ADVERTISEMENT

Tubby vs. Cal - updated

CatPhight

All-American
Nov 15, 2008
Beaver Lick
The slide continues...stats based on projection of final record of 22-13, which includes
one win and one loss in the SEC-T & NCAA-T

iRwPTqs.png

A friend of mine saw Tubby in Louisville today. Wonder if he might be preparing a homecoming?

Anyone else see at least six losses? Two of those are for sure coming in post season.

Ole Miss
@Auburn
@LSU
Alabama
@Miss State
Arkansas
Vandy
@Tenn
---------------
SEC T
NCAA T
Losing at Auburn, Tenn, Alabama at home is a loss. Toss ups
Miss State
LSU
Ole miss is a loss
Vandy is a win
Arkansas? Win.

• Sad
Reactions: CatPhight
We ran Tubby off for producing much better results. Why is Cal so immune for underperforming?
No one "ran Tubby off". The facts tell the story. OTS flirted with Virginia, USCjr and finally Minnesota, all while still holding the position of UK's head coach. He also failed to tell his team he was leaving. Was he on the hot seat? Yes. Were fans howling for him to be replaced? Yes. But, no one ran him off. He was making good money as head coach (for that time period) and he chose to leave.

no sec, 10+ losses, and possible missed tournament were all squarely on the table after the uf loss. imo if the players don’t quit we will probably make the tournament, but who knows. i definitely see 11 losses.

My REAL turning point on cal was that horrible loss to K State. That’s when I knew we had to change and every year we didn’t meant another year without a title. Wisky was bad but man we had a great team and as bad as it sucks, I was fully behind him at that point.
But something about that elite 8 loss to k state ran all through me. They simply sucked

No one "ran Tubby off". The facts tell the story. OTS flirted with Virginia, USCjr and finally Minnesota, all while still holding the position of UK's head coach. He also failed to tell his team he was leaving. Was he on the hot seat? Yes. Were fans howling for him to be replaced? Yes. But, no one ran him off. He was making good money as head coach (for that time period) and he chose to leave.
He chose to leave because he didn't want to face the heat. The fans were turning on him. The fans have turned on Cal but the greedy SOB won't leave.

Anyone else see at least six losses? Two of those are for sure coming in post season.

Ole Miss
@Auburn
@LSU
Alabama
@Miss State
Arkansas
Vandy
@Tenn
---------------
SEC T
NCAA T
It certainly seems possible. Road games against Auburn and Tennessee feel close to automatic losses right now. Mississippi State is sneaky good at home this year, having already beaten both Auburn and Tennessee there, so that will be a tough game. We stand a better chance against Alabama at home than we would in Tuscaloosa, but their offense against our defense is certainly a scary proposition on paper. Assuming that we don’t win any tournaments, that could very realistically be 6 more losses.

But but what about the first 5 years
That was 9 seasons ago!!!

That Cal has left and we are stuck with the FAT AND LAZY version!!!!

Cal has LOST IT and doesn't have the ability to find it again. Oh, he would LOVE to be able to stick it to all of us "Basketball Benny's" that have been EXACTLY RIGHT about him these past 4 seasons, but he isn't CAPABLE of doing it!!!!

I kept HOPING that he still had it in him to "Prove the world wrong" again, but it is MORE than apparent that he just CAN'T!!!

SAD for UK and Cal.

But but what about the first 5 years
One of them tries to compare Calipari to Rupp the other day. After I mentioned that only 8 teams made the ncaa tournament for the first 11 years and asked how many times Cal would have missed the tournament if it was like that today he shut up pretty quick. How anyone would even try to compare Cal to Rupp is mind boggling anyway.

Ole Miss
@Auburn
@LSU
Alabama
@Miss State
Arkansas
Vandy
@Tenn
---------------
SEC T
NCAA T
After our display today, there isn’t a guaranteed win. Stackhouse evens knows how to run a pick and roll with their bigs. We found Fools Gold

One of them tries to compare Calipari to Rupp the other day. After I mentioned that only 8 teams made the ncaa tournament for the first 11 years and asked how many times Cal would have missed the tournament if it was like that today he shut up pretty quick. How anyone would even try to compare Cal to Rupp is mind boggling anyway.
I had that same conversation with one of our "idiot kid" fans.

You could add at least 2, maybe more titles to Rupp's accomplishments if given the same standard of today's.

I know it's not apples to apples. I KNOW OTS never recruited worth squat BUT, you give OTS and Cal the same team and I pick OTS to win 100 times out of 100. OTS could coach rings around Cal in his sleep...
The SuffoCats would disembowel and neuter Cal in his seat....

Reactions: BBUK
There were some underwhelming regular seasons and an NIT thrown in there too.

Post season is what matters at UK. Through 10 seasons Cal had 4 final fours and Tubby had 1. Tubby was smart enough to leave. Cal is an arrogant price and should have taken the ucla job.

He would be remembered fondly here if he just done that. Same way Tubby seems to be getting a revisionist history from some despite just the 1 final four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT