ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Going to change up my hybrid lineup a bit since McCarty was taken. This guy is a bit under appreciated IMO. Long, versatile scorer, and can play the 2-4 in my lineup. Scored over 20 twelve times in his one season at UK. I’ll take a 6’9 shooter with a 6’11 with a True shooting % of 58%, Kevin Knox

@UKNorse youre up

Alright I got a headache and I really regret not choosing my starting PF last round now.... okay I'm going with a PF his Junior and Senior season he was a beast.

Give me... Winston Bennett
Same lol

sorry for the delay. my phone was taken over by my wife on a family call. on my mac for now. ok so my lineup is very clearly the 90's pitino-esque slots.

so i wasn't looking for a traditional 4 but a small 4. my guy could help out at 3 if i'm forced to go big. but i had this guy behind antoine and ahead of pj for my "4" spot from the word go. when i said i lacked star power but was going for dynamic you'll see what i mean now.

my guy has to run the floor and be able to help on double teams, be crafty enough around the basket to find ways to score, but most of all (like antoine could do great) i need a player that can facilitate inside the arc and give me 8 rebounds from this spot. this isn't dribble drive or pick and roll. this is snap passing, 90 degree, back picking motion offense. there was only one guy who i thought beside antoine could do this for me and run the floor the whole game. i may have drafted him in the next round but it can't wait.

give me my sf/pf

eric daniels

@Rupp'sRunt

sorry for the delay. my phone was taken over by my wife on a family call. on my mac for now. ok so my lineup is very clearly the 90's pitino-esque slots.

so i wasn't looking for a traditional 4 but a small 4. my guy could help out at 3 if i'm forced to go big. but i had this guy behind antoine and ahead of pj for my "4" spot from the word go. when i said i lacked star power but was going for dynamic you'll see what i mean now.

my guy has to run the floor and be able to help on double teams, be crafty enough around the basket to find ways to score, but most of all (like antoine could do great) i need a player that can facilitate inside and give me 8 rebounds from this spot. this isn't dribble drive or pick and roll. this is snap passing, 90 degree, back picking motion offense. there was only one guy who i thought beside antoine could do this for me and run the floor the whole game. i may have drafted him in the next round but it can't wait.

give me my sf/pf

eric daniels

@Rupp'sRunt
Crap. I was really hoping he’d come back to me. Good pick. Dude was the very definition of versatile.

Ill go with an athletic big to help me defend the paint who used to hold the UK regular season record for Blocks before a certain player came along.

Andre "The Rejector" Riddick.
My favorite memory of him was his senior night when he wanted to hit a 3. It weren’t pretty [laughing]

But I think he ended up with a nasty dunk, so that was cool.

Need a guy that ready to fight on the defensive end when called upon to guard an elite wing and not afraid to step up and take a shot either.

Keldon Johnson

Reactions: hotelblue
this was going to be bledsoe, but i may use this spot for a value pick anyway. give me a minute to decide.

a lot of great players left.

this guy was a solid 3 lacking some dribbling skills in ‘99. or he was a death lineup 4 that will out quick you, hustle you, and effort you. and unlike daniels can guard the full perimeter at the end of games. a natural backup at 3-4 to eric, even had the zig zag style of pivoting into slash maneuvers (wish we could have seen him in a pitino motion offense in ‘97).

give me heshimu evans.

a lot of great players left.

this guy was a solid 3 lacking some dribbling skills in ‘99. or he was a death lineup 4 that will out quick you, hustle you, and effort you. and unlike daniels can guard the full perimeter at the end of games. a natural backup at 3-4 to eric, even had the zig zag style of pivoting into slash maneuvers (wish we could have seen him in a pitino motion offense in ‘97).

give me heshimu evans.
I loved Heshimu, man. My dad & I used to joke about how they used to say EVERY SINGLE GAME that his name meant “Warrior”, then he came in KSR a couple years ago and said, “I don’t know where that came from, it doesn’t mean that.” [roll]

Reactions: hotelblue
this pick might surprise some because he’s mostly a three who can’t shoot off the dribble. but he also is a below rim version of what i was hoping to get out azubuike off the bench. someone who is physical on the perimeter and is a next play guy in the half court offense. can get some transition points and basically play a lock down 3. probably would go him and daniels as the front court at the end of games.

Imagine playing Tubby Ball and still ending up #20 on the career all time scoring list.

This is going to be one of the best 6th man in the draft at this point... Give me Joe Crawford.
almost considered him for scoring. but there’s still some guys left. hopefully i see one. nice pick.

Reactions: DraftCat
In thinking about this draft I went back and watched numerous videos of AD. It gives me chills to rewatch what he did. We likely wont see anyone like him again at UK or anyplace else.

Reactions: jrpross
I’ll take my first C here. Give me all SEC performer Marquis Estill to give me some size inside. The all time leader in FG percentage at UK with 60.1%, Estill adds an offensive option inside as well as a pretty good defender. Had a top 15 all time season for blocks in 2002-03.

@GonzoCat90 you’re OTC

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Let me get some more guard depth with one of the toughest competitors we've ever seen in Blue.

A career 40% three point shooter, tenacious defender and rebounder, who could play in a leading or supporting role.

A first team All SEC player and SEC tournament MVP, I'm adding yet another big game performer.

He's not one of your favorite Wildcats of all time? Fitch, please. Give me Gerald Fitch.

Let me get some more guard depth with one of the toughest competitors we've ever seen in Blue.

A career 40% three point shooter, tenacious defender and rebounder, who could play in a leading or supporting role.

A first team All SEC player and SEC tournament MVP, I'm adding yet another big game performer.

He's not one of your favorite Wildcats of all time? Fitch, please. Give me Gerald Fitch.
Damnit. Was wondering how long a shooter like that would hang around

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Gonna go ahead & grab some post depth while I can & take a very smart player who will add more perimeter shooting while also providing a presence inside on both ends. Fundamentally sound & athletic enough to have a decade long NBA career. Just a very reliable player who is a high end glue-guy IMO, Mark Pope.

@drcats2013

He's one of those guys that we know are legends of the program even if he doesn't have the profile nationally that others do.

he was an infinitely better Wildcat than lots of the guys already drafted.
As long as he stays away from the fake ID’s that’s a good value pick for a 6th man

Reactions: GonzoCat90
He's one of those guys that we know are legends of the program even if he doesn't have the profile nationally that others do.

he was an infinitely better Wildcat than lots of the guys already drafted.

Can’t ask for a better sixth man than Fitch. Way above average on both ends & is a heart of the team type guy. Plays hard & excels in the clutch. Can give you instant offense off the bench & also lock down 2-3 positions on D. He’s one of my favorites.

Yeah it’s getting down to the nitty gritty. We all know who the best guys are that are left. These last few rounds will be interesting.
Still about 4 guys i was hoping to get a little later but getting to the now or never phase it seems

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT