ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a bubble team

FishersBlue

All-American
Feb 9, 2005
As of now our best win is UL at home. No real quality wins at this point...SEC is the best it's been since Cal has been at UK...a frosh team without a lottery pick. With more emphasis on road/neutral wins, we will need to hold court at Rupp and steal some road wins somewhere.

I said this after the loss to UCLA. Kansas is no sure fire high seed either..

Texas A&M won't look as good on paper as it did a week ago.. UF is just average after their inconsistencies...

Luckily it's an up and down year in college basketball... but the lack of big time wins is going to be troublesome..

Unfortunate i think we win tonight if PJ stays in there... but he didn't... next man up was more like next foul out.

Georgia spanked their opponent
LSU took out AandM

We beat two pretty good teams. We will be in but this is not a contending team right now and it’s looking like they won’t be

Reactions: brianpoe
Look at the schedule. Predict this team's conference record. This team may be playing games late in the conference to secure an NCAA bid

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
UK is going to end up in the 5-6 seed range IMO...nowhwere close to bubble team.

TN isn't bad but at home, they opened SEC with 2 losses and had to have this one and refs absolutely screwed UK middle part of game and then our kids unfolded. I'll still see a 12-6 in SEC play

Reactions: brianpoe and CGblue
Good lord. No one except Villanova and MSU are playing good. Everyone said the SEC was gonna be tough and we are gonna lose some games, but when we lose to a good team on the road we may not make the tournament. [roll]OVERREACTION

Reactions: brianpoe and ib4ky
It's a tough L because of the halftime lead, but I don't think this game tells you much. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

U guys are way overestimating this team. Auburn came into Knoxville and played a style and aggressiveness that UT couldnt handle. Yeah, yeah, UT was desperate. Yet they trailed by 8 at the half.

This KY team seems like a poor version of the 2014 team that had an 8'seed.

As of now our best win is UL at home. No real quality wins at this point...SEC is the best it's been since Cal has been at UK...a frosh team without a lottery pick. With more emphasis on road/neutral wins, we will need to hold court at Rupp and steal some road wins somewhere.

I hear what you’re saying, but from the eye test for me, Georgia is our best win. Georgia would kill UofL. Bad match up for the cards.

16 games left. Go 8-0 at home and 4-4 on the road that’s 24-7. The SEC is strong so I think that’s a 3 or 4 seed depending on the SEC tournament. If they start losing at Rupp I’ll get worried.

We have a last-minute home wi against GA and a 3 Pt road win at LSU, neither team will make the tourney. We have no wins at this point against Sure-fire NCAA teams. I think a 10-8 or even 11-7 conference record places us on the bubble depending on other teams.

We have a last-minute home wi against GA and a 3 Pt road win at LSU, neither team will make the tourney. We have no wins at this point against Sure-fire NCAA teams. I think a 10-8 or even 11-7 conference record places us on the bubble depending on other teams.
And both with big wins today.

Reactions: ib4ky
Will be lucky to go 10-6 the rest of the season. That would put us at 22-9 going into SEC tourney.

Probably not on the bubble but not that far from it. 7-9 seed likely for this team unless something major changes.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, the troll thread.

This is a team of freshmen...freshmen. And a couple of sophs who are decent. And it appears none of the frosh are ready to be great at this point. If this roster was any other team in the country then they would have bubble written all over it. Just because they wear KY jerseys doesnt mean they are ready to compete with the top 30 or so teams. It's a roster right now that has some pieces, but not sure they can develop enough in the next couple of months to be considered an NCAA lock

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT