ADVERTISEMENT

This isn’t good…

What are you talking about, NIL is welcome and going great! Just because Stoops has to talk about it being a hugh problem, all the time, for the last 8 months. Just because we have now one of the worst classes in the SEC and all power 5 football.

Nah, everything is fine, anyone expressing concern is just uninformed on how great this athletic director is doing

Probably lose some to transfer too, I a thinking for some reason that Barion Brown will be one unless we get a good QB transfer in.
Heck, Brown already has a great QB this season. He can’t be too happy with his looks in SEC action this season. We are going to lose Manning, Horsey and maybe Cox from this terrible line and the best RB in school history.

Next season’s offense could be even more chalk board scratching.

Looks like NIL will be the death knell for college football.
Record crowds
Record tv ratings
Record tv contracts
Record coached salaries

NIL is a great for most schools who care about the sport.

It is a death knell for those who are too chicken shit to compete, who are to old and can't adapt to modern times and just want to wish we go back to the way things were.

UK football is being moved to Vandy level, Northwestern level, Georgia Tech level by choice. No one forced us to degrade our young winning tradition build by hard dzmn work. Our AD chose this, period.

Im stunned by the contrast of last year to this year. Something isn’t right and we all know it’s NIL. Well, it is isn’t it?

i think it’s time we get a definitive answer. We all need to flood our AD’s email with questions to what is going on with this NIL stuff. Perhaps he can come out of hiding and address this issue. Set the record straight on where he stands, and if it’s not where the supporters of this program think he should be, apply pressure on him to resign. This is serious gentleman.
Yeah, instead of giving to a collective, flood the ADs email. LOL at these KSR minions.

Record crowds
Record tv ratings
Record tv contracts
Record coached salaries

It is a death knell for those who are too chicken shit to compete, who are to old and can't adapt to modern times and just want to wish we go back to the way things were.

UK football is being moved to Vandy level, Northwestern level, Georgia Tech level by choice. No one forced us to degrade our young winning tradition build by hard dzmn work. Our AD chose this, period.
Vandy hasn't won a conference game in years, we have the longest bowl game winning streak in the country. Despite
KSR sheep talking heads one of the things on not like the other.

When they're not spreading false propaganda, they're disparaging our programs.

Last edited:
Thing is UK lost good commits to teams having great seasons in the past. If this kid is getting something like $45k when UK was offering less that would be nice to know but no one talks NIL specifics so how to know.

Give me that plain reporting that UK could only do $15k but someone else tripled it then that would be nice to know. We’d advance the story instead of arguing the same NIL talking points over and over again.

Reactions: catben
NIL combined with our offense being last in the SEC isn’t exactly promising.
My Hawkeyes lost their second top incoming '23 recruit a couple months ago, Rahael, a RB from Florida, for basically the same reasons you are speculating on with your lost recruit. He saw a bad Iowa offense and knew he should be playing for a much better one-- especially knowing he had great running skills.

But also understand, at least in the B1G conference, NIL deals aren't part of a kid getting up front money before coming to school.

Iowa has had struggles in the NIL arena also.

Thing is UK lost good commits to teams having great seasons in the past. If this kid is getting something like $45k when UK was offering less that would be nice to know but no one talks NIL specifics so how to know.

Give me that plain reporting that UK could only do $15k but someone else tripled it then that would be nice to know. We’d advance the story instead of arguing the same NIL talking points over and over again.
I know the guy who heads up one of Iowa's NIL collectives. He's tuned in quite well on what's happening out there with the recruits/NIL.

He says the 5* kids are being promised money often times up front to come to a school. However, the huge majority are not. Instead, coaches talk with those recruits about their NIL possibilities once they arrive to campus.

Didn't Keith commit without visiting, I'm not sure, but if he did, that was the first sign to me it might not stick. I don't think it's much of a loss.

NIL combined with our offense being last in the SEC isn’t exactly promising.
You know we can sugar coat this till hell freezes over , but this is a direct reflection of the type of offense Coach Stoops is going to have come hell or high water. Just have to live with it .

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Yeah, instead of giving to a collective, flood the ADs email. LOL at these KSR minions.
Why would any one give money to a collective when it’s apparently not being used correctly? But hey, if we’re not getting recruits simply because our collectives don’t have any money, then Mitch needs to state as much. Because it seems a lot of it”s not an issue of collecting money, but rather an issue of when and how to distribute said money once collected.

One, not collecting enough money, can be fixed. While the other, not using the money in a competitive manner, is a little more problematic. Regardless, clarification on this issue from Mitch would be nice.

Last edited:
Can't say that I'm terribly surprised. Between our struggles with adequate NIL funding and a lethargic offense, I can see why an athletically talented young man would entertain other offers.

Hope this doesn't start a wave of de-commits.... we'll see....

Last edited:
Reactions: Greezy Kreek
I know the guy who heads up one of Iowa's NIL collectives. He's tuned in quite well on what's happening out there with the recruits/NIL.

He says the 5* kids are being promised money often times up front to come to a school. However, the huge majority are not. Instead, coaches talk with those recruits about their NIL possibilities once they arrive to campus.
I’ve read similar from national reporters towards the end of last cycle. Five star DL and QBs were going for six figures up front.

To take my original point further, I’d like to better understand the going rate for a high three star RB or OG.

Can't say that I'm terribly surprised. Between our struggles with adequate NIL funding and a lethargic offense, I can see why a athletically talented young man would entertain other offers.

Hope this doesn't start a wave of de-commits.... we'll see....
Don't know about a "wave" of decommits but could be more like a "ripple." There's not much left.

As far as the latest decomitt, we have a guy, a RB, turning his back on a school who has produced two 3000+ career rushers in the last 5 years to possibly sign with a school with a gimmicky passing offense. All righty then.

We all hear different things.

A national recruiting analyst on one of these sites told me over the summer every kid in the top 150, all 5 AND 4 stars were requiring promises of money, up front. And plenty of top line 3 stars, who have lots of power 5 school offers, were operating like this as well.

2022 is pay for play. Period. Eithet chose to play, or chose to become Vandy or Northwestern or Stanford. Sadly we can see the path our AD choses. While not giving us a break in parking & ticket prices.

Reactions: UKortho and catben
We all hear different things.

A national recruiting analyst on one of these sites told me over the summer every kid in the top 150, all 5 AND 4 stars were requiring promises of money, up front. And plenty of top line 3 stars, who have lots of power 5 school offers, were operating like this as well.

2022 is pay for play. Period. Eithet chose to play, or chose to become Vandy or Northwestern or Stanford. Sadly we can see the path our AD choses. While not giving us a break in parking & ticket prices.
I agree, we are hearing very different stories. Maybe it can vary in what's going on or maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Again, the Iowa situation with NIL is identical as it relates to the support shown by the AD on the public front.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Totally understand you wanting to be informed. but ain't no way private deals between a hs kid & a business or association not affiliated with a University are gonna be public knowledge.

Knoxville did a press story with The Athletic 6 months ago about giving a HS 5 * QB $8mil to brag and announce they were willing to do anything to compete. Telling that story was public relations stunt.

Reactions: yoshukai and catben
My Hawkeyes lost their second top incoming '23 recruit a couple months ago, Rahael, a RB from Florida, for basically the same reasons you are speculating on with your lost recruit. He saw a bad Iowa offense and knew he should be playing for a much better one-- especially knowing he had great running skills.

But also understand, at least in the B1G conference, NIL deals aren't part of a kid getting up front money before coming to school.

Iowa has had struggles in the NIL arena also.

I don't think it's a run-a-way train nationwide either. The 2 big Texas schools, Louisville, Miami are all in and buying kids, UTjr bought a QB for 23 class. But for the most part no one is getting life altering money. UGA is using it on current players, not recruits. But will likely hit the portal for a RB this cycle. We have 3 eligible to leave, not sure why a couple would, but understand them wanting to get paid. That would leave us with 3, one coming back from ACL surgery and a true frosh.

Reactions: rucker4

Side glance at Michigan State, lol .

I agree, we are hearing very different stories. Maybe it can vary in what's going on or maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Again, the Iowa situation with NIL is identical as it relates to the support shown by the AD on the public front.
Heres where the truth lies . Some schools (apparently Iowa and UK) are applying it one way , while other schools ( UL , Tennessee , Michigan St) are applying it another way.

As far as the latest decomitt, we have a guy, a RB, turning his back on a school who has produced two 3000+ career rushers in the last 5 years to possibly sign with a school with a gimmicky passing offense. All righty then.
Why does that matter more than cash up front? It doesn't in 2022 to hs kids. nor does being a winning program or having a good culture or a string of bowl appearances year after year.

As frustrating as this is for us UK fans, can you imagine how Stoops and Marrow feel??? Bust their asses for 10 yrs to create a winning SEC program, a family culture, a development tradition that gets guys drafted.

Now, all going away, because none of the stuff they have established matter anymore. Cash, up front, in hand. All the top HS recruits care about, and we ain't competing.

Reactions: dailydouble
Yet, Mitch sits behind the Iron Curtain MIA while all around him goes to hell!
Because people like @WestWorld aren't few and far between. We have farrrr too many of these kinds of fans protecting and swearing by this dude. He is going to ruin everything and he doesn't care because at this moment he has nothing to be afraid of.

I will cancel season tickets. Cancel any donation and refuse to come to any event if this continues. I used to call people dumb for doing this but this CAN NOT continue. Something needs to be done SOON.

Because people like @WestWorld aren't few and far between. We have farrrr too many of these kinds of fans protecting and swearing by this dude. He is going to ruin everything and he doesn't care because at this moment he has nothing to be afraid of.
d84giphy.gif

Maybe you should step away for awhile...

every year we have kids flip, every year our fans blame someone or talk trash about the kids on this board and the reality is, that this is just par for the course in college football. It always amazes me that when we flip someone its because we did something good, but when a kid decommits its our fault or their wrong. I am not saying coaches and on the field results don't play a part for some, but it really gets old seeing everyone just jump to blaming someone or being negative when this happens all the time for all programs. It seems its hard for others to believe, but sometimes kids just change their minds or are more excited about other places. They commit in case other choices do not offer, at the end of the day its a business decision and their life

Last edited:
Reactions: WestWorld
Treating what is happening in UK recruiting as normal, as the same thing that happens every year is called "whistling past the graveyard"

Where is our '23 class as compared to the SEC?
Compared to all power 5?

Early signing day ain't that far away folks

Reactions: catben
Record crowds
Record tv ratings
Record tv contracts
Record coached salaries

My comment was centered on the progression to a more professional oriented system. I think that will degrade the sport over time.

After a bit more enlightened information on the matter I don’t think the report put out there is wrong

. I’d also like to point out,some posting here clearly have some shady a$$ agendas and care more about assigning hate to the only reporters with the intestinal fortitude to use journalistic powers for something other than local mug shots and the regurgitation cycle from their parent networks.

I thought there was a place in French Guyana 🇬🇾 for men like Barnhart with an all you drink koolaid bar. Our administration should let that tenet of his own Don Quixote imaginary ivory tower go on and take a rest there a while. Or suck on the car we purchase for that guy’s tailpipe about a half hour. Then hire the very best to come in with a game changer that not only places us on par with the other competitors,….. or even actually tries to innovate and find out a way to help us without getting shammed or harassed into it.

If Barnhart or JMI is providing obstacles then in my honest opinion they are in dereliction of duty and on JMI’s part nothing more than a parasite in need of eradication. I couldn’t care less about either greedy entities absolute shameful agenda. & before anyone says anything about his title 9 achievements shouldn’t you be at a curling match or that volleyball tournament in South Dakota? So he can shove them up his holy O ring Because if the money makers bottom drops out, he won’t get jack $#it from JMI and will beg the state legislature for money. And Nike will leave us for pic n pay as the new sponsor or kangaroo while he’s at it. Hell why not have Osh Kosh By Gosh trick the football team out with overalls to play in with leather helmets by Smokey Mtn leather works and Joe Theisman one bar glass face masks. Let’s look awful and be detrimental if that’s what he’s trying to do.

Also ,… kids these days will demonstrate and boycot and cancel and occupy and tweet and lay in front of a bulldozer for the spotted two pronged dart , or so they can all $#iT in the same bathroom, or for safe spaces in the non gender tampon closet; but will not storm the castle for dear old university. And I know the stupid Vawl fans rioted to get Jeremy Pruit,….. but this seems a tad different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT