ADVERTISEMENT

Question that needs clarification for me.

susan2361

Sophomore
Apr 22, 2015
I respect you all and your knowledge and view points on basketball and especially UK basketball. So.....

A thought popped in my head and I knew to ask on here because I don't know if there's a rule or not.

Since Cal is gone (YAY!!!!) and is a coach elsewhere (did I say YAY!?!?!), is there a rule or protocol for draft night? I mean would he be there for Rob and Reed even though he's Arkansas' coach now? I don't know but I thought you all might. I know that he didn't help them as much to get there as he likes to think he did, and take credit for it.

I just wondered about the situation, especially since his favorites of DJ and Edwards won't be as high as he expected and Rob and Reed kinda put a wrinkle in his plans.

It doesn't bother me, but the thought did cross my mind about watching the draft this year specifically for Rob and Reed and to see where they go because I really did enjoy watching them play. I just don't want to watch him falling over himself or breaking an arm when he pats himself on the back.

So is there a rule or ethical guidelines about something like this? Thanks in advance for answers and opinions.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

I respect you all and your knowledge and view points on basketball and especially UK basketball. So.....

A thought popped in my head and I knew to ask on here because I don't know if there's a rule or not.

Since Cal is gone (YAY!!!!) and is a coach elsewhere (did I say YAY!?!?!), is there a rule or protocol for draft night? I mean would he be there for Rob and Reed even though he's Arkansas' coach now? I don't know but I thought you all might. I know that he didn't help them as much to get there as he likes to think he did, and take credit for it.

I just wondered about the situation, especially since his favorites of DJ and Edwards won't be as high as he expected and Rob and Reed kinda put a wrinkle in his plans.

It doesn't bother me, but the thought did cross my mind about watching the draft this year specifically for Rob and Reed and to see where they go because I really did enjoy watching them play. I just don't want to watch him falling over himself or breaking an arm when he pats himself on the back.

So is there a rule or ethical guidelines about something like this? Thanks in advance for answers and opinions.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
I don’t think so, he will probably be there. Arkansas already made a video that had nothing but UK players in it for Calipari’s introduction. I’d assume they won’t care if he is there with his players. That’s if the players want him there. To me it seemed like Cal’s decision caught a few of them off guard. I don’t know how Dilly feels about Cal, he may not want him there. I think Reed would though.

I don’t think so, he will probably be there. Arkansas already made a video that had nothing but UK players in it for Calipari’s introduction. I’d assume they won’t care if he is there with his players. That’s if the players want him there. To me it seemed like Cal’s decision caught a few of them off guard. I don’t know how Dilly feels about Cal, he may not want him there. I think Reed would though.
Thanks!😀

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cal has never missed an opportunity to self promote..
TGzHLrx.png

Y’all hate the NBA and the NBA draft yet you still cry about this. LOL Karen, y’all should ask to speak to the NBA draft manager.
Reed was an all time favorite cat amongst many fans this past year. Watching the draft to see where he is selected is not out of the norm. It will be interesting if cal is there if dilly entertains Cal’s presence though. Dilly was also a fan favorite last year and much speculation on how he feels about cal as his coach.

Reactions: susan2361

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
It is, what it is.

Gonna miss watching players like Rob at UK. Top 3 most fun to watch player at UK for me.

If Mitch was smart he'd be there and insert himself. If is doing some heavy lifting.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
We can bash Cal for all of his short comings with the X and O's, but one thing you have to give Cal is his players were prepared for the league. You can say he was getting the best, but so was Duke, Kansas, and North Carolina, but none of those schools/coaches has produced the same amount of players at the next level as he has. I know that is not what he was getting paid for. He should have been spent more time trying to win Championships.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
Cal will be there supporting those guys, because he was their coach. Say what you want about Cal, but he's a good man and cared about his players. I'm glad he's gone myself, but him leaving for Arkansas has nothing to do with being at the draft and hugging it out with Rob and Reed when their names are called. Let's just thank Cal for what he did while he was here and give Pope all the support he needs going forward. Go Cats!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT