ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN?

Crack is a helluva drug...

Ai51gWw.png

CCC should have recieved a pay cut for losing to the football school K-State twice in the NCAAT.

See I’ve only understood that attitude when you’re barely surviving. You just try to do what you can and make it through.

Cal should be freaking thriving. He has little to no money troubles to worry about (surely someone making 9 million an year and doesn’t own a weed eater isn’t worried about rent or food) and he’s at a traditional basketball powerhouse that could give him almost everything he wants.

There’s ZERO excuses for Cal to not be successful.
There is one...himself.

Simple… Hurley has his players in position to wins games for UCONN. Cal has his players in position to audition for professional scouts, and draft stock.

There you go! Mitch thought Cal could do both things at the same time, and early in his UK career he had the talent to do it, but as history suggests, that’s simply not the case anymore. I am personally looking forward to the day when UK plays like UCONN, or Kansas, or UNC again.

If I want to watch guys audition for the NBA, I’ll watch the Combine in June.

Saw a crazy UCONN stat a few weeks ago. They’ve lost their first conference game 4 or 5 years in a row!!!

That’s a crazy stat for a good team!

Love all the downplaying of UConn in here. The Huskies would wax UK right now, stop being ignorant.

How many dud thus staff recruit? I'd argue our three leaders right now are a freshman and two Srs. Does UCONN have six guys projected to be nba players, maybe 1st rounders?
I have no idea if UK recruited any of UCONN’s players? But I know what doesn’t matter – how many freshman are projected to be NBA players.

If you want to make a point to me about how bad of a coach Calipari is, then you need to tell about how many All-Conference (and even All-American and NPOTY) players he has had; or maybe how many upperclassmen that were drafted after their sophomore or junior years. Those are the type of players that’ll keep a team knocking on the door year-in-and-year-out. And, yes, UK's two seniors are examples of the kind of guys I'm talking about.

RR is slurping Hurley now. Last year it was Oates and Musselman and Drew. I guess we’ve moved on from sucking them off and it’s Hurley’s turn now
Man has a chance to win back to back titles. That hasn’t been done in 17 years since Donovan pulled it off. We’re approaching a tie for the longest gap in history for that (the longest was the gap between UCLA and Duke in 92- 19 years).

If he pulls it off he’s the best coach in America. Hands down no question.

That’s worthy of praise.

Reactions: UKAlum84
Man has a chance to win back to back titles. That hasn’t been done in 17 years since Donovan pulled it off. We’re approaching a tie for the longest gap in history for that (the longest was the gap between UCLA and Duke in 92- 19 years).

If he pulls it off he’s the best coach in America. Hands down no question.

That’s worthy of praise.
That’s great and all but I’ll wait until he actually does it to go nuts for him instead of him just “having a chance to do it”.

Every coach that has ever won a title has had a chance to win back to back titles.

Watching UConn/Xavier. They start 2 sophomores, a freshman and 2 Srs. Look terrific. Does anyone know how many of these kids did UK'S staff recruit. They look very much like a serious contender to win another NC. How's he do it?
Kids. Ha.

Every coach that has ever won a title has had a chance to win back to back titles.
That’s not even remotely true. We didn’t have a prayer in 2013 after the mass exodus and even less so after Nerlens went down.

There’s a difference between a realistic chance and a “chance”. UConn has a realistic chance to repeat. And that should be acknowledged, even if we absolutely hate it (and believe me. I HATE IT).

They may not be juggernauts all the time but what they are is opportunistic. They don’t let bracket collapses go to waste. We’ve done that at least twice.

We have to get back to winning at a high level.

One thing about college ball, timing.

You can be in the middle of the pack and still make a run in march.

8 seed with the harrison twins, who'd a thought we actually had a chance at the final four?

UConn is the best team in the nation, and they are a serious threat to repeat. Especially with clingnan now, UConn will be a even bigger problem
How crazy would it be if UConn took home their 4th national title with three different head coaches in the span that Calipari has been at Kentucky.

Can you imagine what they could do as a program if they had our fanbase, our resources, and our history?

Cal has all those things, and he's taken us to the verge "meh" status the last four years.

8 seed with the harrison twins, who'd a thought we actually had a chance at the final four?
Too true. Those 7 McDonald's All-Americans, two future lottery picks, one future max player and NBA All-Star, three top 20 picks, and seven future NBA players always made me wonder just how in the world we made a Final Four with so little talent.

The question still keeps me up some nights.

Cal is a far better coach than Hurley. Either one of them.

UK is a better team than UConn.

But y’all haters dream one.

I know you had day yesterday.

Maybe your UConn team can make you feel better about posting hate on what you claim to be your team’s website?
Whenever we read your posts, we see something like this:

bEHBYP.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
How crazy would it be if UConn took home their 4th national title with three different head coaches in the span that Calipari has been at Kentucky.

Can you imagine what they could do as a program if they had our fanbase, our resources, and our history?

Cal has all those things, and he's taken us to the verge "meh" status the last four years.
Cal has gotten very stale. It’s kind like you get a craving kick for say Cheetos or ice cream. And for like the next eeek you have some every day because your brain is just craving it. And then at some point you can’t stand to taste them.

That about where we are with Cal. If he can make changes and freshen it up a bit it’s fine. But right now we have a stale bag of Cheetos.

There the favorite to win this year as they should be. They are the best team right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT