ADVERTISEMENT

UK All-Time Draft Playoffs

gonzo has plenty of other options. everyone’s had a tough pick so far. i was indeed asleep earlier, but still spent 20 minutes in deep thought after having my afternoon coffee.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
gonzo has plenty of other options. everyone’s had a tough pick so far. i was indeed asleep earlier, but still spent 20 minutes in deep thought after having my afternoon coffee.
So can I change my pick while Gonzo changes his? Asking for a friend

Alright, let me get a guy to run my second unit (and that we know can get an important bucket in crunch time).

He has three of the top 25 assist totals in a single season. A glue guy floor general that might even grab a sentimental vote or two.

(Also I checked really quick so if he's been drafted just skip me and I'll sort it out when I have more time)

Give me Sean Woods.

Alright, I need a backup, big body bruiser to go behind Magloire in the paint. Now, this guy is not loved lol, and I may be punished, but give me a guy that per 40’d over 4 blocks a game and showed enough in limited play to get drafted first round. Perfect for 10-12 spot minutes a game if needed. I’ll take Daniel Orton

Aright I need a backup wing/forward. And I know one who is a 2-time National Champion. He would provide solid defense, grab a couple rebounds, he averaged 3 assists a game his last 2 years, and while not known for his shooting, you couldn’t leave him open either.

Gimme Allen Edwards.

@GoBigBlue712 you are on the clock

Last edited:
Aright I need a backup wing/forward. And I know one who is a 2-time National Champion. He would provide solid defense, grab a couple rebounds, he averaged 3 assists a game his last 2 years, and while not known for his shooting, you couldn’t leave him open either.

Gimme Allen Edwards.

@GoBigBlue712 you are in the clock
Not going to lie, can’t believe he lasted this long. If Miller had gotten taken I was taking Edwards. He wasn’t the best player here, but he’s a guy who helps win a title. After rewatching the ‘98 run, Edwards was one of my favorite players on that team. Solid pick.

Reactions: jrpross
I live in a world where Briscoe is a coveted pick but not Andrew Harrison, wild.

Gimme Allen Edwards.

@GoBigBlue712 you are in the clock
was on my board this round to back up da. nice pick.

I live in a world where Briscoe is a coveted pick but not Andrew Harrison, wild.
While Andrew had much more success in regards to team accomplishments, individually, at least statistically speaking, he was inferior to Briscoe. Andrew was a career 37% shooter, which is atrocious for two years. Briscoe was at 45%. They also had an identical assist to turnover ratio. Briscoe a much better rebounder.

This guy sacrificed being on the greatest Kentucky team of all-time for the better of the program and was one injury away from being a critical cog in our 2nd straight title. Versatile wing who could score (at 42% from 3 pt range senior year), rebound, and distribute.

Correct me if he's already been picked, but give me Jared Prickett.

You're up, @YaySports

Reactions: jrpross
Ill take a guy who was a little bit of a mixed bag in his time here but was one of the most physical specimens out there. Could stretch when needed to. Could throw his body around and was a good defender. Fits the mold of how my teams being built. He also balled on Duke. His name is Alex Poythress.

@420grover youre up for the daily double

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
While Andrew had much more success in regards to team accomplishments, individually, at least statistically speaking, he was inferior to Briscoe. Andrew was a career 37% shooter, which is atrocious for two years. Briscoe was at 45%. They also had an identical assist to turnover ratio. Briscoe a much better rebounder.

I think this a bit unfair to Andrew. Isaiah played off-ball as a third guard, which lends itself to better shooting opportunities and rebounding. Andrew also bore a lot more pressure than Isaiah ever did, leading those two teams expected to go undefeated from the outset of their seasons.

I don't like talking bad about players, so I won't say much more. And this is a very unpopular opinion, but I don't think we go undefeated with Ulis at the helm in 2015 either. And that's not a knock on Ulis. That team needed a true quality wing who could penetrate the paint and a selfless emotional leader more than it needed to upgrade its two guards. Put MKG on that team and they don't lose in 1,000 games.

I think this a bit unfair to Andrew. Isaiah played off-ball as a third guard, which lends itself to better shooting opportunities and rebounding. Andrew also bore a lot more pressure than Isaiah ever did, leading those two teams expected to go undefeated from the outset of their seasons.

I don't like talking bad about players, so I won't say much more. And this is a very unpopular opinion, but I don't think we go undefeated with Ulis at the helm in 2015 either. And that's not a knock on Ulis. That team needed a true quality wing who could penetrate the paint and a selfless emotional leader more than it needed to upgrade its two guards. Put MKG on that team and they don't lose in 1,000 games.
What was unfair to Andrew? I only spoke of true statistics. Statistically speaking, Briscoe out performed Andrew. Stats don’t tell the whole story however, and I never said I’d take Briscoe over Andrew; and in fact, I would not. My comment was simply in reference to the one stating how wild it was that the pick of Briscoe at this juncture was applauded, while the one for Andrew was not. For me, it simply wasn’t noticed, but was equally a good pick at this stage.

What was unfair to Andrew? I only spoke of true statistics. Statistically speaking, Briscoe out performed Andrew. Stats don’t tell the whole story however, and I never said I’d take Briscoe over Andrew; and in fact, I would not. My comment was simply in reference to the one stating how wild it was that the pick of Briscoe at this juncture was applauded, while the one for Andrew was not. For me, it simply wasn’t noticed, but was equally a good pick at this stage.

I think we agree, as you said, that statistics didn’t tell the whole story. I always feel a bit for the Harrison twins, they got plenty of heat the whole time they were here. Many times for having resting pout faces, like they could help how their faces looked smh.

Reactions: drcats2013
Alright. I guess i shall pull the trigger. I had to do some research on this guy which was funny bc there was a random thread a few years ago titled Jeff Brassow. Really good shooter from early 90’s who seemed to have his potential fall shorter than it should have a due to injury but that didnt hurt his ability to shoot from 3. Thats who im selecting is Mr Brassow.

I'm pretty confident this is the only guy left in the draft who averaged a double-double for a season. Yet willing to take on the elite 2nd option center role in his varsity years for Rick Robey, he will do great on my team along Big Nick. Give me Mike Phillips, may his UK-beloved memory rest in peace.

You're up, @GoBigBlue712

Reactions: GoBigBlue712
For my next pick, I select one of the last few guys remaining in this draft that can call himself a national champion, and shot a solid 56.9% his senior year. James Lee.

@jrpross your turn again

Aright, I kinda agonized over this one. It was between 2 guys and the other might have the overall better resumé but I had to go with my heart.

This guy fits my team well. He’s a Kentucky Boy, 6’9”, could play either forward position. He averaged 9 rebounds per 40 minutes, and when he got hot from outside, he could end up going off for an unexpected 18 points or so.

Oh and he could do this

I’ll take the Bullitt county bomber, Derek Willis.

Edit: almost forgot.... @drcats2013 make us proud

Last edited:
Ok @jrpross, I’m going to try. I need a shooter, and one more big guy, so why not add both just like you did? This pick is a national champion and perfect for the role I’ll be using him for off the bench, just like in 2012. I’ll take the 40% 3 point shooter while at UK, Kyle Wiltjer. @JHannibalSmith you’re up, Dr. Lecter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT