ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t good…

Well in fairness if you’re a recruit where would you rather play without blue goggles on if you can’t see why a offensive recruit would flip to TN from the product we have put on the field this year then I don’t know.
I doubt TN is giving a NIL deal atleast not a major one. It’s a product of our O being crap.

Well in fairness if you’re a recruit where would you rather play without blue goggles on if you can’t see why a offensive recruit would flip to TN from the product we have put on the field this year then I don’t know.
I doubt TN is giving a NIL deal atleast not a major one. It’s a product of our O being crap.
Yeah he is not getting a NIL deal, he just wants to play for a decent offense.

Im stunned by the contrast of last year to this year. Something isn’t right and we all know it’s NIL. Well, it is isn’t it?

i think it’s time we get a definitive answer. We all need to flood our AD’s email with questions to what is going on with this NIL stuff. Perhaps he can come out of hiding and address this issue. Set the record straight on where he stands, and if it’s not where the supporters of this program think he should be, apply pressure on him to resign. This is serious gentleman.

Im stunned by the contrast of last year to this year. Something isn’t right and we all know it’s NIL. Well, it is isn’t it?

i think it’s time we get a definitive answer. We all need to flood our AD’s email with questions to what is going on with this NIL stuff. Perhaps he can come out of hiding and address this issue. Set the record straight on where he stands, and if it’s not where the supporters of this program think he should be, apply pressure on him to resign. This is serious gentleman.
That contrast, I fear, is the Wild West aspect of NIL starting to ramp up.

Reactions: Soupbean
When you add together UK's PUTRID NIL effort spearheaded by Mitch's reluctance to let go of the major donors to UK Athletics and Rich Scangerello's HORRIBLE offense, you get what happened tonight.

If Mitch doesn't start ENCOURAGING UK's major contributors AND start recruiting MORE(like Lexmark, UPS, Toyota, Jim Beam, Yum, Churchill Downs, Corvette, etc), UK Football is going to lose all of the progress we've made over these last 5 seasons.

Last edited:
Most people probably don’t even know who runs the ball for UT & Knoxville sucks

Do you think there will come a day where it’s realize the mistake NIL is and it is reversed?
No, because the NCAA didn't do it voluntarily- it was forced by no less than the Supreme Court. Perhaps there could be some form of greater regulation- I don't even know if that would work in a legal sense.

Can anyone explain the disadvantage that we are in with any clarity?

If Mr. Barnhart wants to work for the Baptist faith 3 cheers for him. However if his moral beliefs are getting in the way ,then it’s a must he gets out of the way or on the train. We’ve already had decades of horrible decisions made for this program. If Jim Baker wants to force his koolaid on himself that’s OK,….. but if his opinions place UK football in another disadvantage he’s gotta go. Louisville needs those wholesome morals funneled down their windpipes. We need to build momentum and it’s not done with a millstone around the programs neck.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Probably lose some to transfer too, I an thinking for some reason that Barion Brown will be one unless we get a good QB transfer in.
It’s interesting you say that. There is a guy on another site that swears Barion Brown has been offered a really nice NIL package from 2 opposing teams . I have no idea if the guy is correct. He has been correct on some insider “basketball “ info though .

• Wow
Reactions: kywildcat41086
This is just the beginning and not nil related. This is about the product our offense is putting on the field. This year is a killer bc stoops had been trying to shed the stench Eddie grans offense caused. I think we will have to work like hell to keep some guys as well. I mean barion brown isn’t gonna stay around if he doesn’t feel like he has a qb to get him the ball and an oc to draw up the right plays. Other thing. Who in the hell will want to play qb with this oc? I’m sure someone will and he will be put out there as some great thing but it won’t be what we need. This is a massive problem coming because of this hire. This is the crossroads for stoops of whether he will become a legit coach like bob or fade away like his other brother Mike. He has to move Scangarello out. The OL coach won’t be enough. He also has to hit a hr on his hire who can bring some quality players with him.

It’s interesting you say that. There is a guy on another site that swears Barion Brown has been offered a really nice NIL package from 2 opposing teams . I have no idea if the guy is correct. He has been correct on some insider “basketball “ info though .
Would that be considered tampering, if true? Does that concept still exist?

Reactions: Girthang
Would that be considered tampering, if true? Does that concept still exist?

FSU and Miami have been after our players, was after Amerious Mims before he even enrolled in Jan after signing in DC. Had a big NIL deal ready, he entered portal, returned and took name out of portal, stayed. It's only considered tampering if direct contact between player and 2nd school's staff. Contact can be made through HS coach, parents or just about anyone, except a member of a school's staff in either direction. But once name is in the portal it's like he is an unsigned HS recruit and direct contact is fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT