ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Rupps Runts has done a magnificent job drafting out of that last slot...looks like an early favorite
Thanks. Had to start with a top PG and C. Wanted to pick another big to pair with Cuz, but couldn't pass up 2 great shooters with size. Surprised to see Keldon fall so hard but he's a welcome addition to the team, wanted Knox tho. Riddick was a fun pick that actually took research.
He’s got a good one. I always kinda liked the last spot actually though. Being able to pick 2 in a row helps immensely with sticking to your strategy.
The only thing I like about last is I make 2 picks back to back and don't have to check this website a lot for my picks lol. I don't really make a strategy and let it come to me, 23 picks between is A LOT. Anyone I'm considering on my turn will assuredly be gone in that gap if I don't select them. Farewell WCS PPatt I hardly knew ye.

I've made some picks I normally wouldn't just because I'm enjoying the research aspect of this draft. While I like my team it definitly would take someone to research in order to make a great case otherwise voters will go off recenty bias.

I'll have to provide that info in the polls and hopefully they will read!

Wont be on till 9ish so sorry if my pick takes awhile whenever it happens. At least i know who i want w my pick so itll be quick when it comes around

Sorry for the delay, everyone, been busy at work. I need a wing: Rodrick Rhodes.

@YaySports
young-man-angry-face-turn-red-young-asian-man-wearing-white-shirt-jacket-angry-expression-face-turn-red-background-gary-123610164.jpg

This guard in interchangeable at either position, don't take crap from anybody, and can knock down shots from deep in the clutch.

Patrick Sparks

This guy is interchangeable at the 3/4 and for a long time he held the honor of being the only person at UK to every record a triple double.

Chris Mills.

Back to you @YaySports

Well my plan was to take Rhodes but seeing as how hes gone and im in need of some offense, ill take an underappreciated big who has 2 of the best single season PERs in kentucky history Randolph Morris @420grover ur up
the best value left me thinks. was going to take him 6 but my team identity wouldn’t allow it. it was him or evans or fitch. i was afraid of taking fitch idk why lol.

Was hoping sparks would make the turn. But as i need a shooter ill take a good ole kentucky boy who played for the unforgettables, averaged double figures 3 straight seasons and shot over 37% from 3 for his career. Deron Feldhaus

Reactions: 420grover
This guard in interchangeable at either position, don't take crap from anybody, and can knock down shots from deep in the clutch.

Patrick Sparks

This guy is interchangeable at the 3/4 and for a long time he held the honor of being the only person at UK to every record a triple double.

Chris Mills.

Back to you @YaySports

Wow. 2 picks, 2 kicks to the balls...nice job. Lol. Especially Mills. I was taking him if he made it to me.

Patrick Sparks

Chris Mills.

Back to you @YaySports
mills is a very good pick at this stage. only a couple guys should be ahead of him at true sf when you think about it.

the best value left me thinks. was going to take him 6 but my team identity wouldn’t allow it. it was him or evans or fitch. i was afraid of taking fitch idk why lol.
I had my hopes up he would survive one more pick to me. Ill take fitch if youre still afraid of him lol

Was hoping sparks would make the turn. But as i need a shooter ill take a good ole kentucky boy who played for the unforgettables, averaged double figures 3 straight seasons and shot over 37% from 3 for his career. Deron Feldhaus
Well there goes my unforgettables reunion.

Reactions: YaySports
mills is a very good pick at this stage. only a couple guys should be ahead of him at true sf when you think about it.
Yeah, I think he gets overlooked because he was only here a year and transferred because of the sanctions. But he was damn good in that one year.

I had my hopes up he would survive one more pick to me. Ill take fitch if youre still afraid of him lol
i think he had a bit of a screw loose. but he was a heck of scoring little 2 guard. big crossover and a crafty midrange game. he never seemed to use his crossover to drive all the way as he’d always bring it back, and usually shoot. but he got them off and hit a lot of them. he was also great coming off screens.

that’s a motion offense. will be interesting to see how he’s used, he actually played a lot of point. a player like him who is quick and can pivot you just run him in a giant circle around your side of the court until he’s open. his range was definitely more on the elite side.

Reactions: DraftCat
I was between Joe Crawford and Fitch on my turn... seems like Fitch was the more popular pick. I like having the combo guard though.

Reactions: hotelblue
Ok, so I wanted a backup big guy and I was having a hard time until I realized this fact: in the time period we’re considering (after 1975) only four, count em FOUR, Kentucky players have had more rebounds in a season than this guy. (AD, Randle, T. Jones, and Cousins)

He also shot 61% from the field, played solid defense, and performed all sorts of dirty work that doesn’t show up on a stat sheet like saving a possession by drilling the ball off of Jared Sullinger out of bounds like he was playing dodgeball.

I’m taking Josh Harrelson and going to bed.

@drcats2013 do what you will

I’m sorry lol. It’s funny, we’re all huge fans and know exactly who’s left and best to pick. I could count on one hand the amount of bad picks I’ve seen in this draft
Id think Liggins may be viewed as one of them solely bc he doesnt have much to go on based of accolades or scoring punch but to go up against some of the best UK players ever you gotta have a wing who can slow down or lock down guys on the perimeter. I went defense first with almost all my picks solely for the thought of trying to defend other greats. Ill lack a little offense when its all said and done but my team will have some dogs all over the court.

Id think Liggins may be viewed as one of them solely bc he doesnt have much to go on based of accolades or scoring punch but to go up against some of the best UK players ever you gotta have a wing who can slow down or lock down guys on the perimeter. I went defense first with almost all my picks solely for the thought of trying to defend other greats. Ill lack a little offense when its all said and done but my team will have some dogs all over the court.
Liggins as your fifth starter with his defense is not a bad pick, imo.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT