ADVERTISEMENT

This was the year

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
All you Cal apologists said wait until he has an old school Cal recruiting class. This class was ranked #1 overall and we had Reeves come back. Folks I am seriously worried we miss the NCAA tournament at this point. Not saying we definitely will but it is at this point crossing my mind with the games still left on our schedule. Most losses at home in a season with the number #1 recruiting class. Nobody can defend this crap at this point. Something has to change. At the end of this disappointing season (after several disappointing seasons in a row) we will lose numerous players to either the draft or transfer. You know it is going to happen as if you can't look at history and learn and see a pattern you are an idiot or a troll who doesn't and never did care about Kentucky Basketball. Period

I was really pumped up preseason for a great season. I shrugged off the UNCW loss as a one off, and after we beat the Gators in Gainesville I was starting to think maybe this team could make it to FF.

Barring a major collapse, I think we still make the tournament but probably won’t make it past the round of 32.

There are 40 million reasons why nothing is likely to change. Pretty scary situation. If things end poorly this season I think UK has to approach Cal about a deal. Whether it is deferred payments or negotiating buyout. Cal is losing some of his most ardent supporters. It will get worse the longer he is here.

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about basketball knows the man has been washed since Bruce Weber and K State sent him packing in the 2018 NCAAT. At that point I wanted him gone. It’s been downhill since and will only continue to get worse.

I unfortunately, was someone who wasnt like defending cal, but just giving him a way longer leash than he deserved. I wish I could make a post and say I was right to give him the benefit of the doubt six straight years. Todays loss wasnt the reason, but I no longer think Cal should stay. You cant be out coached 90 percent of the time in big games and deserve defending. I mean we need more possessions per game, we can score. Why we are not pressing everytime they bring it up the court confuses me. we can literally outrun 99 percent of the teams out there. But coaches know get calipari in a half court offense and slow the pace and you will win. He cant change anything up. stubborn. its sad seriously. watching a lob play that didnt work 1 minute before being ran again... people must of been laughing in that huddle. the lob should be an option... just not your first option lol pathetic

All you Cal apologists said wait until he has an old school Cal recruiting class. This class was ranked #1 overall and we had Reeves come back. Folks I am seriously worried we miss the NCAA tournament at this point. Not saying we definitely will but it is at this point crossing my mind with the games still left on our schedule. Most losses at home in a season with the number #1 recruiting class. Nobody can defend this crap at this point. Something has to change. At the end of this disappointing season (after several disappointing seasons in a row) we will lose numerous players to either the draft or transfer. You know it is going to happen as if you can't look at history and learn and see a pattern you are an idiot or a troll who doesn't and never did care about Kentucky Basketball. Period
Realistically, the program went into freefall after the 2015 loss to Wisconsin. The game has passed Cal by and he is content to count his $$$.

Good thing it’s just basketball

• Haha
Reactions: JesusCal26
Well they aren’t making a run, they may make it but a run isn’t happening
The 2014 and 2011 teams made a run because they could play defense. And they finally learned how to score. This team can score but, has no shred of defense at all. Like there isn't any hope of us suddnely blossoming into a great defensive team the next few weeks. It's over.

The 2014 and 2011 teams made a run because they could play defense. And they finally learned how to score. This team can score but, has no shred of defense at all. Like there isn't any hope of us suddnely blossoming into a great defensive team the next few weeks. It's over.
Agree. I think what happens is they go 20-11. Win a game at the SEC tourney and win a tourney game and lose in the round of 32 again

I have a totally different opinion on next coach (which has come recently as I've slowly losty mind with this team) especially if we flame out (and make a move) in March...which to me, I will say I'm not 100% there yet. Team has talent and talent cand side to override coaching at times.

I digress...for me, if we were to make a bold move and buyout Cal I would want Pitino. He would take pennies to come back here at his age and that is important. A buyout or settlement, whatever it is, will be large sums of money. We leverage Pitino's rebuild (again) and then wait and see what some of these young guys are doing (Golden is an example).

Truth be told we sold our soul for both guys, especially Cal. Do it again...you wanna make a splash and ignite the fan base...that is the answer.

Mitch and Cal have drug us into a quick fix situation here. We cannot afford a BCG hire. Basketball has changed, it isn't 2009. We need a stop gap fixer right now, nothing more. There needs to be strategy and not reaction.

I have a totally different opinion on next coach (which has come recently as I've slowly losty mind with this team) especially if we flame out (and make a move) in March...which to me, I will say I'm not 100% there yet. Team has talent and talent cand side to override coaching at times.

I digress...for me, if we were to make a bold move and buyout Cal I would want Pitino. He would take pennies to come back here at his age and that is important. A buyout or settlement, whatever it is, will be large sums of money. We leverage Pitino's rebuild (again) and then wait and see what some of these young guys are doing (Golden is an example).

Truth be told we sold our soul for both guys, especially Cal. Do it again...you wanna make a splash and ignite the fan base...that is the answer.
Pitino with coach and cal recruiting would actually be a good combo if you think about it

There are 40 million reasons why nothing is likely to change. Pretty scary situation. If things end poorly this season I think UK has to approach Cal about a deal. Whether it is deferred payments or negotiating buyout. Cal is losing some of his most ardent supporters. It will get worse the longer he is here.
Even he can’t be blind enough to see it’s not working and he should step aside. If he doesn’t at that point, he’s actively trying to destroy the program. And with BBN being basketball fans, that’s not gonna fly.

Even he can’t be blind enough to see it’s not working and he should step aside. If he doesn’t at that point, he’s actively trying to destroy the program. And with BBN being basketball fans, that’s not gonna fly.

I don't think he is trying to...

I think your expectations are unrealistic and you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 😅😓
I probably am being honest. If they win tuesday(not counting on it) then I think they get to 20 wins and that gets them in but I am in no way overly confident this happens

UK wont miss the tourney but at some point seeding will be an issue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT