Nov 30, 2010
a coach with this record?

8–213–13T–14th
14–185–1110th
23–1013–5T–2ndNIT Second Round
17–159–97th
25–1013–5T–3rdNCAA Division I Round of 32
26–815–3Division Round of 32

If not, you just passed up Dan Hurley, the consensus best coach in America right now right before UCONN snatched him up from Rhode Island.

That's the point I'm trying to make. We may have to look for a diamond in the rough ourselves and not shit on everyone who doesn't have a final four to their name.
While I agree....there have also been a TON of guys who had resumes like that who did not make it at a power conference program. Hurley is an exception to the rule.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
While I agree....there have also been a TON of guys who had resumes like that who did not make it at a power conference program. Hurley is an exception to the rule.
Or maybe there's more to choosing a coach than just looking at their previous record, which is what seems to be the litmus test for about half the posters on this board.

Think thats why Mark Pope is a possibility ? under the radar guy , knows our tradition . up and comer
Could be. I don't know. He might or might not be the guy. Better basketball minds than me should probably figure that out. But I'm not going to rule him out just because he hasn't attained a certain level of success at a school where it doesn't ever happen.

Or maybe there's more to choosing a coach than just looking at their previous record, which is what seems to be the litmus test for about half the posters on this board.
Previous record obviously has a ton to do with choosing a coach. The upward trajectory of a program from when they took over to where they are now has a lot to do with it. His success, or lack there of, compared to the history of the program has a lot to do with it too. There are many factors. It worked out for UConn and kudos to them for making that hire. But again, that type of hire in major college basketball has failed more than it has succeeded. It's just a much riskier hire.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT