ADVERTISEMENT

This Win Could Mean More ……

It took a lot of poise from a lot of players, not just Shep.

Of course we still have to tighten things up and play an entire 40 min.. but insuspect this game tonight was worth 2 seed lines when it's all said and done.

IF we can just take care of the next two, the game @Tenn won't matter all that much if we lose.. win 2 in the SECT with a bye and lock in a 4 seed or maybe a 3 seed.

Lose tonight and I think we're capped at a 5, and then, we can easily get moved around for matchup purposes.

Reactions: BCD and HalHR2500
Tonight showed more toughness than we have seen. Against Bama, we had it rolling and played great. Tonight, took several shots to the chin and fought through it to get the win.
I knew we had the kind of game we had against Bama in us. I wasn’t sure we had the grit and toughness that we showed tonight.
Huge win tonight!!

Reactions: MegaBlue05
These are the type of games they’ll see in March. This can go a long way in the confidence department.

Reactions: HCaulfield
Agreed. Behind the whole game, on the road, and Miss St making shots they never make. We could easily have lost that game. Big win!

And honestly.. it was just the team being a little bit better than they were 2 weeks ago.. and a lot better than they were in December.

Aside from some Zone, a little more of BigZ.. this wasn't a coaching win (just like the losses aren't always coaching losses).. it was about the team just finally playing collectively well enough to win a tough road game against a very good opponent.

That's what most of our issues have been all year. Our elite talent has whiffed and we've been playing catchup a little too much longer than we wanted.

These are the type of games they’ll see in March. This can go a long way in the confidence department.
This, this and this. In 2011 we finally won a tough road game the last game of the year art Tennessee and went to a final four.

Reactions: WeWant9
And honestly.. it was just the team being a little bit better than they were 2 weeks ago.. and a lot better than they were in December.

Aside from some Zone, a little more of BigZ.. this wasn't a coaching win (just like the losses aren't always coaching losses).. it was about the team just finally playing collectively well enough to win a tough road game against a very good opponent.

That's what most of our issues have been all year. Our elite talent has whiffed and we've been playing catchup a little too much longer than we wanted.
Completely agree lineski. This was not a win due to "the GOAT" head coach. Please! But it was a game very similar to one we COULD have won in that LSU game. They're improving, and that's big for this team. I'm not sure if there are many teams in the nation who could have won that game in that environment and with Miss St playing the way they played.

MSU was pulling damn miracles out of their asses in that final minute. It was excruciating. The fact Sheppard got us through that (other than the one dumb mistake) was remarkable and something we'll remember.

Reactions: FiveStarCat and BCD
Completely agree lineski. This was not a win due to "the GOAT" head coach. Please! But it was a game very similar to one we COULD have won in that LSU game. They're improving, and that's big for this team. I'm not sure if there are many teams in the nation who could have won that game in that environment and with Miss St playing the way they played.

Exactly. I don't think people realize how coaches and players don't have to play perfect to win games. LSU we just weren't composed enough to win (despite officiating problems that game as well).

We didn't play perfect tonight (although I'd say Reed pretty much did).. but we did enough to win.

This win puts them in a position to still be competing for the regular season crown. On paper, the Cats have the easier schedule. Need some help, but it's still possible. Win them all and see what happens. But my goodness enough with the cardiac endings. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT