ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Funding Criticality

rodgersl

Sophomore
Apr 7, 2007
It doesn’t matter who UK selects as the new head coach if the NIL funding situation is not fixed here we will have continued issues. I was told directly that is what Cal pushed for and couldn’t get a commitment. It’s the unfortunate state of college basketball but UK should take advantage of it and move the needle. Mitch needs to make this a top priority or he won’t be here very long regardless of the new hire.

Reactions: Fox2monk and wfc7
It doesn’t matter who UK selects as the new head coach if the NIL funding situation is not fixed here we will have continued issues. I was told directly that is what Cal pushed for and couldn’t get a commitment. It’s the unfortunate state of college basketball but UK should take advantage of it and move the needle. Mitch needs to make this a top priority or he won’t be here very long regardless of the new hire.

It's 100% fixed. That's all I can say. Fixed like never before.

I think that will improve now that Cal has gone, too many of the big dollar donors left the basketball program because of Cal, plus how many stories have come out about people reaching out to the coaching staff about an NIL deal only to hear the player was never told. This coaching staff was slacking and totally not doing their job.

I think that will improve now that Cal has gone, too many of the big dollar donors left the basketball program because of Cal, plus how many stories have come out about people reaching out to the coaching staff about an NIL deal only to hear the player was never told. This coaching staff was slacking and totally not doing their job.
This.

Reactions: jwphelps
Exactly, Mitch’s number 1 priority after securing the best coach possible is to fund raise for NIL. It’s impossible to compete without he. He can be that dumb to not realize this, as Football apparently has the support it needs.

Reactions: rodgersl
They all got paid regardless but it’s weird that the whole thing was players first, raising someone’s son, teaching them, and getting them help in their career. Only to not let them get the $ they deserve. Very hypocritical.

Thr NIL flow will tell us a lot. Either we have a problem funding a team in light of Arkansas giving $5mil for theirs.. or it was Cal, and folks were waiting for his exit.

The best part about all this.. my favorite part actually.. is that were going to learn some things in the coming years.
Coming weeks I’d say.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Well more so.. there's a lot if blame to go around.. everything from NIL, to officials, to the home crowds.. I'm just excited to see what things get better without Cal, and what things might not have been Cals fault. I suspect, as always, it's somewhere in the middle.
Yup, I’m curious from everything to Robic, to Jai Lucas, to donor support cut off, Mitch and his drama, just all kinda stuff. Sharpe incident, The dragon. All off it the truth finally.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
NIL will improve if the hire is good. I'm holding off donating until I see who is hired to be honest. I'm sure once the excitement comes back the funds will flow. Have also heard that Craft has promised to match Arkansas for whatever that's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT