ADVERTISEMENT

UK calls basketball press conference for a "special announcement" tomorrow

My "source" is heard the NCAA is so mad over the UNC scandal that they are giving Kentucky the death penalty, Cal a Show Cause punishment and effective immediately all Helms titles count double.

They will announce UK is moving to the Big12, Kansas will no longer win the regular season conference title......that's all.

I wonder if it has to do with the Women's program? I've often wondered what is going on with so many transferring out of the program.

I would like to think that the world "special" would seem to indicate something other than players leaving, but I feel like they've used that same terminology for departing players in the past.

I figured it would've leaked out by now. Matt Jones has said nothing about it. Maybe he knows but don't wanna ruin the surprise. I bet it's a press conference announcing Skal and Murray are hiring agents and are 100% gone. Ulis will have his press conference announcing he's gone when he gets back from Houston

I figured it would've leaked out by now. Matt Jones has said nothing about it. Maybe he knows but don't wanna ruin the surprise. I bet it's a press conference announcing Skal and Murray are hiring agents and are 100% gone. Ulis will have his press conference announcing he's gone when he gets back from Houston
Jones would post something like "big announcement tomorrow" just for hits if he actually did know. If he does know, there's no way he's not going to post at least a teaser of some sort for hits.

I haven't read the thread, but I'll go ahead and post a guess that UK will play Texas Tech next season and hang a Tubby banner.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Was just thinking the same thing about being surprised there's no leak yet. Gonna guess it's nothing major based on that. A returning player or a player leaving of significance would've been sniffed out by now IMO.

This better be something good and not some crap recognizing the 66 or 96 team like somebody said. If its something like that we'll all be pissed. This better be about somebody coming back or BOLDEN!!!!!!????????

My guess is that Murray and Skal plan to hire agents and are staying in the draft. I think Cal wants to get the "Skal's not coming back" info out there to assure a particular high school center that Labissiere won't be returning.

They will be naming something after Coach Cal in honor of his anniversary of his hiring.

They make it out to be something us the fans will like. I won't get my hopes up on anyone returning this is one of those over blown things I bet.

Reactions: LetsHang#9
This better be something good and not some crap recognizing the 66 or 96 team like somebody said. If its something like that we'll all be pissed. This better be about somebody coming back or BOLDEN!!!!!!????????

UK would not hold a press conference to announce Bolden.

Kenny Payne will get a head coaching job could be it. Unless he is with Cal, they could pick a better time though, unless the other school wants to get it out. <<<<theory
Could be but I don't know of any other position other than WKU and that has been filled.

Not saying it is but PR 101. You release bad news on Friday afternoon.

But no one involved with the program sees players leaving as bad news.

Think it's either that we'll be honoring the 66 and 96 teams or something goofy like new shorts or shoes or Papa Johns promo.

Reactions: HexxenHammer
I'm assuming Murray will say he's hired a agent , a player will announce they are returning and something about rupp renovation

I'm assuming Murray will say he's hired a agent , a player will announce they are returning and something about rupp renovation

Who will be announcing they are returning Ulis? Skal? Briscoe? I would guess Briscoe.

For those saying Ulis will be in Houston. I thought they said he will be in Houston on Sunday. He may not be there yet. It could be about him. Just saying. It probably isn't but I can hold out hope can't I?

Reactions: RDB9593
MJ said he will be discussing the announcement today on his radio show.

ADVERTISEMENT