for a "special announcement" tomorrow

If Ulis is in Houston, it's definitely not him. Remember Yogi Ferrell making a big deal about his press conference to announce he was returning?

Don't expect anyone to announce on returning. They have yet to even do workouts.

I highly doubt it's regarding a player returning but I'm 100% guessing. My reasoning would be that Cal wouldn't let them decide this early without first going through the evaluation process.

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
Let's remember this. No one said the announcement is in Lexington. Cal and Ulis will both be in Houston this weekend for awards. Just sayinggggggggggggggggggggggggg
never thought about that. good point. maybe.

New uniforms to be worn for all UofL games until CDC determines there is no risk of catching
"Minardi Mange".

Screen-shot-2012-08-14-at-9.44.07-AM.png

The announcement is being made by "UK Basketball." From that, I'm guessing that it will involve basketball. Just a hunch.

Doubtful they will pull an April fools joke. That's not happening. I remember they pulled the April fools before they hired pitino saying bobby knight was going to be the coach. That was a bona fide joke. I'm sure there is a reason behind tomorrow but it's not April fools. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Ulis returning

Reactions: UKvisitor
UK does not put together a big press conference to announce the return of a player. Players are celebrated for taking the next step. If this is player related, someone or multiple someone's are saying their goodbyes.

Reactions: Tannerdad
Has the Bob Cousey award winner been announced yet? Not sure that would take a special conference, but who knows.

Doubtful they will pull an April fools joke. That's not happening. I remember they pulled the April fools before they hired pitino saying bobby knight was going to be the coach. That was a bona fide joke. I'm sure there is a reason behind tomorrow but it's not April fools. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Ulis returning

Any announcement on April 1st is a joke.

Maybe they're having a formal announcement for those who are leaving. Best way to paint a clear picture to undeclared recruits. Sounds strategic.

Maybe they're having a formal announcement for those who are leaving. Best way to paint a clear picture to undeclared recruits. Sounds strategic.
Cal would be there for that though. Unless they plan to video conference him in.

Reactions: ukfan041
I think last year we had some rumors started that some player or players may return. So I would not put much stock in the speculation. Probably facilities or related to a series resuming with another team.

Kenny Payne will get a head coaching job could be it. Unless he is with Cal, they could pick a better time though, unless the other school wants to get it out. <<<<theory

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT