ADVERTISEMENT

UGA In Trouble?

Since when has the NCAA ever passed down a judgment that hurts anyone? Here in the past several years the NCAA won’t do anything to any of their big cash makers.

But in reality it shouldn’t be too hard to convince a average kid to play at UGA so not sure why they’d need to violate any rules. GA could field one of the better teams just off kids in GA who dream to play for the bulldogs. It’s not exactly the same as little ole KY, who until recently were about as far down in the cellar as you can be.

Since when has the NCAA ever passed down a judgment that hurts anyone? Here in the past several years the NCAA won’t do anything to any of their big cash makers.

But in reality it shouldn’t be too hard to convince a average kid to play at UGA so not sure why they’d need to violate any rules. GA could field one of the better teams just off kids in GA who dream to play for the bulldogs. It’s not exactly the same as little ole KY, who until recently were about as far down in the cellar as you can be.
Troll much? Not sure how you got from the OP to a gratuitous reference to UK football's less than stellar history. Seriously... are you going to tell me you are a UK fan?

If you're a Cat, try living for today.

Troll much? Not sure how you got from the OP to a gratuitous reference to UK football's less than stellar history. Seriously... are you going to tell me you are a UK fan?

If you're a Cat, try living for today.
Sensitive much? Are you a UK fan?
I watched every game through the good and the bad. Facts remain.

It’s a lot easier to convince kids to go to UGA because of their success, and instate talent helps them a lot GA produces a silly amount of talent. Look at the GA state ranks 4-5 stars galore and even on a national scale mostly all recruits listen to UGA when they walk in. Now compare that to Kentucky…./ Maybe a 4 star or two and a handful of 3 stars in each class.
Not really hard to figure out who has the easier path. It wasn’t a slight at UK more of the opposite, it’s amazing to be able to even compete much less be in a position to make noise.
It was more of a remark at why in the world would UGA cheat when they don’t need to reference. Now take your butt hurt ass on somewhere K thanks.
Sorry that speaking to the history and how things used to be gets your panties in a wad. Guess that makes me not a fan because I remember when just making the music city bowl was a highlight….

Block trolls, makes the site more enjoyable

Zero percent ncaa is looking at anybody or going to do jack squat to anyone ever again. If Knoxville can get away with cheating their asses off but blaming their coach as completely responsible so therefore can be fired for cause and owed $0.00, and faces not even a slap on the wrist- then ncaa recruiting investigations and school punishments are done, never happening again. Ncaa recruiting investigations and severe punishments like bowl bans and scholarship reductions and visit limits will soon be looked at like such moronic decisions, like team death penalties.

Last edited:
Sensitive much? Are you a UK fan?
I watched every game through the good and the bad. Facts remain.

It’s a lot easier to convince kids to go to UGA because of their success, and instate talent helps them a lot GA produces a silly amount of talent. Look at the GA state ranks 4-5 stars galore and even on a national scale mostly all recruits listen to UGA when they walk in. Now compare that to Kentucky…./ Maybe a 4 star or two and a handful of 3 stars in each class.
Not really hard to figure out who has the easier path. It wasn’t a slight at UK more of the opposite, it’s amazing to be able to even compete much less be in a position to make noise.
It was more of a remark at why in the world would UGA cheat when they don’t need to reference. Now take your butt hurt ass on somewhere K thanks.
It's not about sensitivity. It's about negativity. Yours. I'm not butt hurt about anything. I just get tired of the refrain of,"Boy, we really used to suck. No getting past that, right?" I've watched them all, many firsthand, from Curci to present.

It's not about sensitivity. It's about negativity. Yours. I'm not butt hurt about anything. I just get tired of the refrain of,"Boy, we really used to suck. No getting past that, right?"
I’m not being negative you dim whit. I swear it’s amazing how you can’t gear up those 4 brain cells you have.
I’m giving praise on how good we compete at a natural disadvantage… if you’re not smart enough to understand that, then that’s your problem. Now go on somewhere. Don’t bother replying because this is the end of it. Pull the panties out of your vagina and quit trying to argue. I guess as UK fans the past never happened we’ve always been a top flight team in the SEC in football or whatever you wanna believe.

Regardless on what your brain is smart enough to comprehend, the past did happen and major strides have been made for the better but still not at the level of UGA or Bama. Hell last year we was 7-5 with losses to Vandy and SC. But you’re right we gonna win the natty this year !!!!!! ☺️☺️ It is what it is it doesn’t make me a bad fan. You and Heroes should go make a sunshine baby since all is always so perfect.

This same BS was started last year when UGA won a NC, now his media partner starts again after the 2nd. I don't really know what anyone can do to get in trouble with the NCAA today. It's a castrated organization hoping to hang on to ther gold d n goose another year. A handful of schools are openly buying players and it ignores it, what could UGA possibly be doing to bring the ire of NCAA down?

I think almost any of the teams have folks who will cheat for them. I don’t understand tying UK into the argument. Are you saying we have more incentive to cheat?

This same BS was started last year when UGA won a NC, now his media partner starts again after the 2nd. I don't really know what anyone can do to get in trouble with the NCAA today. It's a castrated organization hoping to hang on to ther gold d n goose another year. A handful of schools are openly buying players and it ignores it, what could UGA possibly be doing to bring the ire of NCAA down?
No oversite. Take TN's baseball coach....gets caught tampering and is suspended. Serves the suspension AND gets the player he was charged with tampering and life goes merrily along. Nobody gives a rat's ass.

The GA story is no story, pure BS.

What's a dim

noun
INFORMAL
noun: dim-wit

1. a stupid or silly person.
    dim·wit
    /ˈdimˌwit/
    noun
    INFORMAL
    noun: dim-wit
    1. a stupid or silly person.
    I put the Oxford dictionary version in case you really didn’t know.
    If you’re using the slight misspelling against me I’ll explain that one by announcing that my wife’s name is Whitney and I call her Dim-whit you know like her name all the time because what’s a couple without slightly offensive nicknames am I right?
    It’s actually hard for me to type dim-wit I had to try that about 4x because I’ve spent the last several years convincing it that I do not actually want the right spelling. So either way you took time out of your day to shoot a offensive reply like I was stupid, so I took the 3 min out of my day to smack you on the bottom and tell you you’ve been a bad kid. Now go away.

Meh. Nothing much here. Even if the violations are serious (and we don’t know they are), it’s probably not going anywhere (nor should it when you look at what everyone else is doing). Tennessee got 18 Level 1 violations (the most serious), and nothing happened.

Reactions: TheBigBlueSpectacle
Meh. Nothing much here. Even if the violations are serious (and we don’t know they are), it’s probably not going anywhere (nor should it when you look at what everyone else is doing). Tennessee got 18 Level 1 violations (the most serious), and nothing happened.

What violations? This guy is basing his claim on UGA recruiting at a high level. UGA wins some battles and loses some battles. A legacy RB, top in the state went to Bama, top player in the state went to Bama, and he claims UGA is committing violations.

They haven’t been punished yet. They gave up numerous scholarships and probably will have to pay money. They also worked with the NCAA. Why should the NCAA punish them harder than LSU or Memphis who fought them?

What violations? This guy is basing his claim on UGA recruiting at a high level. UGA wins some battles and loses some battles. A legacy RB, top in the state went to Bama, top player in the state went to Bama, and he claims UGA is committing violations.
Agree. Should have been more clear & said “allegation of potential violations” (which probably never happened anyway), but IF something did and EVEN IF it were level 1, I don’t care anyway because the NCAA doesn’t. I’m on your side here Grumpy. Chill.

They haven’t been punished yet. They gave up numerous scholarships and probably will have to pay money. They also worked with the NCAA. Why should the NCAA punish them harder than LSU or Memphis who fought them?
Yeah, so pretty much nothing yet. I don’t expect much. Tennessee worked with the NCAA to help fire Pruitt for cause. Smart move on their part.

And I never even said or implied they should be punished AT ALL (they probably should be, but I didn’t say that). I just used them as an example.

Block trolls, makes the site more enjoyable

Zero percent ncaa is looking at anybody or going to do jack squat to anyone ever again. If Knoxville can get away with cheating their asses off but blaming their coach as completely responsible so therefore can be fired for cause and owed $0.00, and faces not even a slap on the wrist- then ncaa recruiting investigations and school punishments are done, never happening again. Ncaa recruiting investigations and severe punishments like bowl bans and scholarship reductions and visit limits will soon be looked at like such moronic decisions, like team death penalties.
Took your advice.

Agree. Should have been more clear & said “allegation of potential violations” (which probably never happened anyway), but IF something did and EVEN IF it were level 1, I don’t care anyway because the NCAA doesn’t. I’m on your side here Grumpy. Chill.

It just irks me when someone like this clown can make a claim without any evidence at all and fans of rival fanbases love it. How hard is it to believe kids want to play for UGA? MO. We have the best defensive staff in the country, 5 first rounders in 22 and 2-4 more in 23 are my proof. Then add 7-8 more defensive players who are drafted. Why is it hard to think defensive recruits want to be a part of that?

What is even a recruiting violation these days? You have schools offering high school kids a million dollars and its all above board now.

I know, same outfit, different reporter, started the same thing last year. 2nd rate site looking for hits because everyone would like it. One proven cheater in SEC now, and he is at AU. He is a low life professionally and his personal life. Right there with Neckbrace Petrino.

Reactions: rupp876
I know, same outfit, different reporter, started the same thing last year. 2nd rate site looking for hits because everyone would like it. One proven cheater in SEC now, and he is at AU. He is a low life professionally and his personal life. Right there with Neckbrace Petrino.
People need to be reminded that Auburn is the most punished program in the SEC largely because they never gave a shit. They were willing to cheat, get caught, be punished and continue on....as long as they won.

TN's ploy was "don't look here, look there." They turned snitching into an art form and the SEC/NCAA showed their appreciation by letting them skate for years. The TN template for cheating is now used by many, many others.

Why would UGA have to resort to tactics that result in violations? Georgia is and continues to be a fertile recruiting ground. Other than maybe Bama, top in-state recruits aren't going to pick the likes of GTech over them or other nearby schools for that matter. Seems like alot of smoke with no fire.

Why would UGA have to resort to tactics that result in violations? Georgia is and continues to be a fertile recruiting ground. Other than maybe Bama, top in-state recruits aren't going to pick the likes of GTech over them or other nearby schools for that matter. Seems like alot of smoke with no fire.

That's not the way it is. Yes lots of great players, but metro Atlanta where most are has lots of alumni from other schools who moved to Atlanta and households are fans of other programs. Now kids around the state is more pro UGA than metro Atlanta is.

GT was a treat on the recruiting trail until Paul Johnson and the triple option landed. He was arrogant turned HS coaches against him and good offensive players wanted no part of that offense. The new coach is working hard to repair relationships with HS coaches. He will start signing some good kids in state, sooner than later

Like I said above, NCAA has been castrated, they are not going to risk hitting anyone with major sanctions. Honestly I have no idea what's going on, Kirby has always been an elite recruiter, after winning two NC why would that change?

I’m not being negative you dim whit. I swear it’s amazing how you can’t gear up those 4 brain cells you have.
I’m giving praise on how good we compete at a natural disadvantage… if you’re not smart enough to understand that, then that’s your problem. Now go on somewhere. Don’t bother replying because this is the end of it. Pull the panties out of your vagina and quit trying to argue. I guess as UK fans the past never happened we’ve always been a top flight team in the SEC in football or whatever you wanna believe.

Regardless on what your brain is smart enough to comprehend, the past did happen and major strides have been made for the better but still not at the level of UGA or Bama. Hell last year we was 7-5 with losses to Vandy and SC. But you’re right we gonna win the natty this year !!!!!! ☺️☺️ It is what it is it doesn’t make me a bad fan. You and Heroes should go make a sunshine baby since all is always so perfect.
You mistake arrogance and rudeness for intelligence. Welcome to ignore.

Reactions: Girthang
Yep. Bama has every kid on campus driving around in brand new chargers before nil and its no big deal. UGA or UK has a kid in driving his gf's car and its going to make the ncaa investigate. Every single team cheats or has cheated. It just depends on level of knowledge of the school. UT cheats at the highest level they possible can without getting the death sentence and will still rat out other schools for minor infractions. LOL.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT