ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN?

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Watching UConn/Xavier. They start 2 sophomores, a freshman and 2 Srs. Look terrific. Does anyone know how many of these kids did UK'S staff recruit. They look very much like a serious contender to win another NC. How's he do it?

Reactions: JrandoUK
Watching UConn/Xavier. They start 2 sophomores, a freshman and 2 Srs. Look terrific. Does anyone know how many of these kids did UK'S staff recruit. They look very much like a serious contender to win another NC. How's he do it?
They have bad games as well. Lost by 15 to Seton Hall who is 75th in the NET. In comparison South Carolina is 52nd in NET. They are definitely spanking Xavier but it's not like they are world beaters.

Obviously a step ahead of us currently but even at this moment on a neutral court they probably only beat us 6 out of 10 times.

I don't think Xavier is a very good basketball team. They're 40 in the NET, but they highlight the failures of the NET.

Xavier is 10-9.

Well, it's all about the Quads. They're 2-6 in Quad 1 games. They are 1-2 in Quad 3 games. They are being held up or boosted by virtue of having played 8 Quad 1 games.

But I don't look at a 10-9 team, with a losing record in Quad 1 and Quad 3 games and think: Yup, that's a top 40 team.

It is not the players that are making the difference. All the top schools have talented players.

It doesn't matter who you recruit, you have to coach them up.

UConn is good but Xavier is awful this year. They'll be .500 after this game. And as stated above UConn didn't look very good losing by 15 at Seton Hall or barley escaping iffy Villanova by 1 last time out.

They have bad games as well. Lost by 15 to Seton Hall who is 75th in the NET. In comparison South Carolina is 52nd in NET. They are definitely spanking Xavier but it's not like they are world beaters.

Obviously a step ahead of us currently but even at this moment on a neutral court they probably only beat us 6 out of 10 times.

I’ve got them beating us 56.5% of the time, which is roughly a 2.5 point spread.

The leaders and scoring go-to guys are seniors. The sophomores are good, but not beyond what you would expect from a 2nd year of Burks and one of UK’s Bigs. And the only talented freshman in the starting lineup gets to play loose and free without the unrealistic expectation of having to carry the team and be the go-to guy in his first year at a vastly higher level of play. They also have a some solid depth pieces off the bench, one or more of which might be starting next season, including a 4-star Center who came in as a skinny project and is now a 50lbs. heavier junior that is very important to UCONN. UK has some of that going on this season, too.

We used to get 2 post players involved in screens up at the free throw line......now we might get one but we'd do some cool pick and roll alley oop dunks. I dont know what you call it but it worked a lot.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Cal is a far better coach than Hurley. Either one of them.

UK is a better team than UConn.

But y’all haters dream one.

I know you had day yesterday.

Maybe your UConn team can make you feel better about posting hate on what you claim to be your team’s website?
Do you ever get tired or trolling and saying off the wall shit that is nowhere near true

1. Great coach
2. 2 leading scorers are seniors who transferred in
3. 2 sophomore returners have really improved their game from freshman year
4. Stud freshman (top 10 recruit) is not needed to be their go to player

Cam Spencer played at Loyola (MD) when I worked there. Really good player.

His brother Pat won NPOY in NCAA lacrosse at Loyola and now plays in the G League for the Warriors.l averaging 14.2ppg. Both of the Spencer’s are the great athletes.

Maybe your UConn team can make you feel better about posting hate on what you claim to be your team’s website?
Crack is a helluva drug...

Ai51gWw.png

I don't think Xavier is a very good basketball team. They're 40 in the NET, but they highlight the failures of the NET.

Xavier is 10-9.

Well, it's all about the Quads. They're 2-6 in Quad 1 games. They are 1-2 in Quad 3 games. They are being held up or boosted by virtue of having played 8 Quad 1 games.

But I don't look at a 10-9 team, with a losing record in Quad 1 and Quad 3 games and think: Yup, that's a top 40 team.
A team that is about to be barely .500 should not be anywhere near the Top 50 in any ranking system. The NET is more worthless than usual this season.

Come on man. If you’re gonna be a shill, at least be a good shill. We have issues right now on our squad that need fixing.

A step!? They've won 25% of the last 12 NC with a very good shot at #4 this season.

Last edited:
It's like he just wants to coast along.
See I’ve only understood that attitude when you’re barely surviving. You just try to do what you can and make it through.

Cal should be freaking thriving. He has little to no money troubles to worry about (surely someone making 9 million an year and doesn’t own a weed eater isn’t worried about rent or food) and he’s at a traditional basketball powerhouse that could give him almost everything he wants.

There’s ZERO excuses for Cal to not be successful.

UConn is the best team in the nation and I fully expect them to be in the final four. They usually win it when they get there but hopefully someone can stop them.
If they win it again I think we have to fully admit they’re the new gold standard and a blue blood. I mean they would be dominating women’s and men’s basketball at that point. Maybe we could get Hurley AND their AD.

Starting to see why Jay Wright left. He saw the writing on the wall and decided to leave somewhat on top.

The leaders and scoring go-to guys are seniors. The sophomores are good, but not beyond what you would expect from a 2nd year of Burks and one of UK’s Bigs. And the only talented freshman in the starting lineup gets to play loose and free without the unrealistic expectation of having to carry the team and be the go-to guy in his first year at a vastly higher level of play. They also have a some solid depth pieces off the bench, one or more of which might be starting next season, including a 4-star Center who came in as a skinny project and is now a 50lbs. heavier junior that is very important to UCONN. UK has some of that going on this season, too.
How many dud thus staff recruit? I'd argue our three leaders right now are a freshman and two Srs. Does UCONN have six guys projected to be nba players, maybe 1st rounders?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT