ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

Almost took him coin flip between him and booker.
yeah you could stick him at pf. there’s only one other guy i could have taken for what i’m going for though. glad you let him by. i lost antoine, otherwise my picks have been who i wanted so far. i’m pleased enough.

Another guy I can’t believe is still in the board. Was going with my pick or WCS so @hotelblue made this another easy choice for me. My pick is one of the best offensive players in school history. An absolute force on the block and for the betterment of the team become a good 3pt shooter. Can really do it all offensively. If you want a rebound, you really have to want it to get it over my guy. 3X all SEC, SEC ROY. Oh, and did I mention he was a 2 time All SEC defensive selection? Perfect for my lineup so far as i can play him at the 4 or a small ball 5. One of the most versatile and beloved big men in UK history, give me Patrick Patterson.

@GonzoCat90 you’re up

Another guy I can’t believe is still in the board. Was going with my pick or WCS so @hotelblue made this another easy choice for me. My pick is one of the best offensive players in school history. An absolute force on the block and for the betterment of the team become a good 3pt shooter. Can really do it all offensively. If you want a rebound, you really have to want it to get it over my guy. Oh, and did I mention he was a 2 time All SEC defensive selection? Perfect for my lineup so far as i can play him at the 4 or a small ball 5. One of the most versatile and beloved big men in UK history, give me Patrick Patterson.

@GonzoCat90 you’re up
nice pick. same with doc getting sga. ppatt is a top 10 all-time favorite. when he was here he was near my favorite just because what he did leading us during an unprecedented lull. that man gets extra program points for what he represented.

Reactions: 420grover
Another guy I can’t believe is still in the board. Was going with my pick or WCS so @hotelblue made this another easy choice for me. My pick is one of the best offensive players in school history. An absolute force on the block and for the betterment of the team become a good 3pt shooter. Can really do it all offensively. If you want a rebound, you really have to want it to get it over my guy. 3X all SEC, SEC ROY. Oh, and did I mention he was a 2 time All SEC defensive selection? Perfect for my lineup so far as i can play him at the 4 or a small ball 5. One of the most versatile and beloved big men in UK history, give me Patrick Patterson.

@GonzoCat90 you’re up

I almost picked him 3 times... I was just nervous about 1. Not having a big man yet 2. having a good small forward.

I thought have those two locked up was more important for my team currently or he would of been mine for sure. Think UK has been pretty deep at the PF position lots of options left.

Reactions: drcats2013
I almost picked him 3 times... I was just nervous about 1. Not having a big man yet 2. having a good small forward.

I thought have those two locked up was more important for my team currently or he would of been mine for sure. Think UK has been pretty deep at the PF position lots of options left.
That’s the reason I’m likely saving that position till last, unless my 2 options get taken. There’s still 4-5 great PF’s left. Loved ppat though.

Reactions: DraftCat
Everyone keeps talking about versatility and yet somehow let me snag this guy.

The best player on Cal's first Final Four team here. 16 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks, 2 assists and over 1 steal per game.

The muscle and versatility that made so much of 2012's title run possible.

One of the 10 best shot blockers in school history that can play on the perimeter, shoot the 3, lead the break, defend 2-5, bully you on the block and in the mid-range.

Paired next to KAT in the post? Running with the Goose and Monk on the break?

6'9, 250 pounds of skill and power.

Maybe I'm hoarding all this talent. You can call me a selfish MF'er, I'm taking Terrence Jones.

he was one of three guys i was going to take. i like his versatility, inside presence and offensive transition game (can push and handle the ball). my team likes all that except one thing. i need a chicken with his head cut off to be on the second line of my hypothetical 2-2-1 zone press. he was just slightly awkward enough to not be trusted running around defensively for 25 minutes. he’d have thrown up too much.

I say keep it 10 rounds and if someone wants a walk on they can just use a pick on it.

Otherwise you're handing the people picking early in the last round a major advantage, even if it's emotional.

I say keep it 10 rounds and if someone wants a walk on they can just use a pick on it.

Otherwise you're handing the people picking early in the last round a major advantage, even if it's emotional.
between 10 and 12, 11 seems the most fair.

I guess I’m gonna go ahead & grab another wing to pair with Mercer before he’s gone bc I can’t believe he’s still on the board. But, I need another ultra-athletic wing who can rebound & score from anywhere. Give me Kelenna Azubuike.

@drcats2013 you’re on center stage
i hate you. the guy would have been my perfect replacement at g/f. already decided i was taking him 6th for sure after my pf next round. i’ll have to adjust.

tubby’s defense didn’t come out too far. but you never saw anyone physically beat us on his side of the court. the guy is as underrated as it gets imo.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I’ll take the all time UK shot blocking leader, and a player that nearly averaged a double double his senior season to fill my center position. One of the toughest, hard-nosed players to ever play at UK. Give me Jamal Magloire
D**** you hahaha. Magloire was my answer for waiting at C. Was hoping he’d stick around

I’ll take the all time UK shot blocking leader, and a player that nearly averaged a double double his senior season to fill my center position. One of the toughest, hard-nosed players to ever play at UK. Give me Jamal Magloire
he’s strong enough to mess with any center in this draft. you need an enforcer. mine is epps lol.

Reactions: drcats2013
i hate you. the guy would have been my perfect replacement at g/f. already decided i was taking him 6th for sure after my pf next round. i’ll have to adjust.

tubby’s defense didn’t come out too far. but you never saw anyone physically beat us on his side of the court. the guy is as underrated as it gets imo.

I think so too. He’s underrated to the point he’s almost forgotten at times. But, he’s a solid shooter & defender & checks all the boxes I’m looking for too. It’s slim pickings at the 2-3 rn so I had to grab him while I could. My last 3 picks have been dictated by supply & demand, lol.

Reactions: hotelblue
Man, good picks, all of em. Aright, I’ll take a 2 time all-SEC player and SEC defensive player of the year who finished his Kentucky career in the top 10 in rebounds, steals, and blocked shots. And like those posting before me, he could be quite the enforcer.

That’s right, I’m talking about Chuck Hayes

@GoBigBlue712 let’s keep it goin!

Man, good picks, all of em. Aright, I’ll take a 2 time all-SEC player and SEC defensive player of the year who finished his Kentucky career in the top 10 in rebounds, steals, and blocked shots. And like those posting before me, he could be quite the enforcer.

Probably my favorite all time cat.

Reactions: jrpross

He was one of a handful of PF I hoped would come back. I knew better.

Wow. We're almost 50 picks and there's still an All-American on the board. Going back in time a little but this guy is gonna be interchangeable with AD at the 4/5 position.

I'll take Rick Robey with the last pick of round 4.

I'll be back in a few with my next pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT