ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a bubble team

Step away from the ledge. This TN team is good. Their court. Players hurt. Re ****ing lax

Everything you said is true, but given recent examples, Kentucky has to be considerably better than their peers to earn the same treatment. So if Duke had our resume, they might be a 5 seed (as an example). For us, that would only get us a 7. It's easy to see how we could slip to that 8/9 range and regardless, that's a place you don't want to be.

RPI is 11 today. The SEC is much better. This is not a bubble team now ... but we do need to get some quality wins over the next 2 months.

Too bad we are blowing a chance to play in Nashville though in the 1st/2nd Rounds.

Reactions: brianpoe
U guys are way overestimating this team. Auburn came into Knoxville and played a style and aggressiveness that UT couldnt handle. Yeah, yeah, UT was desperate. Yet they trailed by 8 at the half.

This KY team seems like a poor version of the 2014 team that had an 8'seed.

With your logic is Duke a bubble team as well after losing to a much worse NC State team by double digits?

Reactions: ib4ky
Everything you said is true, but given recent examples, Kentucky has to be considerably better than their peers to earn the same treatment. So if Duke had our resume, they might be a 5 seed (as an example). For us, that would only get us a 7. It's easy to see how we could slip to that 8/9 range and regardless, that's a place you don't want to be.

I would rather be an 8 than a 5. We start all freshmen right? Last time Cal started 5 freshmen I think we had 9 or 10 losses going into the tourney. We played in the championship game. I trust the process and Cal has never given us a reason not to.

I do agree that we don’t get the same treatment though. If we had Dukes run every year we would have at least one more title.

With your logic is Duke a bubble team as well after losing to a much worse NC State team by double digits?

Duke and UNC don't play the same games we do. We weren't rewarded in the rankings at all for our wins last week, and may drop out entirely after today. UNC and Duke will still sit comfortably in the top 15. Hell, they can move up after losing. They will be given every opportunity to prove themselves and a lot more cushion to make mistakes.

A UT team that had just lost two straight to Arkansas and Auburn. That were seriously outmatched. Yet still found a way to eventually thump us. Yea, let’s all relax and feel good about that.
Enjoy your trolling after a loss. Odds are we won't see you for a while.

Will be lucky to go 10-6 the rest of the season. That would put us at 22-9 going into SEC tourney.

Probably not on the bubble but not that far from it. 7-9 seed likely for this team unless something major changes.
^^^ Pretty much what it's looking like. No way this team gets a win at WVA. But, above all we need to hold serve at home and get a top 4 seed in the SEC tourney so to not have to play an early game.

Lack of effort, No idea how to play defense, No sense of energy, Freshmen Frauds, This act by Coach Cal is getting old, This version is his 2nd worst team and will not win the SEC and will lose double digit games,
Caliperi needs to re-evaulate his recruiting strategy.

Yet l bet you were calm and collected and supportive in 13-14 when we struggled all season before going to the title game with a team full of “aau prima donas”

Reactions: CGblue
Can you chicken littles confine all your freak out "We suck" posts to one thread?

BTW, it's not an act, this is who we are. We're talented, but we're inexperienced, and if something crazy happens like a player go out with an injury, and 2 guys foul out on the road, we'll prolly lose. Learn to enjoy watching this team grow, improve, and fight thru adversity or get off the bandwagon and come back when we're good.

I always enjoy reading these post after a loss. Since the world ends tomorrow good thing I never bothered to save anything. Just wait till next year and the new recruits get here.................

Too early to announce this team as a bubble team. Still have the second half of the season to play, UK needs ten more wins to feel comfortable, 10-6 is more than manageable the second half of the season.

If it’s February and UK has 7 losses entering the month then yes they are on the bubble.

It doesn't matter where we're seeded. We're not going anywhere this year.

As of now our best win is UL at home. No real quality wins at this point...SEC is the best it's been since Cal has been at UK...a frosh team without a lottery pick. With more emphasis on road/neutral wins, we will need to hold court at Rupp and steal some road wins somewhere.

They keep playing like they are now, they will be defeated by Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT.

GBB!!!

Can you chicken littles confine all your freak out "We suck" posts to one thread?

BTW, it's not an act, this is who we are. We're talented, but we're inexperienced, and if something crazy happens like a player go out with an injury, and 2 guys foul out on the road, we'll prolly lose. Learn to enjoy watching this team grow, improve, and fight thru adversity or get off the bandwagon and come back when we're good.
and we had one player hurt that didn't play at all.

Yet l bet you were calm and collected and supportive in 13-14 when we struggled all season before going to the title game with a team full of “aau prima donas”

I enjoyed exactly 3 weeks of the 13-14 season. That’s not what most people want at UK.

I don’t like it and neither do you. I especially don’t like all of Cal’s coach speak much less believe it. But it is true that most all of our problems are due to players having been able to previously excel on talent and athleticism alone. Suddenly work ethic and effort are a major part of success. They think they are working hard but don’t really know what it takes yet. Usually they do figure it out. It just can be ugly at times along the way.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
I for one, can't wait til UK gets back to losing 10-12 games a year w/experienced players.

I'm sick and tired of these Elite Eights and Final Fours.

They're just playing for the name on back not on the front...(except for the first half when they were up 8. They were playing for Kentucky then)

Drivel drive by....

I have to say, many of our players take plays off and appear to be soft and/or lazy. However, Diallo seems to be very selfish, somewhat mouthy and generally has no clue how to play with a team. He's the one that infuriates me.

Are we still “fine”?
yeah-were-doing-just-fine.jpg

Lack of effort, No idea how to play defense, No sense of energy, Freshmen Frauds, This act by Coach Cal is getting old, This version is his 2nd worst team and will not win the SEC and will lose double digit games,
8 years on top of college basketball not good enough? You're a moron.

Unless something absolutely stupid happens we will be in the Tourney.

That's not saying that much. For UK anything short of at least having a reasonable shot at the Final Four is a major down year. After all Tubby made the Elite Eight four times out of eight and he was ran out of town just two years later...and we ended up with Billy "NLT" Gillespie :p

To be completely honest I knew as long as we made the field anything can happen and it's not over till you lose in the NCAAs...and I really did smell blood in the water when we took FL the distance in the SEC final (and FL being supposedly #1 ranked but having so much trouble with TN in the semis).

At least learn how to spell our coaches name before posting such trash moron!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT