ADVERTISEMENT

This game will help Kentucky

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Lots to learn from this game. First, Murray will figure out he has to work much harder to get open and be an offensive factor against the triangle and two defense. He'll get it. Second, the whole team will get an early feel for an intense atmosphere like they'll experience in March. No SEC game, or even the SEC tourney, will be as hostile as this one between the crowd and the referees. The young players especially will know that they have to bring it every minute in a game like this.

Agree, and it has nothing to do with moral victories. That's supposed to be a top 5 team we played tonight -- and yes, I know that's VERY debatable -- and UK was the better team. You could even argue MUCH better. I truly believe on a neutral court, UK beats KU at least 7 out of 10 times, and probably more.

Bottom line is, on a neutral court, I'd take our chances against anyone. And I never thought I say that with this team, but Cal has done an amazing job.

Willis was a player this game. That is a big take away from this game for me. He's going to be better against strong competition in the future. Dom scored,and he;ll get better.
Skal scored and only has to grab a few tough rebounds. We didn't get stopped by a tough environment. We're have our day before this season is over.

that game was a war, and although ku won i think we proved as much or more to the media/country as ku in this game. they had that game circled for a year. and with 9 seconds left in regulation we had it. this is a loss but was an important game for experience. definitely the most hostile environment we'll see all year. i'm proud of our showing, and i hope briscoe finds his form again as before ot he was on a streak of 11-12 made ft's. still a lot of room for improvement, and we are moving this forward.

Ulis is wildly excellent, like Thomas of the Celtics on steroids.

If he and Murray are consistent, not injured, or ill this version of the UK team has possibilities for a deep run because of guard play which is important in March.

Very impressive and UK wins on a neutral court. The tone was set with the technical early in the game, which should not have been called.

On to Tenn where this becomes a bigger game then the KU one. We done shown the country we haven't went any where last night, now it's time to beat UT on the road and head back to Rupp playing 2. UF and UGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT