ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Liggins as your fifth starter with his defense is not a bad pick, imo.
If only that 2010 team and really 2011 didnt choke (although 2011 probably outplayed their actual ability they lost to a uconn team bc of a terrible off game in what was a weak FF) the man coulda been a major cog in 2 title teams potentially. The 2010 loss is my most hated loss in my lifetime possibly and in 2011 i still hate that i drove 18 hours to Houston to watch what was a surreally bad game 34% from the field and 33% from the stripe i mean wtf.

Reactions: drcats2013
If only that 2010 team and really 2011 didnt choke (although 2011 probably outplayed their actual ability they lost to a uconn team bc of a terrible off game in what was a weak FF) the man coulda been a major cog in 2 title teams potentially. The 2010 loss is my most hated loss in my lifetime possibly and in 2011 i still hate that i drove 18 hours to Houston to watch what was a surreally bad game 34% from the field and 33% from the stripe i mean wtf.
I know. What I remember of that game, it felt doomed from the start. I was 18 and working at food city at the time of the game, and a co worker of mine actually offered me a free ticket to go to the game with him. I just had to cover the plane ticket, but that was too rich for my food city salary at the time, and didn’t want to borrow it off of dad to go without him lol. I still bet it was a cool experience being at a final four game

Reactions: YaySports
There are better players left than this guy but I have to go for fit at this point over pure ability. I need a knock down shooter off the bench & this guy is also a good passer who plays hard & is a very smart player; give me Jim Master.

@GonzoCat90 OTC

Reactions: GoBigBlue712
I know. What I remember of that game, it felt doomed from the start. I was 18 and working at food city at the time of the game, and a co worker of mine actually offered me a free ticket to go to the game with him. I just had to cover the plane ticket, but that was too rich for my food city salary at the time, and didn’t want to borrow it off of dad to go without him lol. I still bet it was a cool experience being at a final four game
Absolutely. The road trip down with my buddies was awesome as well. We got double booked in nose bleeds and when we went to talk about the ticket situation they moved us to the uconn student section, which was entirely empty so we sat second row. UK/UConn was the 2nd game that day and the people in the first row, directly in front of us was the UConn mens team. To this day i still shoulda taken a chair and bashed Kemba from behind. Woulda been worth the jail time to ensure a UK title lol

What if I told you there was a guy left who scored more points in a season than Antoine Walker, Joe Crawford or Tyler Herro?

What if I told you there was a guy left who made more 3s in a season than Doron Lamb, Keith Bogans or Rex Chapman?

What if I told you he was that big a threat from deep *and* had one of the nastiest dunks in program history?

What if I told you he was clutch enough to make the NCAA All Tournament team?

I need another wing and this guy fits the mold. Give me James Young.

What if I told you there was a guy left who scored more points in a season than Antoine Walker, Joe Crawford or Tyler Herro?

What if I told you there was a guy left who made more 3s in a season than Doron Lamb, Keith Bogans or Rex Chapman?

What if I told you he was that big a threat from deep *and* had one of the nastiest dunks in program history?

I'd tell you he can't pass the ball or play defense :D

Had to look and make sure this guy was still available. Since I have a junkyard dog at PG, might as well add another. I feel sorry for opposing teams guards having to deal with this guy after taking a break from Ulis. Give me one of the best defenders in UK history, 2003-04 all SEC performer Cliff Hawkins.

@UKNorse you’re OTC

Had to look and make sure this guy was still available. Since I have a junkyard dog at PG, might as well add another. I feel sorry for opposing teams guards having to deal with this guy after taking a break from Ulis. Give me one of the best defenders in UK history, 2003-04 all SEC performer Cliff Hawkins.

@UKNorse you’re OTC
Good pick.

Obligatory

Goodnight Irene. James Young’s mother couldn’t have written a more inaccurate representation his ability than you did there. You forgot, “holds the UK record for most hotdogs eaten in one sitting.” Lol

Thought of taking him too. Good pick.

Reactions: GonzoCat90

I thought about him but then thought I really didn't need anyone to hit many "Going out of bounds, just throw it behind you and hope for the best" 3s.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Id think Liggins may be viewed as one of them solely bc he doesnt have much to go on based of accolades or scoring punch but to go up against some of the best UK players ever you gotta have a wing who can slow down or lock down guys on the perimeter. I went defense first with almost all my picks solely for the thought of trying to defend other greats. Ill lack a little offense when its all said and done but my team will have some dogs all over the court.
Liggins is my favorite player of all time. I absolutely loved the way he wreaked havoc on opposing offenses. Just an absolute animal. Give up the scoring power, but any team with him as a defensive juggernaut is going to be able to take away or at least slow down a superstar.

i need uptempo scoring to back up meeks. this guy averaged over 16 ppg for his 4 years in college. give me the blur.

dwight anderson.

His brother was taken 3 rounds ago. I'll take a 6'6 backup PG that was played in 2 Final fours and was close to being a National Champion twice.

Andrew Harrison

Same team accomplishments for this true tree in the post.

Dakari Johnson

Last edited:
Reactions: hotelblue
i figured all centers were gone the next 20 so i had to 420. there’s still options. give me your email and i’ll give one lol.

i figured all centers were gone the next 20 so i had to 420. there’s still options. give me your email and i’ll give one lol.
I'm sure I'll be able to find one. I can always just move Robey and AD from the 4/5 and Mills can play the 4 while one of those are on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT