ADVERTISEMENT

This is why

My bad. I really thought that we won today. Obviously, according to most of you guys, we did not. On top of that, Cal played the wrong lineups, and we should be embarrassed by our play.
We only scored 111 points, fire Cal. We didn't get the game opening possession, fire Cal. Joey Hart did not play, fire Cal.
I have to keep reminding myself that, except for a few on this board, that this is an absolute clueless, hateful fu****g place to try to talk UK basketball.

I've seen alot of dumb takes but this takes the cake. LOL no it doesn't but it's up there. I absolutely HATE fans who base their happiness on how much we beat teams by. That is the dumbest and most unreliable method in sports.

This team played like veterans down the stretch and just dominated the final 8-10 minutes. If you can't see and appreciate that and the effort, go follow another team. Oh and we got Mitchell back, so many positives today and this is the crap from folks who call themselves supporters

Arkansas probably played their best game all season. Our defense wasn’t stellar but it was there. Arkansas played really well. A win is a win.

My bad. I really thought that we won today. Obviously, according to most of you guys, we did not. On top of that, Cal played the wrong lineups, and we should be embarrassed by our play.
We only scored 111 points, fire Cal. We didn't get the game opening possession, fire Cal. Joey Hart did not play, fire Cal.
I have to keep reminding myself that, except for a few on this board, that this is an absolute clueless, hateful fu****g place to try to talk UK basketball.

Maybe if UK was playing a team that also played any semblance of defense, kind of wonder what happens then? Just a little defense by this UK team AND these players could play defense, they have the skills, this team could dominate.

Ark. has some really talented players and I was not surprised to see them come in and play lights out. They have nothing to lose . Kentucky brings out the best in everyone we play.
But I have to agree we need to play better defense because that is going to cause us a lot of problems in the SECT and NCCAT.

Reactions: ORCAT and dl51344
Amazing how many IDIOTS are on this board.

First of all, uh.... we WON!!!! Sorry, I know many of you so-called UK fans want Cal to lose games. And I am tired of Cal, and want us to move on from him. But until then I still want to win every game, and think we can win.
Secondly, Arkansas has had a bad year, but are NOT the worst team in the SEC (Missouri), nor the 2nd worst (Vandy). But they very well may finish 3rd from worst. BUT....the Arkansas team we saw today was not a 14-14 team, that team was much better, and NCAA-T quality level team. I don't know how many games they played without Davis and Brasile, but it sounds like they just both returned from extended absence.

I've seen alot of dumb takes but this takes the cake. LOL no it doesn't but it's up there. I absolutely HATE fans who base their happiness on how much we beat teams by. That is the dumbest and most unreliable method in sports.

This team played like veterans down the stretch and just dominated the final 8-10 minutes. If you can't see and appreciate that and the effort, go follow another team. Oh and we got Mitchell back, so many positives today and this is the crap from folks who call themselves supporters

Agree with your premise but sure do not agree this team played like veterans down the stretch. All this team is trying to do is win but they are not given the tools a coach should teach. This team in some ways takes over like the 2012 team BUT, this team does not have the sheer talent to overcome anyone like the 2012 team. If they had a just a semblance of defensive prowess (Even if they turned it off and on as they were required.) things would be a whole lot different.

Has no reasoning of how much this team beats anyone, has every reason with how this team plays to their capabilities. This team leaves so much talent "out of their game".... Nuff said...

Agree with your premise but sure do not agree this team played like veterans down the stretch. All this team is trying to do is win but they are not given the tools a coach should teach. This team in some ways takes over like the 2012 team BUT, this team does not have the sheer talent to overcome anyone like the 2012 team. If they had a just a semblance of defensive prowess (Even if they turned it off and on as they were required.) things would be a whole lot different.

Has no reasoning of how much this team beats anyone, has every reason with how this team plays to their capabilities. This team leaves so much talent "out of their game".... Nuff said...
Agree to disagree. The steals and fast break and 1s looked like what winning teams do down the stretch when game is in doubt. But I get what you're saying. We're not there 'yet' by any stretch but I saw some things today that gave me hope Cats are starting to play championship ball.

If they clean up the sloppiness around the rim gimmes they probably do win by 15-20

I don’t care what anyone says, the op is not a UK fan. Nothing but a troll.
Tncatfanforever is one of my least favorite posters. He is constantly negative and seems like a miserable poster. They're probably truly a UT fan that comes on here to stir up the board. Wish the mods would do something about them. Could you ever imagine watching a game with this person? Yuck!

Last edited:
Happy with the win. These kinds of games happen all over the country, all of the time. Yes, I know we've lost some games we shouldn't have. But take some solace in knowing in the past week we whooped Bama, won a tough road game in comeback fashion to another tourney team and held home court 1.5 pts under spread (again in comeback fashion).

I'll also add the defense tightened the screw late

Fwiw, UConn barely beat a pretty bad Butler team at home a few weeks ago. Purdue struggled at home vs Minnesota...Arizona vs. Stanford, so on and so forth. It is common in CBB.

Plus...Arkansas is a talented team....tbt.

It was nice to see Bradshaw have some positive moments but the reality is it was a net negative.
In only 12 minutes Bradshaw had 15 points, 5 rebounds, and a +/- of +10. Not sure how that's a net negative. In 20 minutes Z had 12 points, 9 rebounds, and the same exact +/-.

I love Z and think he's our best big. But saying Bradshaw was actually a net negative today doesn't seem accurate.

In only 12 minutes Bradshaw had 15 points, 5 rebounds, and a +/- of +10. Not sure how that's a net negative. In 20 minutes Z had 12 points, 9 rebounds, and the same exactly +/-.

I love Z and think he's our best big. But saying Bradshaw was actually a net negative today doesn't seem accurate.
it doesn't fit the narrative

Our free throw defense really must improve leaps and bounds. It’s like they don’t even try. They just stand there
The best free throw defense is learning to play defense. Stay in front of your man so you are in legal defending position, don’t reach in , keep your hands up things like that. Most importantly, don’t wear a UK uniform because if you do none of the previous stuff matters.

Reactions: podgejeff_
The best free throw defense is learning to play defense. Stay in front of your man so you are in legal defending position, don’t reach in , keep your hands up things like that. Most importantly, don’t wear a UK uniform because if you do none of the previous stuff matters.
43aaw5.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT