ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

My team already has a prince, so why not add more star-power, royalty? Give me King Rex Chapman.

I REALLY wanted to pair him with Mercer but got nervous about passing on a big. I was hoping y’all were some of the guys who hate him & wouldn’t draft him out of spite & he’d make it one more round. He’s another one who should’ve been picked by now & that’s why I had so much hope in the hate, lol. Good pick.

Reactions: drcats2013
I REALLY wanted to pair him with Mercer but got nervous about passing on a big. I was hoping y’all were some of the guys who hate him & wouldn’t draft him out of spite & he’d make it one more round. He’s another one who should’ve been picked by now & that’s why I had so much hope in the hate, lol. Good pick.
I hope the hate for him doesn’t punish me. Having a middle pick was depressing when I saw it, but I couldn’t be happier coming out with Prince and Rex first two picks

Reactions: jwhite123
That’s exactly why I took Mercer with my first pick. Prince, K Walker & Mash were already gone & that was easily the position with the least depth.
Those kind of guys are a premium in this type of thing, exactly why I went Walker at pick 9. I agree I thought Towns would go top 10. I have a certain team I want to build but I almost changed my whole plan once Towns was still on the board. Stuck with Ulis

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I hope the hate for him doesn’t punish me. Having a middle pick was depressing when I saw it, but I couldn’t be happier coming out with Prince and Rex first two picks

It worried me too. And it’s stupid. He might be the best 2 we’ve ever had. I also worry that ppl will only remember post-injury, draft “bust” Sam Bowie.

Those kind of guys are a premium in this type of thing, exactly why I went Walker at pick 9. I agree I thought Towns would go top 10. I have a certain team I want to build but I almost changed my whole plan once Towns was still on the board. Stuck with Ulis
good for you. i hope we all get teams we want and don’t have to draft defensively. like you my goal is to have a certain type of team not necessarily a certain caliber at each position.

It worried me too. And it’s stupid. He might be the best 2 we’ve ever had. I also worry that ppl will only remember post-injury, draft “bust” Sam Bowie.
Bowie as a draft bust kills me. May as well call Len Bias a bust as well. Without injury, from all I’ve gathered, Sam would have been an absolute star, and at his best at UK, he was as good as any Big we’ve had. Will definitely be interesting to see how the voters view him.

From the beginning I had been planning on taking one of the top level SFs if they were available at 7 but I couldn’t believe KAT was still on the board & had to convince myself to stick with Mercer, lol.

Draft is moving decently today. Just a heads up I'm going to be moving to 4 hours starting tomorrow at 9 EST.

Bowie as a draft bust kills me. May as well call Len Bias a bust as well. Without injury, from all I’ve gathered, Sam would have been an absolute star, and at his best at UK, he was as good as any Big we’ve had. Will definitely be interesting to see how the voters view him.

He was unreal & could do it all. One of my all-time favorites. Rex too. Great shot blocker & rebounder. Long & athletic with elite ball skills for a big. He was a very good passer & just had a nice feel for the game. He definitely had HOF potential, IMO. It was devastating losing him for 2 years. But, he was still good enough to outplay Olajuwon in 84. He was like AD & could totally dominate a game without scoring a point. The real deal, for sure.

This draft is so much different than the NBA ones I do. I honestly couldn't tell you who is the favorite right now.

Vote will come down to voters age, UK accomplishments, popularity and team structure. In one of those 4 orders.
i’m playing to the strategy quadrant myself. always have in these. hopefully who i’m paired with will want to talk strategy. that’s what i hope for because it’s fun to me. besides nothing’s looks or feels better than making great points or questions while your opponent’s vote total continues to climb.

i’m playing to the strategy quadrant myself. always have in these. hopefully who i’m paired with will want to talk strategy. that’s what i hope for because it’s fun to me. besides nothing’s looks or feels better than making great points or questions while your opponent’s vote total continues to climb.

For sure. What makes these things fun are the debates. Whether you win or lose you put your best foot forward.

The biggest issues I've seen with these contests is voters vote for the GOAT no matter the team construction. Going to poke a bit of fun at @GonzoCat90 think he got a few victorious off MJ and Lebron in our first few drafts. I hope Anthony Davis isn't a one way ticket to the championship.. as is March Madness anything could happen

we should allow ourselves to pick our roster starters and key bench players according to our matchup, before the polls open. what do you all think? obviously you could guess something wrong but the strength and weaknesses of your opponent should be mostly evident. just thinking outside the box for giggles. you know technology will allow us to be able to have a simulation with half time adjustments lol.

we should allow ourselves to pick our roster starters and key bench players according to our matchup, before the polls open. what do you all think? obviously you could guess something wrong but the strength and weaknesses of your opponent should be mostly evident. just thinking outside the box for giggles. you know technology will allow us to be able to have a simulation with half time adjustments lol.

I'm not sure how we could arrange that.. but I've encouraged open discussion on roster construction and how they would play a certain opponent. It comes down to whether or not the voter wants to read the debate....

Although starting 5 shouldn't change that often though you would think and I'm not sure how much it would affect the votes.

Reactions: hotelblue
For sure. What makes these things fun are the debates. Whether you win or lose you put your best foot forward.

The biggest issues I've seen with these contests is voters vote for the GOAT no matter the team construction. Going to poke a bit of fun at @GonzoCat90 think he got a few victorious off MJ and Lebron in our first few drafts. I hope Anthony Davis isn't a one way ticket to the championship.. as is March Madness anything could happen
AD ain't gonna win this title. 1st pick in a snake draft is the worst spot.

the key subs is probably pointless as well. my team would be running 10 guys at least lol. but starters says something right?

Draft is moving decently today. Just a heads up I'm going to be moving to 4 hours starting tomorrow at 9 EST.
What about overnight? I've gotta hit the bed soon. If Yay picks at midnight, I'm gonna be in the bed until the morning.

AD ain't gonna win this title. 1st pick in a snake draft is the worst spot.

I've seen MJ and Lebron win titles on these drafts with.. meh teams. You never know. Some people give the Goat's extra points regardless of team construction.

Reactions: 420grover
I'm not sure how we could arrange that.. but I've encouraged open discussion on roster construction and how they would play a certain opponent. It comes down to whether or not the voter wants to read the debate....

Although starting 5 shouldn't change that often though you would think and I'm not sure how much it would affect the votes.
it also make a more competitive ending. a couple here are bound to find the dynamic of their team changing as it goes along. i’ve had that happen to me anyway. and then when they announce a change in their lineup it doesn’t really show at the end. the lists show the order of each guys draft instead of a designated starting five which would tell voters a lot about what you’re trying to do with your team. and if this changed per round it’d also show how you’re trying to attack or slow down your opponent. i’m easy i just throw out ideas in the case where one could make this more fun or accurate.

Reactions: DraftCat
I have two guys that are perfect for my next pick. If both get taken, I will torn between like 6 people, making the decision much, much harder.
Thats where i stand right now. Really didnt want to take Rondo but had to lock up a point guard so i kinda forced my hand. Theres a player a really wanted but couldnt justify taking them and i know theyll be gone very shortly after my pick if not by grover. I know who im taking tho when im back up

Thats where i stand right now. Really didnt want to take Rondo but had to lock up a point guard so i kinda forced my hand. Theres a player a really wanted but couldnt justify taking them and i know theyll be gone very shortly after my pick if not by grover. I know who im taking tho when im back up
Probably one of the guys I’m wanting lol. It’s a pipe dream that one of them make it back to me.

I have two guys that are perfect for my next pick. If both get taken, I will be torn between like 6 people, making the decision much, much harder.

Also, Grover was around about an hour ago. I guess he just didn’t notice he was up @420grover
Just a quick check-in, I had to take my mom to the doctor. I've been going back and forth in my head on the drive trying to decide which way to go. Since most of the great wing players are gone, I'm gonna need somebody to put the clamps on them.

I'll take MKG with the 24th pick.

Then I need somebody who can run the show and have some offensive ability.

With the 25th pick, I'll take Brandon Knight.

Just a quick check-in, I had to take my mom to the doctor. I've been going back and forth in my head on the drive trying to decide which way to go. Since most of the great wing players are gone, I'm gonna need somebody to put the clamps on them.

I'll take MKG with the 24th pick.

Then I need somebody who can run the show and have some offensive ability.

With the 25th pick, I'll take Brandon Knight.
Great picks.

Reactions: 420grover
Huh. The guy I almost took in round 2 hasn’t been taken yet. I hope he sticks around for 2 more picks
giphy.gif

Reactions: hotelblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT