ADVERTISEMENT

Tuff Saban

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
They had a player caught with 1/2 pound of weed, a gun and 7000$ in his car. They are saying he will be reinstated to the team. If Saban is such a disciplinarian how does he let the guy back on the team. Seems to me like Bama is a win at all costs school in FB and BB!!

They had a player caught with 1/2 pound of weed, a gun and 7000$ in his car. They are saying he will be reinstated to the team. If Saban is such a disciplinarian how does he let the guy back on the team. Seems to me like Bama is a win at all costs school in FB and BB!!

Is this recent or the AA LT they had a few years back that said they had worked hard in the heat and deserved a break, and dismisses charges.

All of us have issues we aren't proud of,

Reactions: K_TIME
Saban falls under the silly argument that if we dismiss the player his life will be worse so this is better to keep him within constraints of team vs jettisoned back into world…..yet Bama just wants their talent and when a high rated kid turns out to be not so great…saban has no problem getting them off the roster and back to their old life

Saban is amazing coach but when people act like he’s some kind of wise man on other matters…gibberish. His ranting last year on Texas Am paying guys when he’s buying dudes shows he’s just fine rearranging an argument to fit his narrative

Last edited:
Saban is a disciplinarian. If this kid blew his assignment on a cover 2 call, he'd be running till he puked at 5 am Sunday.

Off the field? Whatever.

Is this recent or the AA LT they had a few years back that said they had worked hard in the heat and deserved a break, and dismisses charges.

I agree it just seems UK dismisses players who other teams looks the other way. I just like an even playing field. Always enjoy your point of view Grumpy.

Reminder, 6 UK players were brought up on bogus BS charges by a UL fan police officer on the Lexington police force, orchestrated by Louisville native frat punks. All 6 had to sit out most of 2021 season & practices, had development harmed, and by now I think all but 1 has transferred out because they were so behind and passed by on depth chart.

We say it all the time, but something like that which is common with UK athletics dealing with Lexington PoPo will never ever occur at the other 13 SEC programs.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He realizes if he's going to continue to win in today's game, he's going to have to tolerate some of this Hoodlum behavior.

If the gun was legal, should be a non issue.
1/2 pound of weed and 7 grand. Just guessing but probably selling weed. Legal some places not sure where he got arrested. Funny in Atlantic City pot is ok to smoke but they have no shops that sell it. A lot of smoking going on on boardwalk. Been a few years ago one of Saban’s players got caught with a stolen gun in car never missed a snap!!

1/2 pound of weed and 7 grand. Just guessing but probably selling weed. Legal some places not sure where he got arrested. Funny in Atlantic City pot is ok to smoke but they have no shops that sell it. A lot of smoking going on on boardwalk. Been a few years ago one of Saban’s players got caught with a stolen gun in car never missed a snap!!

That was the case I was talking about earlier in this thread. Gun had the numbers disfigured, bag of weed in a parking lot at 2 AM. Happened somewhere in Louisiana. Jude threw it out, said they worked too hard to have their careers ruined because of one poor decision.

Reactions: Catluv
I know a 1/2 pound sounds like a lot but in today's world it isn't. I have a few friends that buy it that way, they get a better deal and it is only a 2/3 month supply for them. Michigan being legal has changed the game, at least around Louisville it has.

Blew me away, we were in New York last year. Everywhere we walked we could smell people smoking with one hitters or vape pens. I don't think they have dispensaries yet but it still seemed that no one had any trouble locating it. I googled it because it was so noticeable, anywhere you can smoke cigs it's also legal to smoke weed.

But a 1/2 pound of weed? That's 24, TWENTY FOUR quarter sacks. Sure there was no intent to sell. It was just his personal stash.
Who knows really but yeah it still doesn’t hit my radar.

Food for thought…. In 2025 in Kentucky, stores will be selling weed for a regulated (legal) profit, Then I’m suppose to be outraged when a kid 19-21 sells enough weed so that he can smoke his for free. I can’t get outraged by that.

Who knows really but yeah it still doesn’t hit my radar.

Food for thought…. In 2025 in Kentucky, stores will be selling weed for a regulated (legal) profit, Then I’m suppose to be outraged when a kid 19-21 sells enough weed so that he can smoke his for free. I can’t get outraged by that.
Players need to be held to a higher standard. I get the weed argument but the optics are terrible.

Johnny Boone sold hundreds of pounds of weed. Tyler Childers held a benefit concert in Louisville to help with his legal fees a few years ago. The optics around weed are changing all the time. Crazy but it really is.

He must be a five star or a potential starter. If not, you better believe an example would be made. Haha. Nick is getting too old to just throw away the top talent. Haha.

If the gun was legal, should be a non issue.
I presume carrying money is legal as well? And weed - while I’m not condoning it - is legal in a lot of states now. Is there more to the story? Am I missing something here?

Not trying to ruin anyone but ask Brittany Grinder about weed almost being legal. Probably political but some countries take drugs very serious. Being a UK fan it just seems we really follow the rules a lot of teams seem to let things go that we don’t.

I presume carrying money is legal as well? And weed - while I’m not condoning it - is legal in a lot of states now. Is there more to the story? Am I missing something here?
No, people here are just hypocritical and think that any kid on an opposing team should be kicked off the team when our kids are all innocent until proven guilty. In the times of "cost of attendance" and NIL, a kid having $7000 is not shocking. You might not carry that much cash, but some people do. I know plenty that do, and especially kids that grew up poor, I think they keep their money with them instead of putting it in IRA's or banks. The weed is a non-issue in my mind. They all have, smoke it, and it is legal most everywhere now. If the gun is not legal, that creates a problem. But if legal, he is as allowed to have it as you are. If I was the coach, I would set rules that would prohibit weed and guns. Your team rules can be stricter than the law. But, if you want to build an 85 man roster of good/great football players like Alabama does annually, you have to take all kinds.

Dude had weed. Not a big deal in the grand scheme. It’s not like that Miller kid from their basketball program.
Weed should be legal everywhere. Now the 7k gets a little wonky when you have a pretty large bag of said weed but having some weed shouldn’t even be a ticket worthy offense anymore.

But a 1/2 pound of weed? That's 24, TWENTY FOUR quarter sacks. Sure there was no intent to sell. It was just his personal stash.
Well for context me and the wife smoke together every day. We use roughly 2 oz a week. (We grow) hell yeah for VA where her family lives stepping up to the legal world.
So half pound would last us roughly a month it’s not really that big of a bag. Can have legally 3 plants at her parents property I had one plant last year have 28 ounces so roughly almost 2lb on one plant. Imagine how much comes out of those places where they seize hundreds of plants 😳

Reactions: sieken
And that’s all I meant. If the gun was his, not stolen, serial number intact, it’s a no biggie thing to me.

Reactions: gojvc
I'm not dogging the young man as I'm in the camp that weed should be legal. But it isn't in a lot of states and Alabama is one of them. If you are gonna ride around with that much product, you better know your state laws. His problem is going to be the dreaded "intent to sell". That's where my comment of "bad optics" arises from. That much stuff coupled with the cash and gun doesn't look good.

Reactions: sieken
-Saban cares about winning football games. That's what it has always been about...there is nothing new here. He is no paragon of virtue, just a football coach. His good players have always gotten a pass.

^many folks tend to lionize/deify publicly successful people...it's gross.

Dude had weed. Not a big deal in the grand scheme. It’s not like that Miller kid from their basketball program.
Weed should be legal everywhere. Now the 7k gets a little wonky when you have a pretty large bag of said weed but having some weed shouldn’t even be a ticket worthy offense anymore.

What should or shouldn't be legal isn't in question. At the time that weed was illegal, having a stolen gun with an attemp to alter the serial numbers is illegal. The only thing legal was the cash, not against the law to have 7k on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT