ADVERTISEMENT

UGA game

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
Has anybody watched much of UGA? I only watched the UT game where they choked down the stretch. But UGA looks improved, they seem to have athletes and some better shooting than they normally do

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah no worries with UGA at home. They aren't as good as A&M or MSU.

Should be a pretty comfortable 10+ win similar to tonight.

I’ll try to answer. We are improved. Firmly believe that. Mike’s getting the talent back to SEC level slowly but surely. I’m not sure if choking is necessarily it. UT really turned up the heat defensively and we didn’t have an answer for it. They’re still more talented than we are. Knecht went off. It is what it is. We’ve got a couple of shooters finally. Mike’s got us playing pretty solid D. We struggle quite a bit down low. Tchewa’s a big body, but somehow struggles to rebound. He’s got decent touch down low though. Deloach is meh. Anselem-Ibe came in and gave us some good minutes yesterday. Rebounds better and blocked some shots, but not much offensive game. We won’t beat the UK’s, AU’s, UT’s of the league in all likelihood, but want to compete with the A&Ms, OM’s, Arkansas’s, etc and try to sneak into the tourney.

I’ve seen them play a couple times. They’re a lot better than they have been recently. I think the Cats should beat them at Rupp, but it could be close for a half or more. I see UGA anywhere from a 7 seed to an NIT team.

Couple decent bigs, couple shooters. They’re physical. Cats need to come ready to play.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
They’re not bad at all. Much improved. Watched them give South Carolina their first home loss of the season last night.

My old high school coach. I asked him what he though about UGA, since he watches more basketball than anybody I know, and he said UGA is better than both of them
The strange thing about Georgia this year is I can’t name a single player on their team and they’re pretty dang good must mean they play good team basketball. No road losses so this is gonna be a battle. White teams are usually competitive.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I’ll try to answer. We are improved. Firmly believe that. Mike’s getting the talent back to SEC level slowly but surely. I’m not sure if choking is necessarily it. UT really turned up the heat defensively and we didn’t have an answer for it. They’re still more talented than we are. Knecht went off. It is what it is. We’ve got a couple of shooters finally. Mike’s got us playing pretty solid D. We struggle quite a bit down low. Tchewa’s a big body, but somehow struggles to rebound. He’s got decent touch down low though. Deloach is meh. Anselem-Ibe came in and gave us some good minutes yesterday. Rebounds better and blocked some shots, but not much offensive game. We won’t beat the UK’s, AU’s, UT’s of the league in all likelihood, but want to compete with the A&Ms, OM’s, Arkansas’s, etc and try to sneak into the tourney.

Thanks for sharing.

White has lost most of the main team from last year for better or worse. Abdur-Rahim is finally playing at an All-SEC level. They have a couple good transfers too in Thomasson from Niagara and Melendez from Illinois. Also he hit well with freshmen Demary and Cain.

We match up well with them. They are a big 3pt shooting team and 2nd behind us in conference in 3PT%.

UGA lost to Oregon, Providence, and Miami, but has beaten Wake Forest, Florida St, and Georgia Tech from the ACC. With wins over Mizzou, Arkansas, and now South Carolina, that's a nice resume honestly.

Thanks for sharing.

White has lost most of the main team from last year for better or worse. Abdur-Rahim is finally playing at an All-SEC level. They have a couple good transfers too in Thomasson from Niagara and Melendez from Illinois. Also he hit well with freshmen Demary and Cain.

We match up well with them. They are a big 3pt shooting team and 2nd behind us in conference in 3PT%.

UGA lost to Oregon, Providence, and Miami, but has beaten Wake Forest, Florida St, and Georgia Tech from the ACC. With wins over Mizzou, Arkansas, and now South Carolina, that's a nice resume honestly.
Demary is going to be my favorite. 6’4”-6’5”, probably 210 lbs. Freshman PG. Plays an aggressive style game and can really body. Still learning a bunch, but man I think he’s going to be a good one.

Demary is going to be my favorite. 6’4”-6’5”, probably 210 lbs. Freshman PG. Plays an aggressive style game and can really body. Still learning a bunch, but man I think he’s going to be a good one.

With him being projected in the 2nd round of the 2024 draft, you might not want to get attached, haha. Welcome to our world!

One thing Mike White can say to his team is that he came into Rupp Arena and won as a player. Now granted, UGA doesn’t have Keith Carter and Ansu Sesay playing Saturday, but I’m just saying. The UNCW coach beat UK as a player for Gardner-Webb, and his players were not afraid. Having said all this, I don’t see UGA staying within double digits of us. The talent gap is just too wide.

Think we SHOULD be fine, but let's not get it twisted, Georgia is MUCH improved this year- they are a very solid team and should challenge for the NCAA Tournament.

But it's a Saturday in Rupp. Should be a W.

Small side note- it's pretty well-known that Saturday Road games are often times harder than weekday ones. Crowds are rowdier, stands are more full, they have been drinking all day, etc.

Weekday games are more timid- people arrive late coming from work, it's cold Wednesday nights in February, people aren't as fired up, tired from the work day, haven't been drinking all day, less people can make the game at all because it's a work night or school night, etc.

I watched the Arky vs. A&M game on Tuesday night and that place (Arkansas) sounded like a morgue. This is typical for weeknight games in the SEC.

And every single year, out of our 9 road games for Kentucky, FIVE of them (at least) are on Saturdays (sometimes 6), while 4 are during the week (sometimes only 3). Every year, without fail.

This year is no different.

Tennessee only has four road Saturday games. Same with Arkansas, etc.

It's a little thing, but it annoys me for sure.

Think we SHOULD be fine, but let's not get it twisted, Georgia is MUCH improved this year- they are a very solid team and should challenge for the NCAA Tournament.

Small side note- it's pretty well-known that Saturday Road games are often times harder than weekday ones. Crowds are rowdier, stands are more full, they have been drinking all day, etc.

Weekday games are more timid- people arrive late coming from work, it's cold Wednesday nights in February, people aren't as fired up, tired from the work day, haven't been drinking all day, less people can make the game at all because it's a work night or school night, etc.

I watched the Arky vs. A&M game on Tuesday night and that place (Arkansas) sounded like a morgue. This is typical for weeknight games in the SEC.

And every single year, out of our 9 road games for Kentucky, FIVE of them (at least) are on Saturdays (sometimes 6), while 4 are during the week (sometimes only 3). Every year, without fail.

Maybe someone is willing to dig, but I honestly can’t remember us playing at Rupp not on a Saturday.

One thing Mike White can say to his team is that he came into Rupp Arena and won as a player. Now granted, UGA doesn’t have Keith Carter and Ansu Sesay playing Saturday, but I’m just saying. The UNCW coach beat UK as a player for Gardner-Webb, and his players were not afraid. Having said all this, I don’t see UGA staying within double digits of us. The talent gap is just too wide.
The talent gap is a mythological beast. Athletic accomplishment in a team game depends on so many variables that chalk wins are never a given.

Another little thing I’ve noticed is we haven’t gotten the last game of the year in rupp in a while. We have been on the road the last 4-5 years during that last game

With Georgia having access to Atlanta as their backyard I will never understand how they've been as bad as basketball as they have been.

That being said, Mike White is a better coach than Tom Crean so that's something.

Has anybody watched much of UGA? I only watched the UT game where they choked down the stretch. But UGA looks improved, they seem to have athletes and some better shooting than they normally do
Mike White will have them competitive in the league for sure. They will probably be a 9-10 loss team( They are However 13-4 right now) fighting on the bubble(depending on their good ooc wins.) that said we should absolutely beat them. We should win our next 4 and then we need to be ready for UT. One game at a time but I like our chances the next 4 games.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT