ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Wow. We're almost 50 picks and there's still an All-American on the board. Going back in time a little but this guy is gonna be interchangeable with AD at the 4/5 position.

I'll take Rick Robey with the last pick of round 4.

I'll be back in a few with my next pick.
i was going to draft wcs, jones or robey. i needed rim protection and versatility. he’s a grey hound f/c at 6-11 230. had no fat on him and could run the floor and shoot. though for my press and zone defenses i needed more elite rim protection. i did pick robey in my initial starting 5 figuring i could get him in the top 50. and considered shortly even of keeping him at pf but that wouldn’t work as well on my team. was +70% ft shooter as well. excellent pick. i was going to boast about it a lot had i pulled the trigger. a stud aa player and national and nba champ.

thing i was excited about was the bonus he’d bring in the press offense being able to get tip backs and shooting out off a run from 17 ft. he’d have been perfect offensively to be my center. he was quick and crafty around the glass and had underrated strength.

Reactions: DraftCat
i need a stretch big to pair with Nerlens and Rondo. looks like im going for PJ Washington
nice pick. he was my third choice to be pf on my team. he’d have brought a little post game to my team while having all the capabilities (especially dribbling and passing) for a full court style. he might have struggled a little defensively compared to my top 2. especially with the zone press. but he would have brought the most inside offense. had a nice wingspan and a good motor. good pick i hate to scratch him off. antoine and pj now gone. i really hope my next pick is still up.

Reactions: YaySports
Yea I had considered Robey instead of the Big Dipper but didn't pull the trigger. I liked Melvens 240 pounds and 6'11 height against AD and others.

Although Robey is simiar 6'10 and 235

Ahhh man, another one of my favorites is still out there but there are quite a few good players left at his position. Whereas, the position I need the most has only one left that I consider starter quality, so I can’t pass it up.

I mean he was an all SEC player and national champion as a junior before his 20-year NBA career. So I’m not TOO disappointed.

I’ll take Nazr Mohammad to complete my starting lineup.

Ahhh man, another one of my favorites is still out there but there are quite a few good players left at his position. Whereas, the position I need the most has only one left that I consider starter quality, so I can’t pass it up.

I mean he was an all SEC player and national champion as a junior before his 20-year NBA career. So I’m not TOO disappointed.

I’ll take Nazr Mohammad to complete my starting lineup.
i knew he wouldn’t drop far enough to be my back up center. i wanted girth and someone who knew the uptempo system. nice pick. almost every pick this round has been a scratch off. some nice looking teams.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
To complete my starting lineup, I’ll take a two time All-tourney, two time all-sec, sec tourney MVP, NCAA champion that hit one of the biggest shots in UK basketball history. Give me one of my early hero’s, Scott Padgett.
nice pick. another scratch off my bench. figured he wouldn’t fall much past the 5th though. so the hopes weren’t too high. but he knew the uptempo system. i still have my starter out there. it won’t be exciting but what i need. come on people let it happen.

man my bench is going through a change. luckily there’s still good players out there. this was a brutal round.

To complete my starting lineup, I’ll take a two time All-tourney, two time all-sec, sec tourney MVP, NCAA champion that hit one of the biggest shots in UK basketball history. Give me one of my early hero’s, Scott Padgett.

Nice pick man...I knew it was coming. I was down to 2 players for this pick & saw that you needed the same thing as me & figured you were probably gonna take one of them. I’m glad you did bc I was having trouble deciding who to take, lol. So I’ll take the other guy. A prototypical, long, athletic 6-10 stretch 4 with good ball skills who’s also a nice rebounder & defender to stick next to Bowie; Walter McCarty.

@GonzoCat90 you’re OTC buddy

Nice pick man...I knew it was coming. I was down to 2 players for this pick & saw that you needed the same thing as me & figured you were probably gonna take one of them. I’m glad you did bc I was having trouble deciding who to take, lol. So I’ll take the other guy. A prototypical, long, athletic 6-10 stretch 4 with good ball skills who’s also a nice rebounder & defender to stick next to Bowie; Walter McCarty.

Fahk

This one hurt. My plan was to draft McCarty to play beside Walker and Patterson as a run a team to death lineup. First time all draft I’m going to have to change strategy.

padgett and mccarty are nice picks. when i got wcs i kind of lost walter though. would have been a 5 on my team.

Gotta go with the best talent on the board again. Another versatile, hard-nosed, freak athlete with the skill set to play both ways.

The numbers may look modest, 11-3-3, but every true Kentucky fan saw just how good this Cat was on a loaded team.

He may be the most athletic PG to ever play here and still shot 38% from deep. He's another that can crash the boards, lead the break, and be a terror in transition.

It's time to get shit right. Give me Eric Bledsoe.

You can’t go wrong with either, and the deciding factor for me was that I got to watch Padgett play (live). Had I grown up in the mid 90’s as a fan, may have grabbed McCarty. Last of the really good PF options, IMO.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Gotta go with the best talent on the board again. Another versatile, hard-nosed, freak athlete with the skill set to play both ways.

The numbers may look modest, 11-3-3, but every true Kentucky fan saw just how good this Cat was on a loaded team.

He may be the most athletic PG to ever play here and still shot 38% from deep. He's another that can crash the boards, lead the break, and be a terror in transition.

Knew you’d grab him, I almost did as the top 6th man out there, but ended up completing my lineup instead. Definitely the best player available at this point.

he was the value pick. was taking him in the 6th for sure to back up epps. same defensive attitude but a penetrator more than a set up guy. would have made my guard rotation pretty sick. well, damn you.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Knew you’d grab him, I almost did as the top 6th man out there, but ended up completing my lineup instead. Definitely the best player available at this point.

I hope he's appreciated the way he should be. It's going to be interesting to see how talent/nostalgia/emotion/production all get balanced out.

he was the value pick. was taking him in the 6th for sure to back up epps. same defensive attitude but a penetrator more than a set up guy. would have made my guard rotation pretty sick. well, damn you.

He was the plan all along. Really the only guy who truly fit what I'm trying to build as far as athleticism, skill and toughness. I worried he'd pop early during that run on PGs.

This one hurt. My plan was to draft McCarty to play beside Walker and Patterson as a run a team to death lineup. First time all draft I’m going to have to change strategy.

Sorry man. I was surprised he was still there. After my last pick I had already come to terms with the fact that he & Padgett would both be gone & I’d have to start a 2nd tier 4. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwhite123
He was the plan all along. Really the only guy who truly fit what I'm trying to build as far as athleticism, skill and toughness. I worried he'd pop early during that run on PGs.
yeah i meant for me a value pick. definitely the perfect necessity for you. glad you got your pg. he probably should have been up a round and a half ago but he’s the same justly in the top 50.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
You can’t go wrong with either, and the deciding factor for me was that I got to watch Padgett play (live). Had I grown up in the mid 90’s as a fan, may have grabbed McCarty. Last of the really good PF options, IMO.

I couldn’t believe I was gonna get 1 of the 2 so I didn’t care which one it was at that point, lol. I needed Padgett’s shooting but was leaning slightly toward McCarty bc he’s probably a better fit for the style I’d wanna play & I needed a little more defense too. But, either is a win this late.

Reactions: jrpross
Stepped out to Target I’ll prolly be up soon. My two targets got taken Padgett and McCarty so ima take a bit to drown my tears. May buy a tub of ice cream ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT